SOD Warlords - Suggestions & Discussions Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

HunterAlpha1 said:
Computica said:
toresque said:
Hi having a problem finding poets or ashiks to teach my love poems.... i used the cheat so i can hop around the map.  visited atleast 30 cities and have not found one.

I had stumbled upon some CC code that made more poets spawn in towns, I probably put that in the game then.
...and more travelers, ransom brokers, etc.
I'll make sure to do that to...

Computica said:
HunterAlpha1 said:
Computica said:
toresque said:
Hi having a problem finding poets or ashiks to teach my love poems.... i used the cheat so i can hop around the map.  visited atleast 30 cities and have not found one.

I had stumbled upon some CC code that made more poets spawn in towns, I probably put that in the game then.
...and more travelers, ransom brokers, etc.
I'll make sure to do that to...
or you could, i dunno, reduce the number of towns to a more reasonable number...

Bismarck said:
Will you add motomataru's formations + Caba`drin's Pre-Battle Order and Deployment kit?
My Marinians lack discipline. Polearm wielders are much more efficient when in a tight group.
Right now, the standard Warband "formation" can be easily broken through with a cavalry charge. However, with those mods installed, my Marinians would form a slow, but deadly phalanx and stop all cavalry charges. Besides, the formation kit automatically groups your men in groups: 1 for infantry, 1 for cavalry and 1 for archers. This makes the start of battles easier as you don't have to manage too much until your men are ready.

This looks good on paper, but vs the AI my cavalry will just form a fairly tight line that will outflank the AI's squares and envelop them, the press of horse will be so tight they wont even be able to use their weapons and only a small fraction of the enemy will even be able to fight, as the rest are squeezed among their friends (making them unable to use any weapon, especially a long one) so it's basicly saying "Hey guys, 100 cav vs 500 infantry? Don't worry, you'll only have to fight 50 of them at once, we implemented formations!"

The games combat is easy enough as it is I'm thinking.

I think formations would improve the game .I would love it if you could include the old fashion shield bash . There was a shield bash that on some mods would replace the kick .Thanks for creating a great mod.

gotrek43 said:
I think formations would improve the game .I would love it if you could include the old fashion shield bash . There was a shield bash that on some mods would replace the kick .Thanks for creating a great mod.

I want to add shield bash to the mod to, I'm going to have to wait on that for now though.

Finally SoD at warband. That is great news for me! I did not play SoD before couse i started to play M&B with warband. Still i searched every mod on this site and finally i have seen SoD forum after i readed i said to myself i must play it! But when i notice its only for M&B i was about to cry :smile:

Anyway SoD at warband and finally i can play it. I am looking forward more RP and options like feel me real lord or king "someone" not just butcher.

Hard to find companion but i belive when game complated you will add more companions. Map is too big! i dont know if its bad! Noble or not i am starting game with small army why? with no quest or aim. Not much encounter around. Every small parties runing around fast who we will fight?

When mod completed i belive will be one of the best mod at warband. Good luck and great job so far.

I think the tournament bet are too much, i can make 200k denars if i win, maybe you should lower the bet or make more ways to spend money or make tournament more challenging

KnightOfVaegir said:
I think the tournament bet are too much, i can make 200k denars if i win, maybe you should lower the bet or make more ways to spend money or make tournament more challenging

I've changed it already but thanks for the heads up.

Would be pretty neat if you could send in a spy (or bribe a villager?) to a castle/town that would have a chance modified by your tactics and/or persuasion skill to be able to open the main gate to some scenario scenes.  this would than allow you to flood inside of the castle via the gate rather than climb the walls.

I guess i just get tired of climbing ladders constantly or building siege engines and think this would throw in something new to the mix.

I share your thoughts Jadion, at a time we planned something like this for the MnB versions but didn't have the time for scene-making. Perhaps we'll re-consider it for the Warband version, but I for one don't promise anything in advance...

Halsemon said:
Sahran said:
I'm new to SoD since I was too ascared to try it in the days of "ROMAN D-DAY INVASION"  :shock:, but I was wondering if you've redesigned the vanilla faction's rosters in their style/approach and if not, would be open to recommendations?
I'm sorry, something inside me just wants to tear your heart out. There's no such word as ascared. For some reason, people use it interchangeably with afraid but it's not the same f*cking thing. Again: ASCARED ISN'T A WORD! F*ck... why even put the extra 'a'

Please tell anyone else you know that says 'ascared' to go die.

Sorry for raging, I just get extremely aggravated when reading or hearing people type/say that. I'll think of something to go in here to compensate for my outburst.

It's called being fun loving and silly. I typed afraid and then decided to write ascared to tie into the whole humor and jovial nature of describing a "Roman D-Day" with an emoticon. As long as we're acting rude, hostile, and without a sense of humor:

5771p.jpg

U mad?

Yeah.

U mad.

Okay being fun-loving and silly, sure I don't really know you so in that, you may be. The original post being humorous and having a jovial nature, definitely not. And mad? No not really anymore, just aggravated that you put 'ascared' because it is hillbilly/redneck talk. It is technically a word but only used in the south of America. 'Thou Incensed?' how would that get me mad? That doesn't even make any sense to me.

Custom buildings added to villages and such. Was something I suggested in M&B version, not entirely sure if they even exist right now. But personally, I'd love to see a sacrificial alter in the middle of a village. Or a church in general.

Onasaki said:
Custom buildings added to villages and such. Was something I suggested in M&B version, not entirely sure if they even exist right now. But personally, I'd love to see a sacrificial alter in the middle of a village. Or a church in general.
That would require the editing of scenes and the AI mesh. to do so.

Back
Top Bottom