Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Users who are viewing this thread

Any Questions you have concerning the mod please post here and I'll try to answer them.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=​

Q:Where is my rgl_log.txt and/or save files located?
A:1. rgl_log.txt files are generally located in the game's install directory, for example:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband
A2. Savegame files are generally located in the following directory:
C:\Users\(Your Name)\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband Savegames\Native

Q:Mod doesn't Start or crashes during the 1st load!
A1:Go to Configuration and make sure "Load Textures On Demand" is checked on.
A2:Get Warband Tamer to help tame the huge hunger for memory that Warband has.
Download: Warband Tamer
(Should be Obsolete with Warband 1.153)

Q:When I click Single Player to start a new game the mod freezes at the loading Screen!
A:You have to be patient and let the game load up the single-player content.

Q:grin:oes this Mod have problems with Windows 7?
A:No, that's one of the main reasons I've ported it to Warband.

Q:What type of programs do you use to make this mod?
A:Well, I use Notepad++ and Winmerge to edit the source code, I use OpenBrf and Autodesk 3Ds Max 2009 64-bit to Model and Import/Export objects, I use a combo of Thorgim's map editor and 3Ds Max to make maps, and I use Adobe Photoshop CS5 & Gimp to do my textures.

Q:Why can't i siege a enemy castle?
A:You have to be on bad terms with a faction before you can siege castles and take other hostile actions. Try doing something hostile like attacking that factions villagers or attacking a factions Lord. Make sure you installed the mod right and that you have the latest patch! All the contents should go in a folder under your module directory in one folder.

Q:How do I know that the mod has been correctly updated to v2.2?
A:Anytime I make a release the mod's picture will change according to Version number, you should see this when you select the mod:
maind.png
mainlk.png
maingo.png

This is how you know you have installed version 2.2 correctly, Make sure you open up the ".RAR" file with 7zip or WinRAR and then unpack the contents of the patch into the SOD_TC Module replacing files.

Q:grin:o any  troops in the mod use firearms or is it only the player?
A:No, I'm strictly against having faction troops with Firearms. Only Mercenaries that you hire in Taverns have firearms. You might run into a few Thugs (bandits {Looter Parties}) which wield pistols. Just, so you know Firearms are very balanced. (Plans to add some in the future...)

Q:How do you extract an ".RAR" file?
A1:Get 7zip: http://www.7-zip.org/
A2:This may not be required from now on since I use an Installer for all releases.

Q:Is there a death camera mode after Battle?
A:Yes there is, when your hero is knocked during battle press "space" to activate it. Use the "W,A,S,D" keys to move around; Use "Shift" to increase camera movement; Use the "L/R Mouse buttons" to move the camera up & down.

Q:The patches are good but can you make full updates instead of patches?
A:Yes, I will make major updates like I've done in the past, but if I release a patch it's just to fix any major issues for anyone who wants a quick fix or has just started playing the game:
-Incremental Patches (2.3,2.3f1,2.3f2,2.3f3,2.3f4, etc): Are for people who are having some problems with current save games
-Minor Updates (4.0,4.1,4.2,4.3, etc.): May or may not break save games but most likely will.
-Major Updates (3.0,4.0,5.0,6.0,7.0, etc): Are Major jumps to a new version number. Those Have Full releases and will break save games.

Q:If I update the game to a new version, are the updates save compatible?
A:No, anytime you update the game you have to make a new one. I make so many changes and updates that you'll need to make a new game. If the patch is a fix then you should be a OK if I say the fix is save compatible.

Q:How are Nobles and Faith Troops Obtained?
1) Town/Castle with Chapter = Enable Noble Stage 1 (+1 Town with Temple) (+1 Village with Monastery) (+1 Village with Shrine) || Check Time Every Day

2) Noble Stage 1 -> Noble Stage 2 -> Noble Stage 3 (Max Level)

3a) Noble Stage 3 - (High Personal Faith in Player Party) -> 1 x Noble Zealot (Stage 4) || Check Time Every Day
3b) Noble Stage 3 - (Garrisoned in Town with Temple, High Overall Faith [of Town & Bound Villages]) -> (0 to 10) x Noble Zealot (Stage 4) || Check Time Every Week

4) Noble Zealot - (Garrisoned in Castle with Chapel) -> (1 to 10) x Faith Troop (Final Stage) || Check Time Every Week

Q:I would like to make a change to scene. How do I access the scene editor?
A:Nordous' Sceners Guild

Q:What are the entry points for Village, Castle, & Town Scenes?
A:Lord Samuel's Siege Pack

Q:The game randomly crashes when I exit a town, before or after a battle, and when I save the game sometimes!
A1: Look inside the "Forum Help" Posts on at the end of this post.
A2:Try this: Go to the SOD_TC Module folder, then go inside the textures folder; after that, delete these texture files: ocean.dds, desert.dds, map_steppe.dds, mountain.dds, and plain.dds texture files.
Solution Provided by Bismarck
A:Some people suggest the following:
- Search and open rgl_config.txt
- Look for "render_buffer_size = 15"
- Increase the low amount of 15 to half of your graphic card's memory. In my case, it's 128.
Source Provided by Shapic
- Fix for some crashes... by: Tei
- Known things that will cause you to CTD or Lag heavily! by: Kinsume
External Help
- Game Configuration

Bail said:
Goldbrandz said:
This trick fixed the save crash for me......... go to accessories, run command prompt as administrator, then type in this value "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 2990" no quotes, then restart your computer and it shouldnt crash anymore like mine  :grin: also this only works for 32 bit win7/vista.

This worked for me. After i did the above, i tried to recreate my crashes, but i was unsuccessful and I'm now playing without the crashes.
illithar said:
Tried just about everything to get this to run. I mean looks great, can travel around, talk, recruit, even duel. Every single battle plays a few seconds then CTD. Have downloaded and reinstalled 3 times. OS and video drivers fully updated. Tried starting fresh game with smaller troop numbers on new install crashes at end of battle instead. Warband native runs fine. Using Steam. Geforce 8800GT, 3GB Ram, Intel Quad Core 32 Bit Q6600 processor. Log says XP but is Win 7. Running proper version of Warband.

I can't think of anything else unless someone here has a solution? did already try all suggested changes on the forum, and the above cmd line won't work on mine.
Computica said:
1) OK, the fact that it says your using Windows XP instead of Windows 7 is a huge issue if your using windows 7.
2) Windows XP Service Pack 3 is the latetest.
3) Make sure you not running the Warband Executable in compatibility mode.
4) Hmm... I forgot what I was going to say... Oh! Your rgl_log.txt file is clean. Did you post it right after the crash?
5) Did you get the minister quest bug at the start of the game??? If you did apply the patch again and start a new game.
6) The most important! You only have 1 gig of Physical Ram!!!! This is a major problem... you should have at least 2 gigs when playing a mod like this.
illithar said:
Thanks,

Totally appreciate the reply, especially so quick.

I did post right after the last crash. I mean the mod looks great and I seem to be able to do everything except fight a battle, which is a pretty major draw back. But that does point to a memory issue I guess.

I needed someone to interpret the rgl. log, which you did. Stating XP seemed odd, and you have said that's bad, I mean for all I knew odd that it seemed, it might have been normal. This PC has never had XP installed, was Vista, now Win 7. Equally I didn't understand the 1 Gig of Ram thing, I have 3 Gigs installed. 

Only problem I had was initially until this was with loading and the posted FAQ "Load Textures" fix covered that.

So I have a disc for Warband even though I have Steam, I'll uninstall everything and reinstall, not just the mod. Damnedest thing Warband was really stable in Native. I'll post if this all works.

My only question is I'm not sure about the Warband Executable in compatibility mode? How would I turn that off or check if it's running?. I do see a compatibility mode folder in the Steam files but Googling it didn't help me much.

Thanks again,

I don't mind putting a bit of effort in to get it working but hard to do when I didn't have a clue what was actually broken. I'll see if reinstalling Warband gets me a log saying Win 7 and 3 Gigs of Ram, seems like a good place to start. .
illithar said:
Tried one final fix, checking "force single threading". Managed to play a battle all the way through and then crash. Knew it was to good to be true. But I do see log errors this time if this any use? Will go ahead with uninstall all and reinstall as still saying XP. Weird.
Computica said:
Your missing mod & core game music files (.OGG format music files). Completely delete Warband and reinstall it (Keep your saves folder). Make sure "single threading" is left unchecked. You could use the power of all four CPU cores. Go to your system properties and make sure that Windows is displaying your correct Hardware information. If the rgl_log.txt only reads that 1 gig of ram is available then you probably might need to reinstall Windows 7 or do a complete format of your hard drive. Either that or your hardware in your computer could have some issues. Take it to somewhere to get it fixed or checked on. I hope you find out the issue. Good Luck!
illithar said:
Thanks Computica,

I completely deleted Warband as you suggested and also Steam, although it didn't want to be deleted. Reinstalled all, and hey presto. Just spent 30 mins playing a great Mod, CTD free including a battle. Thanks and I think the issue was with Steam and what it was reading as my PC. Would never have thought of looking there without your help. Hope this helps others. Cheers.

Starting new log file.
Version:  1.134

-- OS: Microsoft Windows 7  Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 32-bit
-- RAM: Available physical RAM: 1802MB/3070MB
-- CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU    Q6600  @ 2.40GHz (GenuineIntel)
- L2 cache size: 4096K
- CPU Features: FPU MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 EST HTT
- Number of CPUs: 4 ( Speed: ~2394MHz / ~2394MHz / ~2394MHz / ~2394MHz )

-- GPU:
- D3D9 Adapter: 0 / Driver: nvd3dum.dll / Description: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
- D3D9 Adapter: 1 / Driver: nvd3dum.dll / Description: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
- Texture Memory: 1776 ( Available Texture Memory: 1705 )

Received stats and achievements from Steam

Processing Ini File {
Module_name =  SOD_Warlords_TC30
Num Hints =  12
Computica said:
Cool Flipping Beans!

Q:Why can't i siege a enemy castle?
A:You have to be on bad terms with a faction before you can siege castles and take other hostile actions. Try doing something hostile like attacking that factions villagers or attacking a factions Lord. Make sure you installed the mod right and that you have the latest patch! All the contents should go in a folder under your module directory in one folder.

Castle should be Town.....you can lay siege to a castle w/o declaring war on the faction, doing so will be the declaration of war, but you cannot besiege a town w/o hostilities already being underway.

I haven't checked this myself, but reasons you might not be able to siege an "enemy" castle could be because they aren't the enemy.  If you are a vassal or merc, perhaps your king made peace with the faction you were about to siege, but you didn't notice.  You cannot start a war when you are a vassal or merc via hostile actions, only the king or the enemy faction's ruler can do that.  You also might not be able to siege when still under the duration of a truce, non-agression pact, or any other treaty.  Not sure about all of that though.

Jagen Claw said:
How do you install a patch?Sorry for bein such a noob :neutral:
From the .RAR Package:
Requirements:
1. Need to have Warband version 1.134
2. Need to have "SOD_TC V1.00" or "SOD_TC V2.00"
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Install Instructions:
1. Just move the ontents of the "SOD_TC V2.2" folder into the "SOD_TC V1.00" or "SOD_TC V2.00" Module Folder.
2. After that you can start up M&B Warband and select the mod in the drop down menu.
3. This patch isn't save game compatible. Export & Import your character to save their stats.

KnightOfVaegir said:
How do i Recruit Nobles

For now you get them from your Auto Garrison. you can get from 0 to 3. The level there on depends on your kingdoms Serfdom amount. In the future getting Nobles will be more like SOD Gold is. The population System isn't ported yet but that and balancing out the weapons are my main priorities.

when i start the game it says "Unable to open file: Modules\SOD_TC V2.4\Resource\SOD_Armors.brf"
i have tried everything.
i look threw the forums also couldn't find anything :sad:

NuMbRrZ said:
when i start the game it says "Unable to open file: Modules\SOD_TC V2.4\Resource\SOD_Armors.brf"
i have tried everything.
Your download is corrupt, that's why that file is missing.

Computica said:
NuMbRrZ said:
i have tried everything.
Your download is corrupt, that's why that file is missing.
I am re-downloading it now. should this help?

Where are all the hero units? I have only found a few hero characters such as Bunduk and Rolf at the time being. I would like to find them more easily due to the high volume of cities. Great Mod!

Helfy said:
Where are all the hero units? I have only found a few hero characters such as Bunduk and Rolf at the time being. I would like to find them more easily due to the high volume of cities. Great Mod!

Glad you like the mod! I have to add more due to the amount of cities in-game. The next release will be more solid than 2.4 so it'll be awhile.

RenRul said:
what is the best way to get lords/vassals?
Since their are only 16 npcs the best way is to free some from prison or be friend them. They will ask to be your vassal if you are your own king. But you have to have good renown and relations with the person switching factions. Hmm.... You can always use diplomacy too by sending gifts and asking if they want to join. If you can find at least 2 Hero companions then that will expand the options you have for diplomacy.

Okay, I've downloaded the .RAR but i dont have a module folder, where do i need to create a module folder, unless I've got one and its just not labled as "module"

Install Instructions:
1. Just move the "SOD_TC V2.4" folder into Mount & Blade: Warbands Module  Folder.
2. After that you can start up M&B Warband and select the mod in the drop down menu.

I dont have a Module Folder, thats my problem, im trying to find out where its supposed to be, and whats supposed to be in it.

Back
Top Bottom