how to "take" troops from your lords??

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

General WVPM

Recruit
hello

is there a way to take troops from your lords (here you can only give troops and reset) just like with your own castle/city (there you can give and take troops)

general wvpm

Use this if you want it like it is done for garrisons.

(change_screen_exchange_members,1),

I am not sure what the number means....wouldn't be difficult to find out though.

This is used in the dialog between you and your vassal btw.
(change_screen_give_members, "$g_talk_troop_party"),

so I would say it is just another window (and another file)

I haven't tried it so I actually don't know but what I would be trying is to do change the line

(change_screen_give_members, "$g_talk_troop_party"),
to
(change_screen_exchange_members,"$g_talk_troop_party"),

and see how it works out.
The may be utterly wrong though.

Anyway. Just search for '(change_screen_give_members, "$g_talk_troop_party"), ' in module_dialogues.
I think there is no other dialogue using this so it is probably the first hit. You should check the code where this is used and find out if you are at the right place.

i'm sorry but i can't find that line. (the only match i found was in dialog_states it says: "exchange_members" and in a file called variables i found this: "g_talk_troop_party")
in which file is it? (the change_screen part)

btw thanks for the fast reply.

ok i found it in the conversations file
Code:
dlga_lord_talk:lord_give_troops 69631 628  2 31 2 144115188075855989 432345564227567630 2147484208 3 144115188075855987 8 0 I_want_to_give_some_troops_to_you.  740  0 NO_VOICEOVER 
dlga_lord_give_troops:lord_pretalk 4095 740  0 Well,_I_could_use_some_good_soldiers._Thank_you.  157  1 2056 1 144115188075855993 NO_VOICEOVER
but which number do i need to add??

Oh, ...lol...now this changes everything.

I didn't know that you were editing .txt files. I thought you were using the module system. I have no clue of what to do with .txt files. It is perhaps not even possible to change it that way... *shrugs*

EDIT: You should refrain from using the module system though. All you need is to install python 2.6 and download that module system. After that it is just a tiny change to make it work so you can make your own .txt files. All that you need to know about the installation is well described and to be found in the upper sticky threads.

Here is a link to a very good introduction to the module system and how to install python.

http://www.freewebs.com/jikbyond/40kTut/M&B%20Module%20System%20Doc2-3.pdf

btw. I meant 'you should'nt refrain from using' of course.  :razz:

ok thanks i will try

EDIT: ok i downloaded it and all that but now i'm stuck how do i open the files?
        btw i use warband 1.134 and diplomacy (don't by angry at me for modding it, it's for me and i won't post it)

btw sry for late reply i was away :oops:

You can mod Diplomacy to your heart's content. It is open source. There are no problems there.
Just download Diplomacy's specific module system from within the Diplo board (I think the source is available in the "craftsmen" thread or some such).

oh thanks i'll try.

EDIT:when i finally think i've figured it out it comes up with error 13 in the build_module.bat file it says that it doesn't have permission please help.
        btw i didn't see the conversations file and i've found an editor called pythonic module editor 0.95 where i did found the excact line and i could edit it but couldn't save it.

You mean windows gives you this error message?

Then it would be something related to user rights. Make sure you are logged in as administrator, take a look at your rights within your mod folder. Right click on it and checking the properties should help. You probably need to uncheck the 'read only' option.
Just an idea, never had such an issue myself.

i did that already it's realy wierd
i found the line now i only need to add it to the game  :sad:
btw i already edited some troops and items and other things with morghs editor and tweakmb do i lose those changes??

It's really not hard dude. Just find the line in dialogues and replace the line where you give troops. Just simply change the name of the window he has to open to change_screen_exchange_members and you're done.

i did that but the build_module.bat gives an error:it comes up with error 13 in the build_module.bat file it says that it doesn't have permission please help.
but how do i add that to the game?
with build_module.bat?

Did you set the path to your module folder in module_info.py?

It should look like

export_dir = "C:/Program Files/Mount&Blade/Modules/Your_Mod_Folder/"

Note that there are slashes not backslashes....

EDIT: If you run your .bat it then will create .txt files within the given folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom