[B] Epic Man Sounds Pack - Open Source [RELEASE and VIDEO]

Users who are viewing this thread

Revan Shan

Grandmaster Knight
Epic Man Sounds Pack
by Revan Shan

This was originaly a sound enhancement for Hiridia: Ungovernable Lands but I made it Open Source. Any mod is free to use it.

No need to ask for permission. Just give credit.

Video Preview / Demonstration
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw-dk62Vge8

Download
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2587

Description

This includes new sound effects for men. There are new voices for hit, death, grunt, yell and victory. There's such a wide variety of sounds that some sound types get to their track limit (32).

I was inspired by the sound effects used for the trailers of the Assassins' Creed series, the movie 'Troy' and several series about ancient rome.

I want to believe it is the most reallistic (or at least movie-like) sound pack made. At least I'm sure it is a nice break from Native's man sounds which, to me, sound too barbaric.

Format

All sounds are in wav format, which is much lighter than mp3 and can be played by normal players (unlike ogg) so you can take them a look one by one or whatever.

Use (MS lines)
People familiar with the module system should know already how to use this. Just change the old code lines for the new ones on module_sounds:

# ("man_hit",sf_priority_7|sf_vol_10, ["man_hit_5.ogg","man_hit_6.ogg","man_hit_7.ogg","man_hit_8.ogg","man_hit_9.ogg","man_hit_10.ogg","man_hit_11.ogg","man_hit_12.ogg","man_hit_13.ogg","man_hit_14.ogg","man_hit_15.ogg",
("man_hit",sf_priority_7|sf_vol_10, ["golpe1.wav","golpe2.wav","golpe3.wav","golpe4.wav","golpe5.wav","golpe6.wav","golpe7.wav","golpe8.wav","golpe9.wav","golpe10.wav","golpe11.wav","golpe12.wav","golpe13.wav","golpe14.wav","golpe15.wav","golpe16.wav","golpe17.wav","golpe18.wav","golpe19.wav","golpe20.wav","golpe21.wav","golpe22.wav","golpe23.wav","golpe24.wav","golpe25.wav","golpe26.wav","golpe27.wav"]),

# ("man_die",sf_priority_10,  ["man_death_1.ogg","man_death_8.ogg","man_death_8b.ogg","man_death_11.ogg","man_death_14.ogg","man_death_16.ogg","man_death_18.ogg","man_death_21.ogg","man_death_29.ogg","man_death_40.ogg","man_death_44.ogg","man_death_46.ogg","man_death_48.ogg","man_death_64.ogg","wilhelm_scream.ogg"]),# ["man_fall_1.ogg","man_fall_2.ogg","man_fall_3.ogg","man_fall_4.ogg"]),
("man_die",sf_priority_10,  ["dolor1.wav","dolor2.wav","dolor3.wav","dolor4.wav","dolor5.wav","dolor6.wav","dolor7.wav","dolor8.wav","dolor9.wav","dolor10.wav","dolor11.wav","dolor12.wav","dolor13.wav","dolor14.wav","dolor15.wav","dolor16.wav","dolor17.wav","dolor18.wav","dolor19.wav","dolor20.wav","dolor21.wav","dolor22.wav","dolor23.wav","dolor24.wav","dolor25.wav","dolor26.wav","dolor27.wav","dolor28.wav","dolor29.wav","dolor30.wav","dolor31.wav","dolor32.wav"]),

# ("man_grunt_long",sf_priority_5|sf_vol_8, ["man_grunt_1.ogg","man_grunt_2.ogg","man_grunt_3.ogg","man_grunt_5.ogg","man_grunt_13.ogg","man_grunt_14.ogg"]),
("man_grunt_long",sf_priority_5|sf_vol_10, ["esfuerzo.wav","esfuerzo2.wav","esfuerzo3.wav","esfuerzo4.wav","esfuerzo5.wav","esfuerzo6.wav","esfuerzo7.wav","esfuerzo8.wav","esfuerzo9.wav","esfuerzo10.wav","esfuerzo11.wav","esfuerzo12.wav","esfuerzo13.wav","esfuerzo14.wav","esfuerzo15.wav","esfuerzo16.wav","esfuerzo17.wav","esfuerzo18.wav","esfuerzo19.wav","esfuerzo20.wav","esfuerzo21.wav","esfuerzo22.wav","esfuerzo23.wav","esfuerzo24.wav","esfuerzo25.wav","esfuerzo26.wav","esfuerzo27.wav","esfuerzo28.wav","esfuerzo29.wav","esfuerzo30.wav","esfuerzo31.wav","esfuerzo32.wav"]),

# ("man_yell",sf_priority_6|sf_vol_10, ["man_yell_4.ogg","man_yell_4_2.ogg","man_yell_7.ogg","man_yell_9.ogg","man_yell_11.ogg","man_yell_13.ogg","man_yell_15.ogg","man_yell_16.ogg","man_yell_17.ogg","man_yell_20.ogg","man_shortyell_4.ogg","man_shortyell_5.ogg","man_shortyell_6.ogg","man_shortyell_9.ogg","man_shortyell_11.ogg","man_shortyell_11b.ogg",
#                        "man_yell_b_18.ogg","man_yell_22.ogg", "man_yell_c_20.ogg"]),
("man_yell",sf_priority_6|sf_vol_10, ["grito1.wav","grito2.wav","grito3.wav","grito4.wav","grito5.wav","grito6.wav","grito7.wav","grito8.wav","grito9.wav","grito10.wav","grito11.wav","grito12.wav","grito13.wav","grito14.wav","grito15.wav","grito16.wav","grito17.wav","grito18.wav","grito19.wav","grito20.wav","grito21.wav","grito22.wav","grito23.wav","grito24.wav","grito25.wav","grito26.wav","grito27.wav"]),

# ("man_victory",sf_priority_5|sf_vol_10, ["man_victory_3.ogg","man_victory_4.ogg","man_victory_5.ogg","man_victory_8.ogg","man_victory_15.ogg","man_victory_49.ogg","man_victory_52.ogg","man_victory_54.ogg","man_victory_57.ogg","man_victory_71.ogg"]),
("man_victory",sf_priority_5|sf_vol_10, ["victoria1.wav","victoria2.wav","victoria3.wav","victoria4.wav","victoria5.wav","victoria6.wav","victoria7.wav","victoria8.wav","victoria9.wav","victoria10.wav","victoria11.wav","victoria12.wav","victoria13.wav","victoria14.wav","victoria15.wav","victoria16.wav","victoria17.wav","victoria18.wav","victoria19.wav","victoria20.wav","victoria21.wav","victoria22.wav","victoria23.wav","victoria24.wav","victoria25.wav","victoria26.wav","victoria27.wav","victoria28.wav","victoria29.wav","victoria30.wav"","victoria31.wav","victoria32.wav"]),

Demonstration Video Released!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw-dk62Vge8
(also in Youtube extra HD)

This video shows the new sounds using Hiridia: Ungovernable Lands' dev version.

Huh, pretty nice. I imagine they'll sound quite well in combination with other, native, sounds as well. Increasing variety is always nice and especially in terms of voices. Thanks!

Kellorkleft said:
Everyone has the same voice...

Well, I added a small spectrum of sounds. So voices are similar but not the same. But of ocurse they look more or less the same, as in Native. The problem is that you wouldn't want one type of voice when the guy gets hit, and another when he dies. It would look weird.

Epic Man, to the rescue!  :lol:

Edit: They all sound like a bunch of Samurais. Could be good for a Japanese mod.

Well, my only serious critizism is this: People would sound a bit more... I dont know, cornered, afraid, louder in general if meeting with a man facing a 2 hander. I suggest you keep these sounds, amongst Native ones.

offense not meant, but isn't the sounds supposed to sound MORE realistic than native? cause they don't.  "waaa.. wuuuu... waaa.. wuuu.. "  - and you only hear like 1 - 3 people on a battlefield? c'mon.

I think I see where you are going with this, and hope that it works out, it is a fantastic idea, and a great endeavor, and when you implement it successfully, it will be a great addon mod.  Right now though, (if that youtube video is current) it doesn't seem better than native at all.  In native you can actually hear things they are yelling, and there are several yelling, some are doing battlecries, some are yelling BASTARD! .. but they aren't all just going .. wuuuu..  waaaa..  wuuuu... waaaa. 

Good luck, this should be great when researched more & re-recorded & implemented properly.  Keep up the good work!  This isn't meant to flame you or anything, just constructive critisism.

Back
Top Bottom