Team America (USA)

Users who are viewing this thread

Mr.X

American-Flag-Wall-Art.png

Just creating a place for the US players to collaborate on their team. If you want to participate or think you should lead, post here. More info to come.

1st String (Starters)
MrX (Captain)
Rhade (Captain)
Vanidar
Scott_Ray
peers
Tyrian
Tigerclaw
Beer

String 1.5 (The guys who joined late)
LordHasek
Mad Dawg
Fortinbras

2nd String (Subs and whatnot)
nickdean
Gaunt
antigone
Kitten
Adoptagoat
John

Honorable (note the spelling euro's) Mentions (people the team thinks is cool)
Zoltanus
Swii
Kherven.

The Second String IS on the team, the first string will just get priority in matches, unless Rhade or I say otherwise.
Congratulations to those who made it.

Just adding, the deadline is coming up, and we need to have a team decided by 16/03/2011. I believe that's Euro-speak for March 16th. I would like to have a list of all the perspective players done in 2 weeks maximum so we have time to make our final choices.

Extra info 2/19/11: The poll concerning the server ruling, along with ruling's with Khergits and such should come up within a few days. I'll be voting as Captain of the American Team for now. Once we have the ruling, I would like to wait about a week for more signups, then have everyone who is a perspective player vote on who they would like to see as Captain out of the players who have signed up to be captain. Those players who have signed up to be Captain can vote as well. The idea behind this is that if the troops don't trust the leader, it probably won't work out too well. Then I'll gather the votes and from them choose a Captain and a Second. In the event of a tie, we'll have co-captains most likely. The Captain and his Second will then proceed to choose their troops in whatever manner they desire, be it tryouts or simply picking people. If something seems too unfair I'll try and moderate it. This is open to suggestions though, so post please.

Extra info 2/20/11: Alright guys, concerning the server ruling:
captain lust said:
Well I've been following this thread for a while now and it's clear that you Americans feel very strongly about this, which is understandable.

Firstly, to Rhade, I would say that you have a lot of players and you're bound to have players that will want to play, even if you can't play on US servers. You seem to be "hinging" the entire US team on this poll, which is perhaps steamrolling said players that might want to compete, whatever the outcome. So please, be more considerate and let others speak for themselves.

As for the matter at hand, I happen to think that US servers should be used but under a number of conditions:

-The EU team, playing on the US server, should have the choice of a number of servers, before the match. Some US servers are much more favourable to EU players, than others and last year, I'm not convinced we got the best deal.

-The US team must play on an EU server located near (preferable *in*) the country they are playing against. Otherwise, we can end up with a situation like last year, where the penalty (pingwise) for US players is far less. I remember, in the UK team, we all had around 110-120 on your server and most of you had 80-90 on our server. This makes a really big difference but I believe it doesn't have to be that way.

-For countries further east, certainly Turkey, Russia, Ukraine (possibly some others), a UK/French server is used. There's no point playing 200 vs 12 ping each way and even if the penalty is greater for one team, a single, central, server is the only fair way to play the match.

-None of the above rules are set in stone. This is only our second Nations Cup so some things may always have to be adapted to make things fair. ESPECIALLY when playing against North American teams, all servers should be decided upon well in advance, so that if there are issues, or a team feels the above rules are working against them, an admin can examine the situation and resolve it. Something which is rarely possible, and quite aggravating, on the night.

Now, I am only offering this opinion personally, not as an event admin but if the Americans agreed to these terms, I would support scrapping the poll altogether and letting the US servers be used.

This has been offered. Personally I agree with each of these points, so my vote would be to accept these terms, but I wanna hear your opinions before it's official.

Alright, we appear to have reached a compromise where each of the team captains will work together in order to find the fairest ping for their players. We'll end sign up's in a week or so, and then everyone who has shown interest will vote on who they want to lead them. You'll get a PM with more info on that when the time comes.

Team Roster Announced

Me too, and I'd like to suggest a poll in this thread about who is most suited for Captain.
But first, nominations.

Faranox said:
I'd like to express my interest in joining this team as a player.

Noted.

BigBoss said:
Me too, and I'd like to suggest a poll in this thread about who is most suited for Captain.
But first, nominations.

Noted as well, I'll update the op with your names a little later.

Also concerning leaders, I'd be happy to step down if someone else is a more popular/efficient. Right now I'm getting the names of everyone interested. Basically if you have any interest you should post here. I'll also be PMing and contacting  some players who don't frequent taleworlds.

Gehn said:
Interested in trying out.
i know that their are better players then me but i still if could try out, and offer my service's for any other stuff such as getting little practice scrims for team usa and etc.

Outlawed said:
Mr.X said:
Kaz: Spam goes in the NAAS thread.
Madoc: noted.

You know what Mr.X, F U! lol.
Team Canada will be better than this mark my words! XD

Keep the spam to the NAAS thread please.

POM_Zero said:
Gehn said:
i know that their are better players then me but i still if could try out, and offer my service's for any other stuff such as getting little practice scrims for team usa and etc.

Noted.

IG_M said:
Gehn said:
Vouching for gehn's ability to be headshotting me 24/7, would be valuable addition to team america world police

Noted.

It's urgent to find out if Captain Lust is going to be willing to change the rule forcing every round to be played on Euro servers.

If this rule is changed, BkS will sign up.
If it isn't, best of luck.

At any rate, take my advice and look for Akmar, Gravish, Hasek, Scott Ray, Marnid, Kitten in the meantime.

If the rule is changed, expect myself, Vanidar, peers and potentially a few more to sign up.

Rhade said:
It's urgent to find out if Captain Lust is going to be willing to change the rule forcing every round to be played on Euro servers.

If this rule is changed, BkS will sign up.
If it isn't, best of luck.

At any rate, take my advice and look for Akmar, Gravish, Hasek, Scott Ray, Marnid, Kitten in the meantime.

If the rule is changed, expect myself, Vanidar, peers and potentially a few more to sign up.

I've put off contacting anyone until I get the decision on the server rules. I'll contact you guys once we get a final decision.

I'll vocalize interest. :smile: I know I'm not a first string pick by any means (or, given the talent pool in the US, even a second string pick!), but anything I can do to help our team would be fantastic. I know that running the K-TIT is a big responsibility, so if there are going to be straws drawn or questions over a slot, then it might be best to exclude me even if I (in an unlikely event) pass the skill requirement. Still, if you guys need help then I'll try my best, even if it's just organizing a practice or running a line of communication with another nation's team. :smile:

You guys obviously have never seen peers with a bow. D:

Also, if common sense is used and the rule forcing everyone to play on euro servers is changed, I actually would be willing to be team captain, as well.

Back
Top Bottom