[M]WWII China Battlefield MP v02.06.11 (Patch v02.07.11 )

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
broken shield said:
shadowarcher said:
Grenades and coehorns need to be taken out of MP, just caught 2 people TK'ing with explosives, plus they make the game lag a lot.
Well for Tk there should be admins.
About lag:
There should be some troop limiter like is in Vikingr and othere mod where only set nummber of people can go for a class. Some only 5% of players could play with class which usess Coehorns.

Although i agree about the limiter the issue still lies with the enemy bots who seem to love grenade spamming us.

Very nice work.

Any plans of limiting special, powerful classes like grenadier or machine gunner? It could be done like in Vikingr(I think), reducing the amount of  those class slots to a small percentive of the whole team. So maybe 5-10% are good values.

Also the accuracy of rifles seems to be not much better than pistols. Did you know that you can know put the accuracy stat above 100 to balance out the accuracy decrease from the high base damage? Here the link to the bug tracker entry.

It seems like after a while, lag exponentially increases. I'll start out at 80 FPS on a brand new map, and then it will slowly get lower from there, until I'm in the single digits.

True. A limit like in Vikingr would be useful here.
Also, is there a European server up today?
I only saw a couple of servers situated in China...

Regards

v02.07.11 Patch
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2554
Please install this patch first then play the game.
v02.07.11
Increased all grenades' price, decreased their throwing speed.
Fixed some bugs, like mines and defences.
Decreased the number of attacking enemies in Last Man Standing mode.
Some minor adjusts.

William please take out the grenades, the game is not fun any more because the moment you get in you die and its all because of the enemy using  a lot of explosives.

I must agree. IIRC , in the 1866 mod by Highlander, was an option for the
administrators where they could choose to disable the grenades on the server.
You could pm Highlander about that, if it's not somewhere situated in the Forge..
This way, you won't have to change the code with limmited troopclasses...

Regards

You can't simply take out everything you consider as over powerful.
If horsemen + grenades been taken out of the game, the next thing you feel over powerful is MGs. Then we take out MGs, coehorns going to be over powerful too. If we again take out coehorns, this game should change its name by that time, that thing is no longer about WWII.
Explosives are cheap and easy to make, Chinese big sword squad members normally were only using grenades, mause pistols and big sword.

My opinion about what should be changed is observing the game. Let the human players play the game, exploit everything, develop successful counter-tactics, if something can't be beaten all the time, then that is the thing which should be adjusted.

Well you could just lower the accuracy of coehorns so that they wouldn't hit directly where you are aiming. So that you need to fire them in the group and they aren't usefull in 1vs1 commbat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom