SET SAIL, AND CONQUER!

Users who are viewing this thread

Alestorm

Veteran
I have noticed on the raid maps with the longboats that no matter what way you do something you always lose on the raiding side...... just an hour ago, me and a couple of guys were in one boat and when we stood up, we all got shot in the face from archers on all sides...... we had the large round shields. Also once we died I looked over to the port ship and we had about......9 people on it, there were four guys defending it with shields and all of them just jumped on and killed all of us...

Great mod but the raiding is a bit ( MASSIVELY) difficult.....

oh :grin: ok than

ps.would there be some way for the raiding team to get a few more people than the defense? that would even things out a bit

lol, not true at all, crouch behind the boats, and when enemies jump, u slash and they die. Done, and it isint hard. and i only like to be the offensive, so bravo on that map, it got me very interested with objectives and all

There should be a a "defender faction"

Classes

Civillians- 1/2 of the defenders will be this.
Militia- 1/4 will be this
Soldier(of whatever faction is defending)- Another 1/4.
Local ruler- One person of course.

However, the idea is that the raiders are well armed but the inhabitants have more people. So for example, in a game of 40 people there would be 15 raiders and the rest of the server would be defenders.

Suspicous Pilgrim said:
There should be a a "defender faction"

Classes

Civillians- 1/2 of the defenders will be this.
Militia- 1/4 will be this
Soldier(of whatever faction is defending)- Another 1/4.
Local ruler- One person of course.

However, the idea is that the raiders are well armed but the inhabitants have more people. So for example, in a game of 40 people there would be 15 raiders and the rest of the server would be defenders.

I second this idea, it's really good.

Wouldn't the server auto-balance? Can we actually limit the roles of each player? I thought it was hard-coded that a player can choose any role he/she wants

playing as a civilian would suck, unless you like wearing dresses and chicken running with a mere knife in you hand  :lol: beside, you can already re-spawn as civilian or monk in the raid mode now. so I would take that chance happily if it is for free and doubles the play time, rather choosing to play in a vikingr mode as the most utter crap puny pot-licker peasant.

Kawee said:
Wouldn't the server auto-balance? Can we actually limit the roles of each player? I thought it was hard-coded that a player can choose any role he/she wants

Didn't the Hunt-mod include a feature like that? 75% of all the players as Hunters and 25% as Beasts?

You could edit the longboat raid map a little to make it suitable for a full server. Just make the landing points further apart so it's harder for the defenders to cover the ground between the two.

mR_dIlLeNgeR said:
I second this idea, it's really good.
I oppose it on account of the bulk of any of the armies being civilians. Hersir, miles, druzhinnik, ceorls, bueskytters, thegns and rus archers are citizens either pressed into service, meeting their obligations or having volunteered for the armies. Berserkr would probably mainly be citizens as well. Huscarls are standing force-members and the leader classes and conroi are of various degrees of nobility. A male Anglo-Saxon villager of the right age would most probably serve in the army as one of the existing classes anyway. And they'd bring their own shield and spear and family-owned helmet with them, so I can't really see straw-hated clubmen working on the battle field. :razz:

To win as raiders simply ignore the guys at the port, run straight past them then after a bit everyone turn around and fight them you'll stand a better chance, also don't fight guys who jump onto the boat @ harbour.

I like the defender faction idea though, maybe make call it "Villagers"? Or "Saxon Villagers" so the soldiers are just Saxons, then make a Vikingr Village one etc. - shouldn't be too hard, they'd be the same as the current ones just with the villager option.

Æthelwulf said:
Can you imagine the team stacking? I can see it now and it's not a pretty sight.

Is why we have Auto Balance!

Either that or have respawn for the raiders with respawn with a limited amount of lives for defenders?

Back
Top Bottom