Native Completed Kitten's Team Inspiration Tournament (K-TIT)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kitten-mew! said:
I've added NomNom to the Free Agents section in the team information post. If you would like to be placed there, please send me a PM or post in this thread!

I am weighing the pros and cons of starting my own team, so I may be there only temporarily.

Blacktide and Ash, you're both added to the free agents list. Kind of surprised to see a POM member there, though!

Hmm, I don't know how you Americans feel about this but personally, I think 1500 gold is too high.

It messes with the faction balance and allows for too many tanks, nerfing factions without piercing weapons. Then again, it's a different game over there, what with fastest combat speed and whatnot. Just my 2 pennies, anyway :razz:.

Oh and I don't know but as I'm an EU player, it might be useful to include my ping on american servers, next to my name on the free agents list. (100-110)

captain lust said:
Hmm, I don't know how you Americans feel about this but personally, I think 1500 gold is too high.

It messes with the faction balance and allows for too many tanks, nerfing factions without piercing weapons. Then again, it's a different game over there, what with fastest combat speed and whatnot. Just my 2 pennies, anyway :razz:.

Oh and I don't know but as I'm an EU player, it might be useful to include my ping on american servers, next to my name on the free agents list. (100-110)
Most major US servers have 1500 starting gold now, so it's kinda what I've gotten used to

Master Unicorn said:
captain lust said:

Most major US servers have 1500 starting gold now, so it's kinda what I've gotten used to
I actually find that 1500 gold is more balanced. you still can't get great armor right away unless you sacrifice you weapon and shield quality. Also, cav can actually afford a hunter and decent weapons.

There's a US player named African who does extremely well with 130+ ping in Central POM.

Addressing the gold issue: When discussing this, I found it difficult to have a happy medium. I considered leaving it up to the teams (much like servers, where you can pick your own speed and location!), but in the end I just decided to standardize it at the US 1500 + 500. While this tournament is open to everyone, I primarily had NA players in mind (as we have a smaller and less active community), so I wanted to do something that I knew would be most familiar to them. As a great deal of traffic goes through USA_Central_POM and GK_Siege, where that amount of gold is the standard, I chose that level.

Personally, I think that 1500 might be just fine. If one team wins, say, two or three in a row with 1000 + 100, then they're far more liable to have incredible equipment while their opponents still have to make do with the 1000 limit. 1500 keeps a team in the game and ready to make a comeback at all times. I actually played on a few Medium servers with a smaller limit of gold (including EU servers! <3) and noticed that a team could occasionally be struggling just to buy decent armor while their opponents increased their dominance round after round with armor-laden juggernauts.

In the future, when we have a clearer idea of the numbers involved and how many people like X and Y and so on and so forth, I may decide to open different sections. Fastest and Medium could be split into two different tournaments, for example! Fortinbras had some fantastic ideas about leagues, but let's not count our chickens before they hatch~<3

The minimum for each team is 7. All matches are played with 7 players and you have 1-2 substitutes if you managed to find yourself on a team with 9 players.

So let's say 7 vs. 7 on Ruins, one team wins, blah blah blah.

Both teams have two extra players, so both teams are allowed fiddle with their lineup before the second match begins. I'll put you up in the team section right now! <3 Great to see our first entry!

It'd merely be interesting to play fer' srs with another team and see how they work. By the way, looking for NA teams only please.

Ash Tre said:
It'd merely be interesting to play fer' srs with another team and see how they work. By the way, looking for NA teams only please.

Yeah, but Constantine is such a great combat-leader and you have a plethora of good players in POM. :razz: I'd totally go for the security of working with people I know! ...if, y'know, I wasn't running the tournament with Verily. Q.Q

Master Unicorn, I've removed you from the free agents list. Thanks for coming up with a team so quickly and your sponsorship! :smile: I really appreciate the activity you're bringing to this tournament.

Kitten, you may add Balion_War_Room to the list of sponsoring servers.  We are centrally located in TX so offer great ping to East and West.  In addition we are running on updated servers with SSD's and have had great performance from it so far.

We look forward to meeting every teams needs for a host server for matches and/or practices.
Contacts: Mad Dawg

Fantastic! <3 I can't wait to see when Balion puts up a team. They'll be strong competitors indeed with Mr.X, FlamingMonkey, yourself, and the like in it!

I'll ask Verily to make one. <3 If Verily refuses (on account of mailing me sandwiches through the snail mail again...) then I'd be glad to find some of the talented artists in our community for fancy banners and fancier manners!

N.A.A.S will be participating, although not with all its intercontinental members haha.
More information upon clarification from others =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom