Prophesy of Pendor 4.0

Users who are viewing this thread

saxondragon

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Hello everyone,

First, thank you for your support and love of this very interesting project that has been growing every month since November 2008.  It has been your posts, PM's, and overall positive feedback that has fueled us to do what we have done to create this offering.

I am pleased to announce that Prophesy of Pendor 4.0 is moving forward.  I wanted to give everyone some insight on what is happening.

The next version of this collaborative effort will mark a significant change.  The setting will be some 20-25 years AFTER the unification of Pendor, where the "King/Queen" of Pendor in an alliance with the Noldor, sends an invasion force south to the lands of the old Empire to defeat the abomination known as the Snake Goddess once and for all.

There will be a new map, new factions, new and old spawns, children of the companions you have come to love and hate, new companions, new knighthood orders, and twists and turns that will both surprise and entertain. 

We are combining the many developers, artists and coders who have contributed to this effort so far with a classroom of game design students to bring forth a conclusion to this long saga.

Stay tuned for more stories, detailed histories, artwork, concept work, and status updates.

---------------------------------------------
Some very good questions which I will address:

Who is doing this work?
The existing current Development Team with the assistance of a college class of young game design students whom I teach.  It is a distributed, international collaborative effort consisting of roughly a dozen active development members, and a college class of about another dozen students.  We are distributing the information found in some recently received documents regarding Pendor.  This will be revealed in the next story update.

What will change?
The story will advance, the factions will change, new knighthood orders, the map will be different, the goals will be slightly different.  You will start the game poor and need to build up.  Your initial choices will dictate how Pendor had been unified and will determine many other factors on what types of troops are "in play" for this alternate reality.

*New* 2-9-11
The victory conditions will change.  We are implementing new concepts around how the player can win the game.. by destroying the Snake Sect Faction AND any major or minor factions that come under the influence (control), of the Snake Sect.  The Snake Goddess is an evil seductress who can order her armies to war, or she can influence the mind and hearts of those that oppose her to yield to her desires.  As the surviving prince/princess shipwrecked an unknown continent full of dangers, with a mission to bring down the strongest empire since the old Baccus Empire fell to civil war, the task will test the courage and resolve of even the most heroic. 

What new features are being looked at?
Very few.  The thrust of this offering is to advance the story, give new enemies to fight, new companions to explore and new situations to experience.

Are we looking for input?
Unfortunately no.  We are on a fairly strict timetable to get everything done we need to get done. 

Where are we now?
We are in the process of creating the new factions, and hotly debating the merits of the scenario and what faction works, which concepts do not work, and how to synergistically blend  the scores of concepts and ideas into a form that is realistic to execute upon.

Best Regards,

Saxondragon

Wow, is this happening for real? :razz:

Awesome news, good luck, and thanks for all PoP mods :grin:

Looking forward to see the next release come up , i am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :twisted: :twisted:
Saxondragon keep up the good work with your team and goodluck .  :mrgreen:

Hmm but what if there has not been unification of pendor, no king/queen or treaties with noldor and the things just are as they are, simply put can i still play the old pendor even after i download this in some far distant future?

Why shouldn´t you?
Just copy it in a different module folder.
You can even run .808 MnB with the LotR mod on it, if you please. All you need to do is keep several installs of the different versions. Same goes for the mods - if you download PoP 1.21 somewhere or still have it at your pc you´ll be able to play it.

It´s a new mod and has nothing to do with Pop 3.2. Just like 2.05 has nothing to do with PoP 3.x.

ahh so this is different pendor mod, i thought it was immeadeat continuation (bad english here) to pendor now and that would be lost for ever

Faegrin said:
Nokrahs said:
thanks for the great news! can't wait to explore the "new old lands" again  :cool:

I think, we have to wait at least one year, or even two.

doubt it...

so basically there will be PoP 3.x for the reunification of peldor and PoP 4 for the expansion of the unified kingdom. so who will the player represent in PoP 4? the King?

Ok I think It's time to pull out my personal Masuka to express my feelings  :mrgreen:

masuka4.gif

This is great news indeed. I'm looking forward to what this next chapter will look like (and the stories by SaxonDragon that go with it).

MIHAI said:
Faegrin said:
Nokrahs said:
thanks for the great news! can't wait to explore the "new old lands" again  :cool:

I think, we have to wait at least one year, or even two.

doubt it...

so basically there will be PoP 3.x for the reunification of peldor and PoP 4 for the expansion of the unified kingdom. so who will the player represent in PoP 4? the King?

The player represents the son/daughter of the King who united Pendor...  The initial player choices will represent how that unification took place.

The development cycle is months, not years.  Each cycle so far except for the first was roghly 5-7 months.

Best regards,

Saxondragon

saxondragon said:
The player represents the son/daughter of the King who united Pendor...  The initial player choices will represent how that unification took place.

The development cycle is months, not years.  Each cycle so far except for the first was roghly 5-7 months.

Best regards,

Saxondragon

Nice, i already have a son of the King) Just gotta wait for 7 months)

Back
Top Bottom