Girls and Boys in M&B

Should people be able to customize their character.

• Yes

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • No

Votes: 41 59.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

While its true, anatomically, boys are more physically capable than girls.
However, this is a videogame.

So If someone wants to play as Helga, the 7ft tall bovine Betty, let them

And if someone wants to play as Quentin the Cake Decorator , then let them

The Devs have far greater concerns, and if they were to add something to Warband, I highly doubt it would be as trivial and unnecessary as gender differences.

That's just stupid and sexist, it's true that boys on average are physically stronger that doesnt mean that any boy is stronger or have more potential than every girl so there is no reason to make all male characters stronger than every female character on the game.
It's just as stupid as saying that characters with black or darker skin should run faster.

narref said:
That's just stupid and sexist, it's true that boys on average are physically stronger that doesnt mean that any boy is stronger or have more potential than every girl so there is no reason to make all male characters stronger than every female character on the game.
It's just as stupid as saying that characters with black or darker skin should run faster.

:mrgreen:

I find it annoying enough that other games and media have predetermined niches for male and female characters. I'd like for M&B to stay clear of such a pointless addition.

AceBorgia said:
I find it annoying enough that other games and media have predetermined niches for male and female characters. I'd like for M&B to stay clear of such a pointless addition.

+1

Not that I am some big Feminist (hate them), but the athletic differences are very minimal, and not worth implementing in the game.

Coy said:
Not that I am some big Feminist (hate them), but the athletic differences are very minimal, and not worth implementing in the game.

I'm sorry, but are we living in the same universe? Athletic events are divided into male and female categories for a reason, and it's not inappropriate touching. :???:

Night Ninja said:
Coy said:

I'm sorry, but are we living in the same universe? Athletic events are divided into male and female categories for a reason, and it's not inappropriate touching. :???:
She is wrong in the fact that the Athletic differences are minimal but she is right about it not worth implemting.

Bolkonsky said:
I'd like to see women play American football with a bunch of linebackers.

Athletically, not physically. Athletically women and men of equal build (ie: ones in the game) would theoretically be able to do close to the same things. Running, swinging a sword, etc. The suggestion was to give women a boost to speed and men a boost to strength. I have seen many men faster than me, and I have seen many women stronger than me. I am simply saying that a generalization such as the OP suggested would not add anything realistic or interesting to the game because it would be inherently flawed.

Coy said:
women and men of equal build
they don't have equal builds, at least very few of them.  that's what makes the averages so different.  our bodies literally have different chemical compositions, that makes muscle building easier for me than it is for you.

Coy said:
Bolkonsky said:

Athletically, not physically. Athletically women and men of equal build (ie: ones in the game) would theoretically be able to do close to the same things. Running, swinging a sword, etc. The suggestion was to give women a boost to speed and men a boost to strength. I have seen many men faster than me, and I have seen many women stronger than me. I am simply saying that a generalization such as the OP suggested would not add anything realistic or interesting to the game because it would be inherently flawed.
nicely said :grin:

Berethorn said:
Coy said:
Bolkonsky said:

nicely said :grin:
internet%20white%20knight.gif

LOL

Back on the topic, it's true that on average girls are weaker than boys but that's (in great mesure) a social aspect of our worl, this is a medieval fighting game so we're not talking of average boys or girls but of strong and trained ones where the differences are much smaller.
If that's not enough also take in account that there are far much more men than girls in the game so that means that the girl fighters here are just supposed to be the "elite" of the girls,  the ones with more potential.

narref said:
LOL

Back on the topic, it's true that on average girls are weaker than boys but that's (in great mesure) a social aspect of our worl, this is a medieval fighting game so we're not talking of average boys or girls but of strong and trained ones where the differences are much smaller.
If that's not enough also take in account that there are far much more men than girls in the game so that means that the girl fighters here are just supposed to be the "elite" of the girls,  the ones with more potential.
i totally agree, if guys can fight in a war so can girls!
(i am not kissing your ass like i do with Coy :grin:)

narref said:
LOL

That is precisely what I was trying to say narref. It is not an average person that you are playing, it is someone who is trained to do they things they do.

pickled_heretic said:
I loled

Back
Top Bottom