SP Native [WB] Polished Buildings Ported! (RELEASED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, I have taken the time to graciously port Gutekfiutek's Polished Buildings to Warband.

Instructions: Just extract into your modules directory!

Nothing is modified from the original version, so you can check out the details and screenshots there.

Also, some towns are not changed, so they will still have the native props. This doesn't mean the mod is broken!
The scene props are in there correctly.
I may attempt to add in the scenes sometime soon, but I have to go.

Credits:
Everything was done by Gutek, I have simply ported his wonderful work.
Thank him for the work, he's a wonderful artist!

DOWNLOAD!

Instructions: Just extract into your modules directory!

Nice work there! I just tested it and all seems fine, except one or two problems, I don't know if it's only on my end or if everyone's having them. Praven is a bit... underground towards the center of town and so is... Uxkhal if I recall correctly, but it's less problematic. The rest of the swadian towns and the vaegir ones are ok. I could try reinstalling if that would fix it or maybe change versions, I'm running 1.134. Congratulations on your work!

I think that's Gutek's fault. He replaced some scene objects with really nice looking ones, but I don't think he went through the scenes and edited them to make them look better or make sure there weren't clipping issues.

Great, I'm just needing this. Thanks for porting.

EDIT: Hmm. This is puzzling me a bit. I'm working on putting the polished buildings into another mod (stealing from this one), but I'm running into some problems.

I copied over all the Resource brfs that were in Polished buildings mod, as well as the textures. Then I went into module.ini to copy over the load_resource lines, but I only found three, at the very bottom:

load_mod_resource = gutek_textures
load_mod_resource = gutek_materials
load_mod_resource = gutek_houses

And this is what's messing with me: first, not even all gutek brfs are loaded in module.ini. But what's more, none of the other modified Native resource brfs are in there either.

I was expecting to find the load_resource lines (for guteks modified Native brfs) changed to load_module_resource, since that's what you do to over-ride Native brfs. Including new lines for the additional gutek brfs.

I must be doing something wrong, because it does work as-downloaded. Are there other files I need to copy over?

Look in the other thread.

Also, Llew, download the original, as it had module system codes included, as well as all the right BRF's and stuff.
This is mostly for noobs who don't know the module system.

How can I fix the bad terrains at some towns?

PD: Some screens of the good towns:

2013030200005.jpg

2013030200004.jpg

2013030200003.jpg

2013030200002.jpg

2013030200006.jpg

2013030200001.jpg

You need to copy terrain codes of these scenes from 1.011 MS to Warband MS, i forgot from which file (maybe module_scenes or something like this, it was long time ago). It was tested by me and work, but 1.011 (and PB of course) have no alley scene (used only? at first quest), so alley will be like original one at WB.

Maybe will be usefull for someone. gutekfiutek's Polished Buildings for Warband 1.158 (without terrain problems). There are  two folders at the archive - Native with PB and Native with PB+PL (+gutekfiutek's Polished Landscapes with Delzaros fixes). Py files also included. Link -

Google Drive

P.S. Alleys scenes (starting quest) - from Native, because original mod was without these scenes.

Back
Top Bottom