Native Completed KoA US Dueling Tournament

Should the next tournament be Medium or Fastest speed?

• Fastest

Votes: 27 54.0%
  • Medium

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Faster (A middle ground perhaps??)

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The great and all powerful Zeus shall enter this game and make you all beg, but begging won't be good enough, Zeus will make you get down in the dirt and lick his boots, then and only then will he allow you to die. Lighting bolts shooting from fingertips scorching the earth. mwhahahaha. 

Eh, I'm in. I'll ask if another TKC wants in. I wish Verily or Ruthven would enter, but they probably don't want to. ;_;

rhade train me kplzthx

hai zeus i will give u the bzness with 5% off

;_; please don't hurt me I bruise easily like an overripe bananananananananana

I'm just having fun trash talking. Jon is better than me. Rhade too. Maybe I'll get lucky. Saves thunder and lighting for battle.

peers said:
I'm in.. Unless tyrian wants a spot; I'll fight him for it and probably lose.

KoA_Frantic_Fighter said:
I'll sign up depending on the time :cool: even though I'm not good at duels :oops:

Kitten-mew! said:
Eh, I'm in. I'll ask if another TKC wants in. I wish Verily or Ruthven would enter, but they probably don't want to. ;_;

rhade train me kplzthx

hai zeus i will give u the bzness with 5% off

;_; please don't hurt me I bruise easily like an overripe bananananananananana

rgodfrey said:
I'm just having fun trash talking. Jon is better than me. Rhade too. Maybe I'll get lucky. Saves thunder and lighting for battle.

Ok ill sign you guys up  :wink:

This thing will not start until after the new year

And as far as a bracket system I guess we'll use what Fort did unless anyone has suggestions ?  :wink:

Double elimination seems fine. I doubt there will be enough people (given the size of the Warband community and the restrictions applied) to form pools which in turn will make brackets. If you do have enough, use this format:

Pools with an amount of people determined by the overall size of the players that signed up. Fat players need not apply. For an example, let's use four people for a pool. With four people you have a round-robin style system where each duelist is faced off against the other three in their pool. Overall scores are tallied like so:

Player 1 scored 7-3, 7-5, 7-2.

Player 1 will have an overall score of 21-10.

Player 2 scored 3-7, 5-7, 2-7.

Player 2 will have an overall score of 10-21.

Assuming player 1 and player 2 are in the opposite sides of the pool (where the top two pass on and the bottom two are eliminated), player 1 will make it out of pools and player 2 will be eliminated (while still having a fair amount of playtime for having signed up!) or be placed in the loser's bracket (where a chance to advance still awaits). This creates a bracket where only the best players will make it out of their pools, making for a high level of competition in the winner's bracket.

Once the brackets are formed, the winner's bracket progresses normally with duelist-against-duelist eliminating each other. Once knocked out, a duelist in the top bracket can be sent to the bottom bracket for a second chance at making it to the finals. If the population was large enough, you could even hold secondary pools where eliminated players from the first round of pools can fight for the extra bottom bracket slots.

Just a thought, probably already thought of/how it's done, but it'd be interesting~

Miaou~! :3

I thought peers or Tyrian was going to sign up? Then again, I have no doubt you won't have problems scheduling your stuff. =P Lookin' forward to this, now!

...does this mean you won't train your competition? Q.Q

Kitten-mew! said:
I thought peers or Tyrian was going to sign up? Then again, I have no doubt you won't have problems scheduling your stuff. =P Lookin' forward to this, now!

...does this mean you won't train your competition? Q.Q

idk, we really have no way of communicating as PEERS never gets on vent anymore and Tyrian never had a mic to begin with, it definitely puts a handicap on my ability to say for sure who's going to be where.

Regardless, I'd like to enter two bks slots. Exactly who's filling them isn't decided yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom