Elder Scrolls 5:Skyrim

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blackreach is huge. Done. Jhessail probably plays Terraria which has about as much mechanics as a paper cup. I believe this thread is about discussing Skyrim not bashing it.

RoastedToast said:
Blackreach is huge. Done. Jhessail probably plays Terraria which has about as much mechanics as a paper cup. I believe this thread is about discussing Skyrim not bashing it.
And there are a lot of other dungeons that easly take more than an hour to explore completely.

RoastedToast said:

Criticism is part of discussion. :razz:

Most of Jhessail's points are perfectly valid, though I still think the game is enjoyable with all of its imperfections and still a mile ahead of many of the other big releases of recent years. Besides, ain't nothing a healthy dose of modding can't fix.

Jhessail said:
Manual? Are you some sort of super-nerd-geek-freak who reads manuals? TRUE MEN don't read manuals, they are for pussies.

In any case, I've tried the game now enough to give judgement. My mage is level 19, so I can safely say that Skyrim is pretty ****, even if it's better than Oblivion. Which isn't much of a praise, since Oblivion was so horrible but at least it shows that Todd Howard can realize when he has hit rock bottom and aim upwards.

Laughably tiny dungeons, ridiculous AI, dumbed down game mechanics - these are just the pinnacle of my griefs with this game. Most likely no-one gives a **** at this point, but in the case that someone actually does, I can write a full review.

TELL US WHAT YOU THINK AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR UPON THESE FOUL, LOATHSOME DREGS!

Who else is going to make Silver Swords improveable? I will also make myself a nice little hut. I hope the CK will be more simple to use than the previous editing tools. I expect Bethesda will do a good job.

RoastedToast said:
You just go ahead and play Call of Duty then.

Lol, son. You get back to me be when you you have reached the final boss in DOOM2 in Ultraviolence. Or when you've finished both Might & Magic 6, Ultima 7 and Pool of Darkness.

Wolfhead said:
Two words for all the haters. Nehrim sequel.
Nehrim was a barely acceptable improvement on Oblivion. Nehrim sequel won't rock my world. Suck it up.

RoastedToast said:

I have no idea what Terraria is. If it's as "challenging" as Skyrim, there's no reason for me to waste my time with it.

BigBoss said:
Jhessail said:
Laughably tiny dungeons,
Level 19 you say, right? I am 99% sure you haven't explored even half of them.
Uh-huh. I've explored enough to realize that 99% of them are copy&paste ****-jobs of each other. Just like in Oblivion. Copy/pasting nearly endless amount of insanely linear, tiny dungeons, does not a proper RPG make.

BigBoss said:
RoastedToast said:
And there are a lot of other dungeons that easly take more than an hour to explore completely.
I'm sorry, "BigBoss", are you compensating for something by the way? I'm not here to judge the size of your penis, by the way, it takes all kinds. I'm sure there's a tiny little 8-year old girl who will feel very fulfilled after being rammed by your "manhood of epic strength".

In any case, if you take an hour to solve any dungeon in Skyrim, you're a borderline retarded case and should be hospitalized for the sake of general society. As it's painfully obvious that you cannot function in general society. Skyrim dungeons are disappointingly linear, simple and short when compared to any proper dungeon (Daggerfall, Ultima Underworlds, any P&P D&D module).

Moss said:
Most of Jhessail's points are perfectly valid, though I still think the game is enjoyable with all of its imperfections and still a mile ahead of many of the other big releases of recent years. Besides, ain't nothing a healthy dose of modding can't fix.
Aye, it's much better than Oblivion on release and the overenthusiastic modders have already fixed many of the glaring errors (fast travel, quest compass, enemy radar, etc). I have a feeling that this time modders can actually fix the game, so that in a year or two, Skyrim will reach true RPG status.

Meanwhile, anime fake-sex fans can enjoy the TOP 100 mods available in SkyrimNexus, allowing them to run around with perpetually erect penises and **** horses. Because sexual deviancy is the number one identifying aspect of The Elder Scrolls fanhood.

RoastedToast said:
Who else is going to make Silver Swords improveable? I will also make myself a nice little hut. I hope the CK will be more simple to use than the previous editing tools. I expect Bethesda will do a good job.
Why are you not playing Sims? Since it's obvious you don't want to play an RPG, you want to play a "let's play dollhouse" game, ie Sims. And yeah sure, Bethesda will do a good job. They ****ed over Fallout, they ****ed over their own lore in Oblivion, they ****ed over their own gameplay mechanics already in Morrowind and now Skyrim is a barely tolerable middle-of-the-road compromise between ****tastic Oblivion and ****-but-okay-on-a-bad-day-Morrowind. Go swallow a flaming sword, ****face. People like you are the reason that my favourite genre has declined so bad that I can barely recognize it any more. Go suck off David Gaider, maybe he'll write a happy little alien romance for you, since fantasy wish-fulfilment is the probably the only way you can jerk off the tiny little **** that you haven't seen in years under all the fat layers hiding it from your eyes. And this is not official TaleWorlds opinion of you.

Since when did TW transform into Baby's First Little Forum, where idiotic newbies are guided by hand to experience, but only in moderation, the evil side of the Internet?

RoastedToast said:
^I'm pretty sure this is bashing. What does this have to do with Skyrim?
You made silly, idiotic claims. I replied. I'm not responsible for your shrivelled nuts. It's a disgusting world out there. Better hide in your room so that no-one will ever annoy or distress you, hero.

Please take this to PMs. I know that this is a public forum, but people are here to discuss Skyrim civilly. Something like this does no credit for those who have posted here previously and takes away from the conversation at hand. I know I may be new here, but I ask that we calm this down and settle it privately.

Iridetheshortbuss said:
Jhessail said:
Manual? Are you some sort of super-nerd-geek-freak who reads manuals? TRUE MEN don't read manuals, they are for pussies.

In any case, I've tried the game now enough to give judgement. My mage is level 19, so I can safely say that Skyrim is pretty ****, even if it's better than Oblivion. Which isn't much of a praise, since Oblivion was so horrible but at least it shows that Todd Howard can realize when he has hit rock bottom and aim upwards.

Laughably tiny dungeons, ridiculous AI, dumbed down game mechanics - these are just the pinnacle of my griefs with this game. Most likely no-one gives a **** at this point, but in the case that someone actually does, I can write a full review.

TELL US WHAT YOU THINK AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR UPON THESE FOUL, LOATHSOME DREGS!

Let me sleep a few hours and sober up, I'll write it up then.

Has anyone here tried Skyedit or the other player-made editing tools and if so are they any good?

Jhessail said:
BigBoss said:
Jhessail said:
Laughably tiny dungeons,
Level 19 you say, right? I am 99% sure you haven't explored even half of them.
Uh-huh. I've explored enough to realize that 99% of them are copy&paste ****-jobs of each other. Just like in Oblivion. Copy/pasting nearly endless amount of insanely linear, tiny dungeons, does not a proper RPG make.

BigBoss said:
RoastedToast said:
I'm sorry, "BigBoss", are you compensating for something by the way? I'm not here to judge the size of your penis, by the way, it takes all kinds. I'm sure there's a tiny little 8-year old girl who will feel very fulfilled after being rammed by your "manhood of epic strength".

In any case, if you take an hour to solve any dungeon in Skyrim, you're a borderline retarded case and should be hospitalized for the sake of general society. As it's painfully obvious that you cannot function in general society. Skyrim dungeons are disappointingly linear, simple and short when compared to any proper dungeon (Daggerfall, Ultima Underworlds, any P&P D&D module).
Yes, not just a woman, but on her period :lol:

Make your own RPG game then.

I like how you put words in my mouth. Never said "solve" but "explore" (As in look for random loot and stuff in the ground).

Aaaaaanyways, ontopic:
I started another playthrough as a "spellsword" I still can't decide if I should stick to the robes or put on some light armor, as I get killed in nearly 3 hits x_x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom