Nobles (Heraldry Registry) - reopened

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOVICIUS

Master Knight
One big mess which one day I will bring back to order:
There are 128 banners in Native. If you remember the fact that in medieval times more than one family used the same banner at the same time then you will came to conclusion: it is more than plenty for nobles of this comunity.
THE LIST OF BANNERS - from which you can to choose from..or choose your own design. Please post img of banner in [ANNOUNCEMENT] Player heraldry to make sure that your banner is included in the mod by Laszlo:
There you will find banner of House de Mon, House of Pieta and The House of White Lion
mb15-1-1-3.jpg

There is House of Bluvard:
mb9-1.jpg

There is House of Wrath
mb8-2.jpg

There is House of Hengisoth
mb6-1-1.jpg

There is House of Jenkins
mb11-1-1.jpg

mb4-1.jpg

mb10-1.jpg

lordkramukrequest3.png
BORGIA

ARCHIVE: This is idea at the beginning of development so please excuse me for editing. I wanted to put it on before somebody else will do it...If somebody done it allready in THIS forum please let me know as soon as possible...

This is not another guild or clan.

Why not? Nobles could fight against each other. They do not have to support each other in fight or war.

Why then?

Nobles is a class with specific way of RolePlaying. It is way of developing your character based on honor codex, fame, respect and the most importand: consistency.

Noble would support each other as class not as side of political conflict.
Noble would deffend other nobles in public discussion
Noble would listen to other noble first in any kind of argument
Noble would believe other noble (in his side of story)
Noble would not allowed other noble to go to prison without order of higher rank noble (King,Duke,Count) and without process in which accused noble have opportunity to present his deffence.
Noble would speak for other noble

Noble relation with other(lower) classes would be his own decision as long the other(lower) classes interest is not in conflict with other nobles PRECIESLY

Ultimate Goals: Real medieval experience when every noble man was known by his family story, his coat of arms, his fame...
                      Real Persistant World
                      Real Heritage (consistency)

What you have to do to become noble?

Simple:
to become known as one, to act like one, to look like one

Specific:
- only 3 classes available: Civilian, Mounted man at arms, Dismounted man at arms
- all other classes are forbidden: if you noble character will be ever seen playing other class you have to have very good reason (RP) to explain your self but there is no guaranteed you will be trusted. In the best scenario you will loose your status.
- distinctive name of the character: titles are not necessary as well as there are can not guaranty that your char will be respected (good example: Azrayel will be always Lady Azrayel to me; bad example: if you call yourself "sir Idiot" you will never ever be seen as noble but, most likely, you will be seen as idiot)
- consistency - yours character allways has to RolePlay as noble
"consistency - yours character allways has to RolePlay as noble" - this need explanation...the easiest by example: since I start to play I have used a lot of different characters: Novicius, Farmer of Death(FPW only),Tourist,Patrician,Annalist...and many more. Each one of them was created for purpose (Tourist was one to make some screenshots and check the map for example when Annalist was to collect other players game stories). My main character is sir Red de Mon... I have never played this char as brigand... sir Red de Mon will be always civilian or knight of Red Faction. If you ever see sir Red de Mon who use other class...it will not be me...please report that to admin as character stealing crime.

EXTANDED EXPLENATIONS (posted after Splintert question..some times ago)

1.Nobles would rather support other noble than peasant. Why? To avoid rebelion. All nobles were beneficial from class system and all nobles understand this is system of oppression which is forced on rather than accepted by lower classes. Peasants rebellion happend more often than people think as this system was really bad for them. Only the biggest peasants rebelion were recorded as it was nobles who sponsored story telling...
Point: nobles would always support other noble in case of conflict with lower class member(commoner)

2.From the same reason as point 1.: noble would always refuse to support claim in court (public discussion) made by commoner against other noble
Point: nobles would always support other noble in case of conflict with lower class member(commoner)

3.From the same reason as point 1 and 2.:noble would rather support what other noble would say as he would not even listen what commoner have got to say

4.From the same reason as in points:1.2.3. no comments just straight to the...

I hope that in this way I make my point clear enough and more specific than just saying:"Noble would support each other as class not as side of political conflict."

Lets move on to good or bad issue...

"It is way of developing your character based on:
honor codex" - based on class system: so you take word of other noble as true but you believe that whatever commoner have to say it would be a lie. Example(in game):
commoner say: "this noble robe me, taxed me and killed my friend who refuse to pay tax",
noble deffend him self: "nice weather today, how are you noble friend",
noble who judge:" very nice weather in did.I am allright. Is that peasant trouble you my noble friend?"
("bad")noble: "he should be hang for speaking up",
("good")noble: I would just ignore him. He is just a peasant after all"

, "fame" - basically pride and arrogance...nothing "good" about it

, "respect " - based on class system - noble respect other nobles even they are his enemies. How? Many ways...so many it is hard to bring one example...but.."sir Red de Mon would stop fight with noble if he would ask sir Red for it. He( sir Red) would never try to kill other noble just because it would be opportunity for it. If sir Red is asked to fight duel without shield  sir Red will drop shield. If some noble would ask sir Red to wait and protect 40K until other noble will come back sir Red would wait until other noble would come back.
- other side: sir Red would kill brigand if he would have advantage...sir Red would not listen and would not trust to whatever brigand,peasant,TW,soldier have to say...sir Red would not stop fighting because some commoner ask him to do so...

This is big difference what you do not get it fully Splintert. You missed one thing in my thread:
"Nobles could fight against each other. They do not have to support each other in fight or war. " What nobles have to do is: support own class and be arrogant with relations to lower classes.

If you are good or bad is down to you but you can not be as noble too good to peasant...Other nobles can start to think that you have something common with him...Why would you in other way be nice to the slave?

There is nothing GOOD about nobles if you look at them from commoner point of view...but point of view dippend on from which side you see it... :roll:

Comment: I do not expect a lot of comments. Being noble is unique... and it should stay that way.

TO BE CONTINUED...
---------------------------------

Registry :

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mb13o.jpg
House of Benbow
noble members:
- Andras Benbow

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                     

BluvardBanner-1.png
House of Bluvard
noble members:
- Masonic Architect Varik Bluvard the First
- Templar Knight Varik Bluvard the Second
- Sir Varik Bluvard the Third (current generation)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

houseofblackhill.png
House of Blackhill
Noble Members:
- Lord Antonius of Blackhill
- Lady Clarissa
- Michael
- Lord Harold

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bannerszb.jpg
House de Fenwick
noble members:
- Robert De Fenwick

gxyr-l.png
Gawyn House
noble members:
- Lady Aegileif
  Black Hawk

mb11-2.jpg
House of Jenkins
noble members:
- Sir Leroy of Jenkins House
    The King

mb15-1-1-1.jpg
House de Mon

noble members:
- NOVICIUS (legendary old man, possibly Progenitor)
- sir Red de Mon

Other famous knight using this coat of arms:
- Sir Jones McIndiaburg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mb15-1-1-2.jpg
House of Pieta

noble members:

- Roderick of Brebbanburgh,"Lord of Westenholt"(started the House)
  *Cessaly of Nurnburg, doughter of Baron Sigmund
      ________I_______________________________________________________
      I                                                  I                                                        I                                                                               

Conrad the First                              Conrad II                                        Conrad III
  "1st Duke of the West March"          "2nd Duke of the West March"            marchant
  *Nataliya Slavskii
    doughter of Andrei Slavskii
          ____I_____________________________
          I                                                        I
  Cassander I                                      Conrad the Fourth
    "king's heir"                                              ?
                                                        N.N."Lord of Westenholt, Count, Duke of the West March, and Grand Duke of Podolia" 
                                                                    ?
                                                          Conrad the Fith
                                                            "Lord of Westenholt, Count, Duke of the West March, and Grand Duke of Podolia"
          _________________________________I______
          I                                                                            I
- Conrad the Sixth                                    Cassander II "Prince"             
    Grand Duke of Podolia

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tidwell.png
House of Tidwell
the House of Tidwell serves under the House of the White Lion.

noble members
-Richard the 4th of Tidwell
-Leofrick the Bishop
-Tirok of Tidwell
-Hadrian of Tidwell

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mb15-4.jpg
The White Lion House
noble members:
            Jezebel (diseased)
            Azrayel (current generation)

Note: Azrayel has a son, however for various political reasons is keeping him secret (he should come around whenever my map's done).
[/quote]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

mb8-1-1.jpg
House of Wrath

noble members:
- Draco Wrath I (Deceased)
- Draco Wrath II (Current Generation)
    Templar Master

Splintert said:
nobility is someting that is earned, in my opinion. I play a civilian noble some times
precisely :grin:

Splinter
You should develop new character as that one well known from Hall of Fame is not only not noble but also in straight opposition to nobles

If you play as Splintert "a civilian noble some times" you may start to think about developing this particular "civilian noble" character to earn his nobility in the way which will be as well obvious to others as by them respected

I created and was a main part of a big dynasty so Rose/venus will be nobles

redworah said:
I created and was a main part of a big dynasty so Rose/venus will be nobles

agree...could you post all dynasty(tree),coat of arms and a little story to remind all of us what was all about and is it still is...Which character can be met in game always as noble figure from this family as  the main thing is : consistency

I do recognise Lady Venus as noble woman

Suspicous Pilgrim said:
My name is Czar, so I'm above you all.
Could you tell us a little more about it. Czar sound very unknown. Is it coming from polish Car(Latin.Caesar,Eng.Tsar) meaning: emperor in Russia, Bulgaria and Serbia ?

A lot of those was commoners. Could you tell us more about your family?
"to become known as one, to act like one, to look like one"

Why most certainly novicious i have several documents and a tree showing legitimacy right here!.http://www.royaltypw.webs.com/. Also here is the story of Queen Rose and how the order of the rose was formed! http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,143762.0.html. And our dynastic symbol is http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ea/Lancashire_rose.svg.I think this is one of the largest and most official dynasties ingame. I love to keep a consistent yet exciting roleplay adventure!

Very impressive  :grin:

I will soon will make list (Yes. I like lists :roll:) which will include all known nobles in PW world. The list will be combine with Hall of Fame. It would be extremely helpfull if all noble members of your family would find time to place theirs character profiles in there. "Coat of Arms" list will be all about noble families so your example of one is very encouraging. I wish to add emblems, colors and other exclusive signs to each noble family (like warcry for example) profile in the "Coat of Arms" list.

Forgive me if it will take more time than I would want to complete the list. Many resarches has to be done, many enquires closed...

Duke Edward is also in Hall of Fame as the great banker and succesor to the dynasty although venus may also be successor but that issue shall be solved later.

redworah said:
Why most certainly novicious i have several documents and a tree showing legitimacy right here!.http://www.royaltypw.webs.com/

Wait, I thought Venus was a duchess... why is she listed as a duke.

NOVICIUS said:

I will soon will make list (Yes. I like lists :roll:) which will include all known nobles in PW world. The list will be combine with Hall of Fame. It would be extremely helpfull if all noble members of your family would find time to place theirs character profiles in there. "Coat of Arms" list will be all about noble families so your example of one is very encouraging. I wish to add emblems, colors and other exclusive signs to each noble family (like warcry for example) profile in the "Coat of Arms" list.

Forgive me if it will take more time than I would want to complete the list. Many resarches has to be done, many enquires closed...

I think the main problem with the consistency element is that while the longer known PWMOD players such as the RCC members, yourself, redworah, Jazora, etc. are erecting guilds and permanent characters, a lot of people do not know of use because they are either a) infrequent RP'ers or prefer new RP each time, b) are new, c) just don't care and would prefer to fight.

Varik Bluvard, my Masonic nobleman, is my permanent character, acting as a member of the Masonic cult (the builders of New Zendar on VoS) and the co-CEO of the banking system of New Zendar (Metal & Co. Bank). Such "accomplishments" would be said to make me a well respected person within the streets of New Zendar, but often I must first announce myself to other players before they take care to notice that I am indeed a mason/co-banker.

While this list is beneficial to the long term RP'ers that have been around for a while I think there will be the constant problem of having to explain yourself to "peasants" who should already know about you.

artifex said:
redworah said:
Why most certainly novicious i have several documents and a tree showing legitimacy right here!.http://www.royaltypw.webs.com/

Wait, I thought Venus was a duchess... why is she listed as a duke.

NOVICIUS said:

I think the main problem with the consistency element is that while the longer known PWMOD players such as the RCC members, yourself, redworah, Jazora, etc. are erecting guilds and permanent characters, a lot of people do not know of use because they are either a) infrequent RP'ers or prefer new RP each time, b) are new, c) just don't care and would prefer to fight.

Varik Bluvard, my Masonic nobleman, is my permanent character, acting as a member of the Masonic cult (the builders of New Zendar on VoS) and the co-CEO of the banking system of New Zendar (Metal & Co. Bank). Such "accomplishments" would be said to make me a well respected person within the streets of New Zendar, but often I must first announce myself to other players before they take care to notice that I am indeed a mason/co-banker.

While this list is beneficial to the long term RP'ers that have been around for a while I think there will be the constant problem of having to explain yourself to "peasants" who should already know about you.

precisely.

Skrowza the man who made the server has crappy grammar and called her a duke haha.

It will be investigated :grin: but it very often happend in medieval time that some annalist/scribe make a mistake while copying books as it was hand writing. Nothing to worry about.

" I think there will be the constant problem of having to explain yourself to "peasants" who should already know about you."

Nobles are elite. They can just ignore "peasants" as they will take the most of joy from the fact that they know each other. That was allways great to me when ever I played. If I saw Leroy, Azrayel, Lord Grifindor and "holly trio of RCC" I knew that it will be good fun to play. I am sorry I do not remember others so much but this is what I am talking about. I would love to have all good players listed (Hall of Fame) as well as all persistent nobles characters (Coat of Arms - list). Great news is that Laszlo has plan to bring heraldic to the game. It will help a lot: It is quite possible to have two red knights on server with similar armor...it is still possible to have two red knights with similar armor and ginger hair (no helmet)...But if you would see red knight with ginger hair and red dragon on shield it would be 90% chance that you just see sir Red de Mon coming towards you:wink: 

Haha, hey bloodreaver since you are pretty much mother of the dyansty you should ask to be put in hall of fame. Bloodreaver is rp mother of rose although she passed power down rp wise and now Rose is high queen.

Hall of Fame is open to anybody who can create and develop his character. Hall of fame is about who your character may become not who he is at the moment. There is also place for character famous allready as you can easily check by your selves...Hall of Fame

I will add direct links of characters from Hall of Fame to Nobles Thread so this two lists will be connected and full of information which should make you famous beyond imagination :wink:

redworah said:
Duke Edward is also in Hall of Fame as the great banker and succesor to the dynasty although venus may also be successor but that issue shall be solved later.

"Duke Edward RP as many different things" [from: Duke Edward- profile] - until Duke Edward do not decide to play as noble ONLY and choose other character for "different things" he can not be fully accepted as noble. However it does not mean I do not believe in his royal connection. He is just one of this "nobles" who sometimes forget where they coming from...amnesia maybe?

NOVICIUS said:
This is idea at the beginning of development so please excuse me for editing. I wanted to put it on before somebody else will do it...If somebody done it allready in THIS forum please let me know as soon as possible...

This is not another guild or clan.

Why not? Nobles could fight against each other. They do not have to support each other in fight or war.

Why then?

Nobles is a class with specific way of RolePlaying. It is way of developing your character based on honor codex, fame, respect and the most importand: consistency.

Noble would support each other as class not as side of political conflict.
Noble would deffend other nobles in public discussion
Noble would listen to other noble first in any kind of argument
Noble would believe other noble (in his side of story)
Noble would not allowed other noble to go to prison without order of higher rank noble (King,Duke,Count) and without process in which accused noble have opportunity to present his deffence.
Noble would speak for other noble

Noble relation with other(lower) classes would be his own decision as long the other(lower) classes interest is not in conflict with other nobles

Ultimate Goals: Real medieval experience when every noble man was known by his family story, his coat of arms, his fame...
                      Real Persistant World
                      Real Heritage (consistency)

What you have to do to become noble?

Simple:
to become known as one, to act like one, to look like one

Specific:
- only 3 classes available: Civilian, Mounted man at arms, Dismounted man at arms
- all other classes are forbidden: if you noble character will be ever seen playing other class you have to have very good reason (RP) to explain your self but there is no guaranteed you will be trusted. In the best scenario you will loose your status.
- distinctive name of the character: titles are not necessary as well as there are can not guaranty that your char will be respected (good example: Azrayel will be always Lady Azrayel to me; bad example: if you call yourself "sir Idiot" you will never ever be seen as noble but, most likely, you will be seen as idiot)
- consistency - yours character allways has to RolePlay as noble
"consistency - yours character allways has to RolePlay as noble" - this need explanation...the easiest by example: since I start to play I have used a lot of different characters: Novicius, Farmer of Death(FPW only),Tourist,Patrician,Annalist...and many more. Each one of them was created for purpose (Tourist was one to make some screenshots and check the map for example when Annalist was to collect other players game stories). My main character is sir Red de Mon... I have never played this char as brigand... sir Red de Mon will be always civilian or knight of Red Faction. If you ever see sir Red de Mon who use other class...it will not be me...please report that to admin as character stealing crime.

Comment: I do not expect a lot of comments. Being noble is unique... and it should stay that way.

TO BE CONTINUED...

this is all lies - nobles were polititicans aka scumbags. They cheat, fight, don't pay taxes, bicker, fight (did i already say that?), cause wars, hurt the peasant, and more. 'Nobles' were not good people.

A new Noble has arrived from the Sarranid Sultante - Ala' Hakem (translation - noble ruler/ excellent governor)

Born in the Sarranid Sultante during the khergit invasion, Ala' Hakem is born of war. Ever since he was a small boy, he learned to fight and only to fight. He fights by his father, Abdul-Nasser (translation - servant of the victorious one) until in a siege on Halmar he is wounded in the leg by a barbed arrow. Months later after his recovery, the war against Khergits is declared over surprisingly at a stalemate. The Sarranid Sultante has been looking to expand its empire towards the Valley of Swamps, and sent Ala' Hakem first as a pawn. Ala' Hakem is deeply enraged by this fact, and swears vengence on the Sarranids. Soon after, he is again shot with a barbed arrow during a siege on New Zendar. After his recovery, he finds that more and more Sarranid persons are visiting the Valley. This gives him an opportunity: ally with the nobles of the Valley to strike back at the Sarranids, re-join the Sarranid army under an alias so he can help them to capture New Zendar, or create his own faction to (hopefully) destroy both! (this is where the backstory of my char drops off, and is up to my PWMOD sessions to decide).

He will ALWAYS play as a Civilian wearing the gold male clothes, brown leather boots, and carries an Elite Scimitar. Rarely does he fight himself, but is capable of defending himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom