Minecraft: Mountain Blade SMP server [closed]

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, but I'm talking about all the incidents where you raped the **** out of friendly, small factions who tried to stay out of world business. If you put as great effort in destroying someone, like, say, Seamen, I would appreciate it a lot more.

Crotch Pope said:
theory: senilo is actually 3 people. that's the only way to explain the otherwise contradictory and hypocritical things he says

But he make good music.

Yeah. Relevance OVER 9000!

Look all weve got to to is find a way to stop people being dicks to newcommers, Fix PVP in the server (My way would be to remove peaceful and building factions as they serve no purpose), and convince admins to play aswell as it'd be different and fun.

long story short - Peaceful....GTFO!

That essentially makes it a 110% PVP server. Bases will be small holes in the ground and you'll be fighting in caves or on bare fields instead of castles or other amazing player made vistas. Different indeed...

Remove peacefuls, let factions take care of themselves, forge alliances to defend more building oriented people and Seamen should stop being so PVP obsessed.
My two cents.

theEstonian said:
Remove peacefuls, let factions take care of themselves, forge alliances to defend more building oriented people and Seamen should stop being so PVP obsessed.
My two cents.
I'm with you on the removing of P factions and the rest but all these extremitys about us being PVP obsessed? isnt everyone seeing as its the only thing to do.

Plus look at all the players in centralia and colosseum for instance, imagine the fighting and factions from them :grin:

Dixey455 said:
Look all weve got to to is find a way to stop people being dicks to newcommers, Fix PVP in the server (My way would be to remove peaceful and >>building<< factions as they serve no purpose), and convince admins to play aswell as it'd be different and fun.

long story short - Peaceful....GTFO!
oh sad. you want me out :sad:
btw. all roads paved. and please replant trees by the road after cutting them down.

also - anyone has any really good mob spawner design? I need it for my PvPvE arena. Available space is:
-four 15x15, ~15-20 high boxes, need to move all mobs into 3x3 hole in the middle
-one ~30x~30. ~15-20 high octagon, with 4x4 hole in the middle.
-48x48 ~50 high space underground, would require mobevator to transport mobs into arena.

Here you can see available space: middle level: four yellow 15x15; upper level: whole tower.

Dixey455 said:
theEstonian said:
My two cents.
isnt everyone seeing as its the only thing to do.
facepalm.jpg

Well everyone's seeing you guys are retarded for sure.

Maybe we all think you're PVP obsessed because you really damn are?

Dixey455 said:
Fix PVP in the server (My way would be to remove peaceful and building factions as they serve no purpose)

You even keep saying it! "Remove the peacefuls and builders" that only leaves the ****ing PVP'ers. Stop contradicting yourself first. Also, do you think the colosseum and Centralia spawned from thin air?

I agree with KoS's idea. However, I simply think peaceful status is best reserved for people who truly play little on the server and would rather spend that time on building something instead of getting killed or griefed. I have no hostile feelings towards the current peacefuls though.

Well, how it was before, everyone was able to fight, even the builders, but the builders chose not to and were protected by a mutual agreement. That being said, Taleworlds was much more present in the server back then. I agree with the idea of builders getting an advantage in fighting, and being protected from cannoning, but not like it is now. Now only the PvP'ers and other non-builders are left to fight with eachother, and the fighting becomes bland/pointless.

Instead of everyone running to the admins for protection, builders should either A) Join a faction who will help and protect him, or B) Recruit help to protect himself. If every builder get peaceful status, it's no different from SP where their only dangers are AI mobs. Reserve the peaceful status for people who need it.

I haven't gone peaceful and I still managed to build what I wanted, though I failed only because I didn't care to enlist aid. And I bloody enjoyed it, the true sense of SMP.

P.S: I don't wage a complete hate campaign against peacefuls like some on the server, but I do believe you should stop hiding behind skirts, it's no damn fun that way.

Amagic said:
Maybe we all think you're PVP obsessed because you really damn are?

Dixey455 said:
Fix PVP in the server (My way would be to remove peaceful and building factions as they serve no purpose)

You even keep saying it! "Remove the peacefuls and builders" that only leaves the ******** PVP'ers. Stop contradicting yourself first. Also, do you think the colosseum and Centralia spawned from thin air?

I agree with KoS's idea. However, I simply think peaceful status is best reserved for people who truly play little on the server and would rather spend that time on building something instead of getting killed or griefed. I have no hostile feelings towards the current peacefuls though.
Well maybe we dont ahve tog et rid of them all but theres too many, would you rather have a build server or a PVP server??

Amagic said:
Instead of everyone running to the admins for protection, builders should either A) Join a faction who will help and protect him, or B) Recruit help to protect himself. If every builder get peaceful status, it's no different from SP where their only dangers are AI mobs. Reserve the peaceful status for people who need it.

I haven't gone peaceful and I still managed to build what I wanted, though I failed only because I didn't care to enlist aid. And I bloody enjoyed it, the true sense of SMP.

P.S: I don't wage a complete hate campaign against peacefuls like some on the server, but I do believe you should stop hiding behind skirts, it's no damn fun that way.
Dont give them that much of an advanteage, we can still cannon just give them a few more power, besides with no cannonig how are we supposed to get loot from them?

By getting their power level down, you know like the way of late, seeing as everything is obsidian.

So from what I gather, there still aren't enough people on the server to keep the PvP focused people happy. Further, when new people have shown up, they've been killed and hounded mercilessly as soon as they join, so that they naturally have no interest in staying on the server.
The PvP focused players also feel that the peaceful factions should have their peaceful status removed and be forced to defend their territory, even though presumably the peaceful players / builders are peaceful because they're not currently interested in PvP in the first place. This change would therefore also drive off the players who aren't that interested in PvP since they would also then have no interest in staying on the server, thus accomplishing nothing positive.

Is that about right?

Further, IA/Impendin has decided to withdraw his recent donation to the server, due as he says to not wanting to support players who are immediately killing any new players who join the server.
Based on that, funding for the server is technically back to eating into my wallet as of earlier this month.

Part of the problem is definitely on me, I just haven't had time lately to devote to improving or even much keeping up with the moderation and general handling of the server.

So... is it just time to call it quits, or are there still players interested in playing on the server and actually willing to donate to keep it running? If people are still interested in playing and donating the cost of keeping the server running, I will keep it running, but I'm wondering whether it's really worth it the way things currently stand.

Back
Top Bottom