[Europe 1805] Bug Reports

Users who are viewing this thread

Berthout

Knight
This is the bug report topic for Europe 1805 - War of the Third Coalition.
For questions about and debating of the mod go here.

Work in Progress
-Secondary weapon capabilities for muskets.
-The faction check for which troops you can recruit from the warrant officer/Major/... in towns.
-Map icons for towns and castles
-New music
-Flags for the factions menu
-Dialogues Done

Known Bugs
-Recruitment from the warrant officer doesn't work in castles.
-Scenes.
* Barracks scene: Passage is to high in the air + needs barrier so player can't run through passage, fighters get stuck in the fence. FIXED
* Castle scene: AI mesh needed + wrong passages FIXED
* All town scenes with 19th century houses + villages need their entry points fixed. FIXED
-Louis XVIII quest is broken (again) FIXED
-Pebbles texture is mixed up FIXED

Bugs in previous versions
Known Bugs
-The town guards spawn wrongly in the cathedral scene when you're caught while sneaking into the city. Fixed
-The message which pops up when a country joins/leaves the coalition/French allies shows the current date instead of the name of the country. Fixed
-Move the wurtemberg cavalry helmet a bit forward (the model) Fixed (same for the austrian helmets)
-The scenes for castles and villages are messed up sometimes. Fixed
-The troop composition in some castles is messed up. Fixed
-Town positions in scandinavia are off Fixed
-RGL ERROR: Unable to find keppel mesh Fixed
-Some muskets are oversized. Fixed
-The Louis XVIII quest is broken. Fixed
-Top Hat lod is to small Fixed
-Not enough normal lances in shops Fixed
-Militiamen don't have a melee weapon Fixed
-Faction relations are to extreme Fixed
-Recruitment from the warrant officer doesn't work in castles.
-The scene of Athens is quite messed up, the entire town is hovering in mid-air. Fixed
-Uhlan uniform shows neck when riding a horse.Fixed
-Ground texture bug Fixed

Berthout said:
This is the bug report topic for Europe 1805 - War of the Third Coalition.
For questions about and debating of the mod go here.

Work in Progress
-Secondary weapon capabilities for muskets with bayonets isn't working yet. For the time being you should buy a "broken musket" to use as melee musket.
-The faction check for recruiting troops from the warrant officer/Major/... in towns isn't finished, at the moment you can buy troops from all factions instead of just your own faction.
-The map icons for towns and castles aren't added yet.
-I'm still working on the new music

Known Bugs
-The town guards spawn wrongly in the cathedral scene when you're caught while sneaking into the city.
-The message which pops up when a country joins/leaves the coalition/French allies shows the current date instead of the name of the country.

Balancing issues
WELL, you should finish the sant etienne thingie :razz: And move the wurtemberg cavalry helmet a bit forward (the model)

Quintillius said:
Ofcourse! I didn't know that spawn points 25&26&27&28 are linked to soldats when sneaking in a city. I tested it and it works perfect.

Great!
Can you also check it for th other scenes you made?

Just had a quick play through, the reloading animation for some of the muskets is too quick (when the musket goes down to pull out the ramrod it goes back up before he has finished replacing the ramrod), the French towns a and castles nearby England are bunched closely together, and Berlin is in the wrong place( its mean't to be in east Germany but is currently placed in the west).

Also one one of the muskets (the long one i can't remember the name) his firing hand is not where the trigger is so it looks a bit weird.

other than those i quite enjoyed it.

EDIT: I just found out that in the factions area Sweden and Frances flags seems to have swapped with each other and britains has been swapped with prussia's.

EDIT2: The name of the musket that looks weird to hold is the 1777 charleville.

Great works so far guys!
But exept for some swedish towns and cities missing scenes they are all placed wrong on the map, not a big problem but i have made a picture with the right location(but a real map has more accuracy)
sweden%20errors.png

Also according to maps from that time period Denmark did not have any territories in pommerania during that time and stralsund should belong too sweden. I noticed it when looking on this map: http://www.emersonkent.com/map_archive/central_europe_1805.htm

TheJohan said:
Great works so far guys!
But exept for some swedish towns and cities missing scenes they are all placed wrong on the map, not a big problem but i have made a picture with the right location(but a real map has more accuracy)
sweden%20errors.png

Also according to maps from that time period Denmark did not have any territories in pommerania during that time and stralsund should belong too sweden. I noticed it when looking on this map: http://www.emersonkent.com/map_archive/central_europe_1805.htm

I'll make sure to fix it.

Quintillius said:
More bugs:

- There are no men  in towns =P.
- The pope don't wear my kippah  :mad:
- Top hat have to be replaced by new one.

he has it but lords never wear hats in castles..

shadowarcher said:
Just had a quick play through, the reloading animation for some of the muskets is too quick (when the musket goes down to pull out the ramrod it goes back up before he has finished replacing the ramrod),

I know.. I've tried to fix it many times but somehow I can't change it. I'll have a look into it again.

the French towns a and castles nearby England are bunched closely together,
Good point, the positioning of many towns is a bit of/not totally balanced. I'm constantly making improvements but it is a tedious job so it takes time.

and Berlin is in the wrong place( its mean't to be in east Germany but is currently placed in the west).

No it isn't. It's exactly nord of dresden, just like in real life.

EDIT: I just found out that in the factions area Sweden and Frances flags seems to have swapped with each other and britains has been swapped with prussia's.
Oops, forgot to do those.

and Berlin is in the wrong place( its mean't to be in east Germany but is currently placed in the west).

No it isn't. It's exactly nord of dresden, just like in real life.

berlin-map.gif

you placed it near the netherlands. here is a screenshot of where you placed it:
ehhy6g.jpg

see its on the west side of germany but its supposed to be on the east side.

It might be because I'm tired but I really don't see the problem. Berlin isn't next to the Netherlands at all. You have the whole Hannover area (under french occupation in 1805) in between.

I'm sorry and i don't mean to be offensive i know you put a lot of hard work into this for free and i appreciate that, but i took history and geography as a GCSE and i got a C in both of them (lucky or what), and i can tell you that Berlin is in the wrong place it wouldn't kill you to correct this while you are spacing out the French towns and castles.

Back
Top Bottom