[Europe 1805] Bug Reports

Users who are viewing this thread

It is harder to use with the formations. Plus it is also hard to implement formations into the module system which i being implemented at the moment. In fact, two different formation kits are being implemented.

Berthout gave us the mod without formation kit. And yes, that's ***. Let's start a coalition against Berthout =P instead of Bjorne.

Other lords do have cavalry. I saw them.

Opposing forces are still randomly attacking? (when I am defending)

I am happy as well with the musket accuracy =D! I shoot people with difficult 7.5 (A). (but I have a white flying_missile)

Coalition? against me? Hey!! What have I done, except being an intollerant arse?

anyway. I have a slight geographical thing I wanna note here. On the campaign map is the city "Lund" placed where the city "Malmö" should be. Which would make sense also, since Malmö is waaay bigger than Lund. Lund is a quite small student city, me sister lives there, cheers.

And that Lund/Malmö would be bigger than Göteborg is quite absurd aswell. Göteborg means "**** Castle" basicly, so making it a castle instead of Lund/Malmö would be the right thing todo.
Also, I think that the small small location called Mora should be included to, if it's not already. Since it plays a big part in swedish history. That is where the "värmlänningarna" raced after King Vasa to join in his campaign to break sweden free from the scandinavian alliance. It's quite silly, when you think about it. You see, he first asked them to join him, and they turned him down cause he was a nobody. Then he left on his skies and they changed their minds, so they chased him to tell him that.

But I can only get one picture in my head.

Värmlänningarna: Vasa! We changed our minds!
Vasa: No, go away! You hurt my feelings!

Such is the course of swedish history...

There's a bug. When a country joins the coalition. A message pops up saying "August 16, 1805 Has joined the coalition"
It should be "August 16, 1805 <insert faction here> Has joined the coalition"

The mighty Berthout said:
Known Bugs
-The town guards spawn wrongly in the cathedral scene when you're caught while sneaking into the city. Fixed
-The message which pops up when a country joins/leaves the coalition/French allies shows the current date instead of the name of the country.
-Move the wurtemberg cavalry helmet a bit forward (the model) Fixed (same for the austrian helmets)

no it should be:

"August 16, 1805. {c5} -- has joined the Coalition"

Quintillius said:
Now, read 'the replies =P

Hehe, you need to keep an eye on us xD.

Now, serious talk; Nice history. Could you maybe explain more? Maybe I will include more graphical thingies in version 2, because there are so many Swedish people here =D.
I allways have my eyes on you. Remember, "Baby brother sees you".
Ps. I replied.

Anyway. I'm not much of a historian. But if I recall correctly, did this happen around 1600's. Cause it was about here sometime the war started against Denmark. You see, Scandinavia was one big union at one time. A powerful one as well. The king was selected by the nobles, and the king could have any nationality within the union. However, the current king was a dane, a bloodthirsty dane. And this dane (King Fredrik) slew every noble to prevent rebelling. He slew everyone but one. A nutcase that was at the time stuck down in germany (he was captured I think), and this nutcase, this nobody, came back after a while and didn't like the current king at all. So he travelled around Sweden trying to find men. King Fredrik did not take this nutcase, aka Vasa, seriously. Everyone turned Vasa down, until the "värmlänningarna" from Mora changed their minds. So Vasa and his soldiers marched towards Stockholm. Reached Stockholm and surprisingly took it without any major struggle. That's because King Fredrik and his army was further south at the time. But this did Vasa of course refuse to accept, he was so sure it was his great leadership that gave him victory.

When he then crowned himself king and declared Sweden (Svea Rike which later got called Sverige) independent from the union, did he take the chance to remove the election system when it came to crowning kings. He instead started a royal heritage, where your son took over after you and his son after him.  etc. etc.

At this time however, were Sweden smaller than Sicily is now. Then it grew of course and got to about where it is today. Then in 1800, 200years later, did Sweden finally get a new king that didn't come from the heritage of Vasa (at least so I think), and this king was one of Napoleons generals, Jean-Babstie Bernadotte. Funny enough though, Bernadotte had a tattoo on his chest stating "Death to the king", since he was in the french revolution. However, it become somewhat of a hypocritism once he became king himself.
Anyway, since Finland was basically lost to the Russians after Karl XI and Karl XII, did Bernadotte realize that they should focus to the west. So Sweden invaded Norway, which was Danish soil at that moment. Hard fighting led to Swedish victory but to great cost. Bernadotte died in action, by being hit by a cannon ball.
After the danes were pushed out from Norway did a slight missunderstanding appear. The norwiegans thought that the swedes came to rescue them, and make them a nation again. However, Sweden had no plans what so ever to declare norway independent. But Sweden could not afford further fighting, especially not when Bernadotte was dead. So they signed a union contract. Making Norway independent but under the rules of the Swedish crown. (I know, how independent is that?).

Then some year I can't remember, but on the 17th of May, was Norway declared fully independent and that's what they celebrate today; Sjyttonde Maj. (I might have spelled that wrong).

That's it for today, I'll see you all tomorrow. And don't forget your home assignment: bring 5 dead frenchmen to class!

izaktj said:

I was clear  :mrgreen:.
----------------------------------------------
Bjorne:

Hahahahaha, I really enjoyed your story. I love history! And I think you should go study for teacher =D. In the same time (1600s), Holland was declared independant of Spain. =) I really will take a look at Vasa and the Napoleonic time in Sweden. 
Especially your joke at the end  :razz:. Believe me or not, but I'm doing my homework always =D!!

Quintillius said:
Bjorne:

Hahahahaha, I really enjoyed your story. I love history! And I think you should go study for teacher =D. In the same time (1600s), Holland was declared independant of Spain. =) I really will take a look at Vasa and the Napoleonic time in Sweden. 
Especially your joke at the end  :razz:. Believe me or not, but I'm doing my homework always =D!!
Well the napoleonic era mostly consisted of the war in norway and being assbanged by the russians, for us swedes xD

EDIT:
Quintillius said:
That's right. Everyone MUST see my cathedral =P.
Guess why it's in every trailer for this mod? xD

bjorne. said:
no it should be:

"August 16, 1805. {c5} -- has joined the Coalition"

Quintillius said:
Now, read 'the replies =P

Hehe, you need to keep an eye on us xD.

Now, serious talk; Nice history. Could you maybe explain more? Maybe I will include more graphical thingies in version 2, because there are so many Swedish people here =D.
I allways have my eyes on you. Remember, "Baby brother sees you".
Ps. I replied.

Anyway. I'm not much of a historian. But if I recall correctly, did this happen around 1600's. Cause it was about here sometime the war started against Denmark. You see, Scandinavia was one big union at one time. A powerful one as well. The king was selected by the nobles, and the king could have any nationality within the union. However, the current king was a dane, a bloodthirsty dane. And this dane (King Fredrik) slew every noble to prevent rebelling. He slew everyone but one. A nutcase that was at the time stuck down in germany (he was captured I think), and this nutcase, this nobody, came back after a while and didn't like the current king at all. So he travelled around Sweden trying to find men. King Fredrik did not take this nutcase, aka Vasa, seriously. Everyone turned Vasa down, until the "värmlänningarna" from Mora changed their minds. So Vasa and his soldiers marched towards Stockholm. Reached Stockholm and surprisingly took it without any major struggle. That's because King Fredrik and his army was further south at the time. But this did Vasa of course refuse to accept, he was so sure it was his great leadership that gave him victory.

When he then crowned himself king and declared Sweden (Svea Rike which later got called Sverige) independent from the union, did he take the chance to remove the election system when it came to crowning kings. He instead started a royal heritage, where your son took over after you and his son after him.  etc. etc.

At this time however, were Sweden smaller than Sicily is now. Then it grew of course and got to about where it is today. Then in 1800, 200years later, did Sweden finally get a new king that didn't come from the heritage of Vasa (at least so I think), and this king was one of Napoleons generals, Jean-Babstie Bernadotte. Funny enough though, Bernadotte had a tattoo on his chest stating "Death to the king", since he was in the french revolution. However, it become somewhat of a hypocritism once he became king himself.
Anyway, since Finland was basically lost to the Russians after Karl XI and Karl XII, did Bernadotte realize that they should focus to the west. So Sweden invaded Norway, which was Danish soil at that moment. Hard fighting led to Swedish victory but to great cost. Bernadotte died in action, by being hit by a cannon ball.
After the danes were pushed out from Norway did a slight missunderstanding appear. The norwiegans thought that the swedes came to rescue them, and make them a nation again. However, Sweden had no plans what so ever to declare norway independent. But Sweden could not afford further fighting, especially not when Bernadotte was dead. So they signed a union contract. Making Norway independent but under the rules of the Swedish crown. (I know, how independent is that?).

Then some year I can't remember, but on the 17th of May, was Norway declared fully independent and that's what they celebrate today; Sjyttonde Maj. (I might have spelled that wrong).

That's it for today, I'll see you all tomorrow. And don't forget your home assignment: bring 5 dead frenchmen to class!

What are you talking about?  :lol:

He died 1844 out of high age.

No he did not.

*google-ing it*
Processing.
Processing..
Processing...

oh -beep- you xD
Who was the bastard that died in Norway then? God you see what happends when you focus on foreign history? I'm just gonna go hide in a closet somewhere.... please bring me pie.

GOOGLE:

. The Duke of Montebello. He fought at the Battles of Ulm and Austerlitz as Commander of the V Corps of the Grand Army. At the beginning of 1807, he took ill and had to relinquish his command of the V Corps. He was awarded the Grand Cross of the Order of St Henery of Saxony. By early summer he had recovered enough to take command of the Reserve Corps of the Grand Army, and fought at the Battles of Danzig, Heilsberg and Friedland. In 1809, at Aspern-Essling, he was wounded by a cannon ball and later died from his wound:

though this wasn't in Norway. I suppose alot of commanders died from cannon balls, artillery quite commonly fired upon generals and their staff.

bjorne. said:
though this wasn't in Norway. I suppose alot of commanders died from cannon balls, artillery quite commonly fired upon generals and their staff.

The one who died in Norway was Karl XII. And killed by a cannonball was Sten Sture in the "Battle of Bogesund", but he was not a king though.

Btw found one texture bug:
mount%26blade%202010-11-27%2016-14-32-50.png

Back
Top Bottom