SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Birger Jarl said:
Wendek said:
I think there's a reason most fantasy warhammer games I've seen tend to focus on Khorne and Nurgle - easier to identify their main points and to have various units around it with sound gameplay. Slaanesh can have speed I guess but in a lot of games "speed instead of strength" often feels gimmicky and not super worth it, imo.
Tzeentch is certainly the hardest to represent in a game, especially one like M&B.

Tzeentch is easy. In WAR, Tzeentch was the patron god of The Raven Host (the Chaos faction). Tzeentch is just magic and manipulation - as long as your game has some kind of magic system, Tzeentch is no biggie.

Now Slaanesh, Slaanesh is the hardest because a lot of what makes him/her what he/she is is 18+ stuff. Dicks on stuff that shouldn't have them. Extra dicks for those who already have one by default. Sado-masochistic sex. Etc.  :mrgreen:

I meant more like how do you make a "troop tree" around Tzeentch, for any kind of game that has a lot of "clones" (i.e. RTS, Warband or even a RPG - you need mindless mooks as enemies after all).
Though I do agree there's the "midly suggestive" issue with Slaanesh, but then again the sexual stuff is mostly about the graphics, gameplay-wise you still need some stats for the troops in the end. Mordheim managed to put a Daemonette after all, who also happens to be the most dangerous Daemon in that game actually.

I tried to post a comment a good three hours and a half ago...but the "someone posted before you" message blocked it.

I woke up minutes ago from my face-in-the-studybook (literally) nap only to find myself trying to post it...but it said that in the meantime 30 new comments were posted.

*sad violin music*

polloio said:
I tried to post a comment a good three hours and a half ago...but the "someone posted before you" message blocked it.

I woke up minutes ago from my face-in-the-studybook (literally) nap only to find myself trying to post it...but it said that in the meantime 30 new comments were posted.

*sad violin music*
Come on , post it! :lol:

polloio said:

*sad violin music*

r3st in pproni m4t3

1 liek = 1 post being freed from "can't post because there's been new replies" slavery

FrijolitoJR said:
Birger Jarl said:
mcwiggum said:
Thrandy said:
Looking Warhammer games and mods. Help anyone? :sad:
How about you go for a walk instead?

Walk is cardio.

Cardio is for the weak.

Every day is upper body day.
When I was doing cardio for like 7 months I was every  day to tired to train my upper body , now I just train my upper body (sometimes)but i got 10 kg more  :lol: 60kg to 70kg...

Think im still the only guys that find gyms incredible booring. xD
prefer my old punching back.

Dankmar said:
FrijolitoJR said:
Birger Jarl said:
mcwiggum said:
Thrandy said:

Walk is cardio.

Cardio is for the weak.

When I was doing cardio for like 7 months I was every  day to tired to train my upper body , now I just train my upper body (sometimes)but i got 10 kg more  :lol: 60kg to 70kg...

I have everything at home , Sand Bag ,Weights ,e.t.c...
I go to run sometimes but I do it outside..  :lol:
Fresh air haha..

FrijolitoJR said:
Dankmar said:
FrijolitoJR said:
Birger Jarl said:
mcwiggum said:
Thrandy said:

Walk is cardio.

Cardio is for the weak.

I have everything at home , Sand Bag ,Weights ,e.t.c...
I go run sometimes and i do it outside  :lol: fresh air haha..

Im not realy into it anymore.. but damn i love your home. :grin:

Dankmar said:
FrijolitoJR said:
Birger Jarl said:
mcwiggum said:
Thrandy said:

Walk is cardio.

Cardio is for the weak.

The only thing I find boring is cardio. Treadmills and all that is incredibly dull. The only thing that is tolerable is the rowing machine, but that one aint that fun either.  :dead:

EDIT: I guess if you have one of those gyms with a TV on the wall or something it would be more tolerable. We aint got that sissy stuff though!  :lol:

.... sadly.  :cry:

Dorfus145 said:
Not all my models are like that it's just that I did some strange **** that ****ed up my uv map while trying to bake the textures, because I tried to keep everything together or I dunno, which made them all end up like that. But yeah I suppose I'll "try" doing what you said.

Oh btw, that's not the UV map it had when I showed it to you all, it's the one I made after traingulizing it. So yeah that's why it may be somewhat ****ed. I dunno if you checked the untriangulized one, if not just do alt + J in edit mode while selecting everything and then bake the texture doing a smart uv unwrap in a new blank image 1024x1024. There you should have the one I'm talking about which I dunno if it's ****ed anyways or not.

EDIT: Here, have this one, apparently it's triangulized and the texture's not like that this time, I dunno what ****ed it up like that last time, only that I know that this time the texture is triangulized and how I think it should look to be right. It may still be ****ed up but I dunno it looks like it's more ordered this time.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/iyucif

E2: And here's the texture (I'm dumb and forgot to upload a rar with the texture and the blender file so I'll just upload them separately):

https://www.sendspace.com/file/tle11s

Ok, so when I opened this Blender file from this post the 'active UV map' selected was 'Sword' rather than 'Swordbaked'.  Swordbaked looks like it would fit the texture from this post, but Sword wouldn't.

Are you maybe accidentally switching the active UV between rendering the texture and exporting the model? That's all I can think of.

metalmariolord said:
LoL at exercising. I stay at home and do fork-lifting.

Pfffff fork-lifting is for the peasants, I have hired persons to lift the fork for me and feed me :lol:

(Jokes apart, I've been doing sports for most of my life and I keep doing them, also I uses to go to gym too until it became too expensive for my desolate wallet)

polloio said:
metalmariolord said:

Pfffff fork-lifting is for the peasants, I have hired persons to lift the fork for me and feed me :lol:

(Jokes apart, I've been doing sports for most of my life and I keep doing them, also I uses to go to gym too until it became too expensive for my desolate wallet)
Orcs and Chaos are only for strong guys.

FrijolitoJR said:
polloio said:
metalmariolord said:

Orcs and Chaos are only for strong guys.

....and metalheads (especially the orginal 80's versions of Orcs and Chaos).

And while I'm not sure of being a strong guy I'm absolutely sure to be one of the latters :grin:

Hey I was looking at the "A Modest Proposal" article and I saw it said that the mod would be delayed 10 days from the prefixed time. Do we know the prefixed time, because I had originally thought it would be 10 days from the day the article was posted, meaning it would go out today. Obviously I'm anxious to play :grin: but no pressure, let it out when you guys think it's ready.

If the devs did mention the prefixed time can someone please tell me what it is?

ruledarkman said:
Hey I was looking at the "A Modest Proposal" article and I saw it said that the mod would be delayed 10 days from the prefixed time. Do we know the prefixed time, because I had originally thought it would be 10 days from the day the article was posted, meaning it would go out today. Obviously I'm anxious to play :grin: but no pressure, let it out when you guys think it's ready.

If the devs did mention the prefixed time can someone please tell me what it is?

no prefixed time, apart from that soon.tm
nameless said the following on moddb at feb 10

Nameless_Warrior
Creator
Nameless_Warrior Feb 10 2016

It seems quite a few people have misinterpreted the message. It has been clarified a few times but things get buried very quickly here. The 10 days is 10 days from when the testing issues are fixed, not from when the message was posted. Even if no had won the mod still would not be out.

We are close to fixing all the issues but not all of them are fixed yet. I have started to implement VC alongside to speed the process up but we must give attention to the issues we discovered during the big test week.

Edward_Cullen said:
ruledarkman said:

no prefixed time, apart from that soon.tm
nameless said the following on moddb at feb 10

Nameless_Warrior
Creator
Nameless_Warrior Feb 10 2016

It seems quite a few people have misinterpreted the message. It has been clarified a few times but things get buried very quickly here. The 10 days is 10 days from when the testing issues are fixed, not from when the message was posted. Even if no had won the mod still would not be out.

We are close to fixing all the issues but not all of them are fixed yet. I have started to implement VC alongside to speed the process up but we must give attention to the issues we discovered during the big test week.

Ah, thank you, that clears it up. Shame that it's gonna be at least another 10 days (probably more), but I just hope to play it before the end of February

Birger Jarl said:
Birger Jarl said:
mcwiggum said:
Thrandy said:
Walk is cardio.

Cardio is for the weak.

The only thing I find boring is cardio. Treadmills and all that is incredibly dull. The only thing that is tolerable is the rowing machine, but that one aint that fun either.  :dead:

EDIT: I guess if you have one of those gyms with a TV on the wall or something it would be more tolerable. We aint got that sissy stuff though!  :lol:

.... sadly.  :cry:

It's important to do some kind velocity and mobility training when you do weight lifting and work on power; otherwise you'll risk getting swollen muscles good only for lifting and too rigid to do much of anything else. Personally I regret having played volleyball for so long before starting with martial arts.
Volley is fun but only develops a part of the musculature, you can try to balance at the gym, but in the end it won't be enough  :sad: (unless of course you are a professional and have a lot of time to dedicate to it). I thought I had strong legs but when I started with Viet-vo-dao I realized how wrong I was... only some groups of my muscles were actually truly powerful and toned the rest was pretty weak in comparison. Besides because of this imbalance I lost quite a bit in the mobility department too and now I find myself with big pecs and quadriceps and have trouble with ample movements...
Luckily the situation has been improving slowly but steadily and I will always be grateful for training my abs so much (those are fundamental if you are a volley player and want your back to last past 25 YO  :lol:), but still I wish I had gone for martial arts from the start, when I was a kid  :neutral:

Back
Top Bottom