TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Gondor troops preview

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, mods which take place in a licenced worlds can't be considered for a sub-board, which is a bad thing. Maybe TLD
should get it's own forums after the release, unless you plan to dwell in MBX like this far?

Elfy said:
Great preview! I loved the rangers specially. Keep up the good work.

And TLD has right to make previews in separate topics by me. In other words **** you whiners.

Sorry if that's considered as insult...

Even implying that Slawomir "whines" would make me laugh like hell any day, really. His is a valid point, but perhaps he hasn't taken the copyright/trade mark/external forums issues under consideration, which, I must admit, I haven't done either before COG's post reminded me of it.

On the other hand is the fact that most of TLD's threads get clogged with spam, and there's a massive amount of screenshots and whatnot to present, too, and there was a limit of a post's length, if I recall correctly. So dividing progress reports in separate threads isn't such a bad idea after all - for readability's sake, if nothing else.

Regardless, thanks, Triglav, for the preview. News from TLD team are always appreciated.

Just amazing! soo much variety in different troops types.  :grin:
Gondor gonna be a very flexible faction

only Citadel Guards' shields look a bit awkward, too squarish, it'd prefer them to look more like legionnaires' shields, but this could be the angle of the screen

This must be heaven.

I must say Gondor looks way better then in the movies and obviously the variety when compared to the old TLD or the movies is just stunning. I just cant wait to form my  elite patrol made exclusively of Swan Knight, Guards of the Tower and some heavily armored  clansmen of Lamedon and run Mordor armies flat like a little, laughing steam-roller.

The least impressive of the preview are the feudal armies of Lossarnach, although I believe that their humble appearance has something to do with the fact that they are a bunch of rednecks, lore-wise.

Congratulations!

Cool, but knowing the rate at which you release previews there is still much to be done. Which wouldn't be bad if it was for Warband. But it's for original MaB and I supose people will espect a port right after.

Beregond said:
only Citadel Guards' shields look a bit awkward, too squarish, it'd prefer them to look more like legionnaires' shields, but this could be the angle of the screen

Quite, I found them rather odd as well. Any reasoning/lore for why you made them like that, or just using your imaginations?

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Quite, I found them rather odd as well. Any reasoning/lore for why you made them like that, or just using your imaginations?

Also in that they look well retro and ****, and since tower guards are also very ceremonial, they'd carry something ancient looking. As do Pelargirians.

Makes me wonder if AW still visits the forums every so often under an alias to see how people have improved his original baby!!! I truly do hope the bugger is not dead.

Dahvos said:
Makes me wonder if AW still visits the forums every so often under an alias to see how people have improved his original baby!!! I truly do hope the bugger is not dead.

I do hope too, but leaving without saying anything?

I'm on this forum very often.

Wait. AW still doesn't refer to me here. :razz: My bad.

But nah, seriously, I hope the chap hasn't run into big problems or something.

Do I see Polished Landscapes or you guys created your own landscape masterpiece?

You know, last thursday I had a heart attack, but I still wonder why I'm still alive. Now I'm sure that waiting for this mod and many of your previews make my heart still beating.

trueten said:
Do I see Polished Landscapes or you guys created your own landscape masterpiece?
Most of land textures and many plants are initially from PL, yes. Many models are optimized and polished even more + more models added. Flora generation is completely revamped too.
Full credit will be given to amazing gutekfiutek, and it was all done with his permission too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom