[M] Legend of the Red Axe [1.1 FINAL for v1.131]

Users who are viewing this thread

More of a statement. Still the server is abandoned.
Not sure why you felt so threatened by my mod that you posted here twice. But I take it as a huge compliment that you decided to troll my post over PW.

PW is a cool concept and based on total free play. My mod if you had bothered to even try it is based on either TDM or CTF with spawnable defensive props and a single item of great power. LotRA is based around team play with props that heal, give gold,  and curse total teams (not single players) in order to facilitate team play in either of the two game styles.

LotRA is approximately 1 month old and just left beta 2 weeks ago, not suprised by the low showing in the server. However I expect it to gain popularity. If it doesn't, not my loss, I had fun making it and still enjoy playing it with friends.

Thanks for the second and (this) bump. Now please troll elsewhere.

Mrr.Phil said:
More of a statement. Still the server is abandoned.

Men, I love this mod, and im sure lots of people do, so if it is PW based or not, who cares?!!!!?!?!?! just play, have fun, and dont troll people who want to enhance our gameplay.

PS: Im tired of playing it alone with bots. I think you should add a archer class, so i could get bot archers on towers.

I think you should add a archer class

Version 1.1 added archer bots, a percentage of the bots will be archer and also horseman now.

You will have to experement with the spawnable towers though since I was unable to ai mesh them due to their slightly random placement ability.

Players have the skills needed for archery already and you can find bows inside your stronghold near the sally doors. Ammo is available at many places on the map too.

Update: As of 12/02/2010 the server combat speed has been adjusted to fastest. This makes attacks much easier to time (especially against those mean bots).

realy nice mod!

its a pity thet the server is most times emty, but i played it with my brother today

could you change the weapon spawn points to non-random weapons like PW? it is sometimes a bit annoying if you what a spear but just get a sword ore a mace

realy nice mod!

its a pity thet the server is most times emty, but i played it with my brother today

could you change the weapon spawn points to non-random weapons like PW? it is sometimes a bit annoying if you what a spear but just get a sword ore a mace

Originally I had specific item chests but random one with ALL weapon choices possible fits the mod style a little better.. If you need a spear bring in some bots and kill enemy horsemen, many of them have lances you can loot for a pokey pokey stick.

I am working on a new mod that will be built around a single player goal. This will bring people in and keep them in game longer allowing others time to join in and open up the multiplayer aspects.
It will bring all the stuff I learned making LotRA and Barfight into play and should be a lot of fun to play alone or in teams.

This Mod Looks Promising im looking forward to play it, i can see it will grow big allready idk how manny players have tried it but im going to do it matter the popularity.

please dont blame me to be a necromancer, BUT

i somehow still like this mod, is there a chance that the development will go on?

and whats about the other mod Grendal-777 talked about?

I really enjoyed making and playing this mod but it never really caught on. It is no longer being developed.

My other M&B mod is "Barfight", I left it basically "finished" but I may go back and bring it up to current versions now that my son is 7 and loves M&B punchout with me. 

Lately I have been making mods for Tabletop Simulator under "Perry the Platypus" pseudonym.

Bear in mind if you have friends that want to play or you think would like this mod, it only takes a few minutes to download the 1.131 m&b installer from ftp site (url at first page of this thread), install to a mountandblade\1-131 folder, rename icon to 1-131MODS (or something) and drop the LotRa_1.1 or/and Barfight_1.1 mod into the modules folder. I was up and running today in around 10 minutes.

Someone will need to run a dedicated 1.131 server either locally or remotely. Just download the dedicated 1.131 server from the same ftp site (url at first page of this thread) and follow instructions inside its readme. You will need to cut/paste the server settings in the LotRA readme into your Server_Battle.txt file.

Back
Top Bottom