The Smokeshack

Users who are viewing this thread

Dryvus

Sufficiently Suffonsified
Archduke
wtx7rq.jpg

It's early in the afternoon, and you have nothing to do. 'I know! I'll head on over to the Drunk's Guild.' you say. So you put on your hat and down the board you go. But wait! While that sun is still shining, what better way to get your daily quota of procrastination than in the middle of a cloud of smoke you can't see your way out of? That's right, friends, the Smokeshack is open for business! There are papers aplenty and everyone is in the mood for another of your rambling, pointless stories!

Not that I'd condone such immature, low-class and generally crass activity, but I'm rather looking forward to this weekend. As they say in the vernacular: Booyah!

It begins.  I see a good futue of stories between the Drunk's Guild and the Smokeshack.

Surely, Dryvus, that is not the stash you spoke of?

I must admit to a certain arrogance pertaining this subject. I do not recognize most of the derivatees presented on the original photograph in this discussion.

kiarj said:
I must admit to a certain arrogance pertaining this subject. I do not recognize most of the derivatees presented on the original photograph in this discussion.
Well, let me try to enlighten you!

The dark, almost black shiny substances are what is called hash.  Concentrated THC that gets you quite high.  There appears to be some crumble hash... which is different from the glossy hash.  Crumble hash is solid and breaks apart, whereas the gooey, glossy hash is sticky.    The bag on the left of the photo, where the bowl of the long wooden pipe rest is full of what I am assuming to be kief.  Kief is cannabis that is grinded so it is mostly the trichromes, which contain THC.  Burns fast, but also gets you quite high.  All the green that is forming a circle is what we would "bud".  This is cannabis that is still on the stem.  Longer leaves have been trimmed off.  I believe the shriveled yellow/brown pieces in the right of the center are psychedelic mushrooms.  Not sure exactly what those yellow pills are, but I could guess.  The white and blue containers in the plastic bags look like bud containers and joint containers.  Various pipes and types of weed.

Well thanks! I only ever tried buds, in the pipe or rolled. Say, are the highs you get different or will taking, say, hash give the same kind of high as a joint, but faster?

They are different, but in my opinion it is subtle.  You feel it, for sure, though.  But after a while, at least for me... because I tend to smoke pot and hash together.. the highs meld into one. 

To further this illustrious thread, let me show you some of my glass:

DSC00349-1.jpg

Both of these, sadly, broke in the line of duty.  The smaller pipe on the bottom was the first piece I ever owned.  Named Evelyn.  My friend dropped her on the floor of a Starbucks while attempting to pull out his wallet.  The top one is the first bubbler (water filtration, kinda like a bong but the mechanics are different) I owned.  His name was Beaumont.

Just wondering how much does cannabis cost in your countries? Here in Aus it's 20$ a gram and I've heard that that's one of the most expensive prices in the world.

I live in California, and we have a pretty good pot market.  The vote to legalize, Proposition 19, is being voted on next month.  It is already decriminalized.

The medical marijuana clinics have varying prices depending on quality.  You can get a 7 dollar gram on the street, which won't be very good.  We call this the "shwags".  Often I see the clinics sell 1.4 grams for 20 dollars.  I've gotten prices from 10 to 20 dollars for a gram from street dealers.  An eight of an ounce will run you anywhere from 45 dollars to 60 dollars, again, depending on quality.

Finzi said:
Interesting. I smoke every now and then and a gram almost always goes for $20, no matter the quality. As far as I know there is no decriminilisation in my state, so there's no possibility of buying from clinics. You also get a huuuuge variation in quality depending who it's sourced from.
You edited out the fact that you also sell, why?  Yeah, street dealers tend to vary greatly.  Glad I haven't dealt with one in a long time.

Icy Fresh Werewolf said:
Amroth said:
The top one is the first bubbler (water filtration, kinda like a bong but the mechanics are different) I owned.  His name was Beaumont.
How'd he break that? Accidently dropped it while supposedly trying to take out his wallet?
I actually broke Beaumont.  I foolishly took him out of my house on an adventure that went from 8 pm to 4 am.  We were drinking whisky and smoking out of it the bubbler, and instead of water I put in amaretto.  The smoke tasted like sugar.  Amazing.  However, it broke because I was doing something dumb.  I was wearing a jacket with rather deep pockets, deep enough for the whole bubbler to fit in discreetly.  We were walking in a residential area, and a few of us went to relieve ourselves near some bushes.  As we meandered back to the car, one of our number started running and soon we all were.  The jostling from running caused the pipe to fly out and break in the street right in front of me.

Why just a smokeshack? Where's the Tripping Tree, or the Coke Canoe? Or the Speed..uhh.. -boat?

Don Doggy said:
I do not understand this thread.

Then you'd better stay out of it.

Finzi said:
Just wondering how much does cannabis cost in your countries? Here in Aus it's 20$ a gram and I've heard that that's one of the most expensive prices in the world.

There's not average cost in this country that I know of, but I'd assume the smaller the place the bigger the price.
When I lived in south (the highest population areas) the prices were certainly low with being able to buy has for about 5€ a gram and flower for, well maybe under 15€ a gram. Where I live now, I haven't even found anyone who sells.

Cannabis is on a bit of a low profile around here mainly because cops chase cannabis users and farmers instead of real criminals.

Amroth said:
Surely, Dryvus, that is not the stash you spoke of?

God, I wish.
kiarj said:
Say, are the highs you get different or will taking, say, hash give the same kind of high as a joint, but faster?

I find it depends more on the strain of weed itself rather than what form it's in.

Finzi said:

10 bucks a gram, but what's all this gram nonsense? Y'all be playin' y'selves. 50 for a quarter-ounce.

Amroth said:
sad bong death story

I've lost a couple glass friends in my career too. One medium-sized streaky blue bulb-and-stem job, named John Lee Hookah, that was left outside just prior to a visit from my landlord (a cop), it was never seen again and I was smart enough not be be all "Dude, did you break my ****ing bong, maaaan?". Just recently, a senseless tragedy ended the glorious life of the revered Apricot Warrior, a behemoth who's picture I posted in say cheese once. It was knocked over during moving out of my last place.

Back
Top Bottom