[M] Native compatible Admin Tools. V1.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Do you intend to add a ping-limit possibility as well? e.g if a player has a ping over $g_max_ping for 10 seconds he'll get kicked. Of course, once you get the mod to a state you're satisfied with.  :razz:

Vincenzo said:
Although you work at a development company It is a bit of a "ooh look at me ima dev" thing to do in this situation.
I think most coders have similar jobs, you don't hear me bragging about it.

I beleive that dai added that so you know that he's not just some random person butting in with an opinion thats not got any knowledge of computer coding behind it. I have no knowledge of computer programming so i will not post anything specifically about the mods as the sum of my contribution was as a test dummy.

The man is BRILLIANT!

Great job Vincenzo, if we had community saint awards, you would be Mother Teresa or Saint George.

I love playing god= Get admin armour,shield sword and all the other acessories then teleport around and demolish.

Vincenzo said:
Good suggestion will add it.

I plan on releasing some form of a patch this weekend.
Please do not add a ping limit to this. Because of how poorly optimized the agent spawn code is, my computer seizes up on larger battle spawns, like on IG_Battlegrounds server when it's full. Once it's finished spawning everyone and unfrozen, my ping is artificially increased to 200+ and sometimes it doesn't normalize for some time, despite my "true" latency to the server being <30 during that whole time.

Also I don't know if it just needs escaping or something but the "^" character causes line breaks in the admin chat. Not sure if that's intentional for multi-line messages though.

Great mod, thanks for it.

Hey HJKL, don't freak out, it will be a admin option that will be default off.
You will have a checkbox to select if you want it and a maximum ping field, default value for it is 300.

In my experience, kicking high pingers does not change any ping or performance for the server or for other players.

Slam dunk vince! Ive seen the mod on every single server i have been on since its release, and the reason for that is obvious. Great functions, great performance, great work!

Awesome job Vincenzo, I especially like the automatic scripts and the server messages! Great contribution to the community :smile:

Willow

Awesome work Vincenzo, this is both usefull and funny!

But I have to ask, is there a way to complete remove server messages or just to change the frequency they appear?

To disable the automatic server messages appearing every 5 minutes;
Uncheck the option: "Enable Automatic Announcements" inside the admin panel.

You cannot disable Server messages for actions done by admins like slay, kick, spawn toys, Heal and so on; for obvious reasons.
I do not want to make admins able to abuse the system without anyone on the server knowing it.

Next version will have a setting for how many seconds are between server messages.

Currently this mod is closed source, I'm contemplating releasing the source but I'm hesitant to do that right now.
If you are a modder yourself and want some of these features in your own mod, just send me a PM I'm sure we can work something out.

hey vincenzo, I got another question: is there possibly to change the reset to a really reset ie no money taken over, k/d and rounds count cleared?

Back
Top Bottom