Low Framerates in Forests

Users who are viewing this thread

Hrafnskald

Regular
Hi, first off I want to say that I love this mod, it looks very promising, but I'm having some serious issues with framerates, particularly when fighting in forests - my framerate drops and the game becomes too choppy to play effectively, even on the lowest graphical settings. Is there any way around this? I searched the forums but couldn't find anything on this topic. I don't suppose this mod would be compatible with Talak's No More Trees mod 1.2... is there any way to reduce the number of trees in forested areas, or remove the leaf textures or something? I think I'd really enjoy this mod if it weren't for the choppiness, and I can't just go around avoiding forests all the time - my understanding is 5th century Britain was pretty friggin forested, so I hope this isn't a gamebreaker for me.

Hmm, well the good news is that I was able to install Talak's "No More Trees" mod successfully... bad news is that seems to have screwed up the campaign map somehow, so that I am unable to move freely around it, like I'm hitting some invisible wall... which is strange, since it didn't replace any exisiting textures, and I didn't think it affected the main map at all...

EDIT: Never mind, I must have accidentally deleted a paragraph break in the map parameters when I was editing the module.ini - main map works fine now, just ignore this post  :oops:

Unfortunately, battles are still choppy in heavily wooded areas with uneven terrain, even without leaves  :neutral:

Back
Top Bottom