• Russia

Votes: 19 11.4%
  • Saxony

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • Portugal

Votes: 6 3.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

So I was bored and wanted to find a use for this thread again. Commence voting!

Also note that the first couple pages of posts will be completely unrelated, as this single thread is used for every poll. :razz:

I think this should be the idea: Light Cavalry gets light and fast horses, while the Heavy Cavalry get stronger but slower horses. This was the whole case back then, and continued to be even in the Crimean War. British civilians liked the Light Cavalry more because they were galloping with their curved swords out in the sun, while the Heavy Cavalry was not liked just being it was cautious, disciplined, and serious. Heavy Cavalry had strong but slow horses, while Light Cavalry were some quick riders. In the Charge of the Light Brigade, the Light cavalry lost to the Russians, and should have been counted as a serious defeat, but it was not by British civilians.

Give fast horses to Light Cavalry, and slow horses to Heavy Cavalry, and give the heavies some serious swords, and we'll be alright as far as Balance goes.

That's why I've believed in the idea there should be an Infantry only mode, and a mode just for Cavalry.

I will attempt to make it myself, but the idea is still there.

No, i hate theese armored bastards.
I've ssen enough guys on the mm-servers who spawned as Curassiers without horse, just for the armor  :???:

This isn't MM. You don't have to compare the two. I believe it would be a great idea if they were the extreme opposites of each other in terms of actual Light Cavalry and actual Heavy Cavalry. Would work out great. Perhaps restrict the heavy cavalry to the Light Pistol or something of the like, to make them underpowered in terms of gunpowder, but give them nice swords so that they will fulfill the actual function of running to the infantry and slashing them. I also believe that the musket with bayonet should rear horses with stabs, and that it should get a nerf in its damage that isn't a bayonet stab.

Could anyone give a fairly detailed description of curraisers and their role and degree of effectiveness in 18th century combat? There are quite a few points I'd like to know before I vote.

Garluch said:
Could anyone give a fairly detailed description of curraisers and their role and degree of effectiveness in 18th century combat? There are quite a few points I'd like to know before I vote.
Cuirassiers were the heaviest of heavy cavalry and were basically the only ones who still wore armor. The cuirassier's role was to smash into the infantry and disrupt their lines. They were typically equipped with a large straight-bladed sword, a pair of pistols and a big ol' warhorse. I'm also pretty sure that their breastplates could stop a bullet, if they were shot at a decent range.

To my knowledge the curiassiers armor could only stop a musket ball if it were fired from a far distance (far musket wise) close however, the cuirassier would be dead or injured (or at least have quite the bruise if it were fired from a pistol) I think they should be included, as it is realistic (but remember, a lancer was these guys worst nightmare!)

I believe they shouldn't be overpowered in all departments. If they're going to have two pistols, I'd suggest making a new weapon for that specifically and make them rather crappy. Also make their athletics skill low, etc. And to counter them effectively give muskets with bayonets the ability to rear enemy cavalry.

well if you were to add them might i suggest also adding pike men and yes i know what ur thinking pikemen are gonna get screwed. NOT TRUE!
if you do add cuirassiers you should definitly think of adding a counter troup just sayin cause i can take a warhorse and a sword and run over archers all day long in native  :grin:. Also if you do go with pikemen im not talking about middle ages pikemen im talking about pikemen from the 1700s who wore regular uniforms and tended to carry a pistol with them along w/  a pike and sword. Any way thats just my opinion :mrgreen:

At the ranges depicted in-game, it is likely that cuirasses would have been altogether ineffective at stopping bullets, and would rather have been useful to deflect blows from the arme blanche.

For the cuirassiers to be balanced, I'd give them slow-ass heavy horses, ridiculously low athletics skills (to prevent them from being used as armored infantry), and armor which is good enough to make a difference against a sword or bayonet, but not against a musket.

Oh yeah, and NCO's with spontoons would be awesome.

Heres what you should do:

Make the Cuirassier armor. And then give it to the Heavy Cavarly units. So that people have more choise.

Though this might not work. Just throwing that out there.

Nah, I'd say make a Cuirassier class, with less riding, athletics, power strike but with more ironflesh. Would work nicely to balance it out.

Back
Top Bottom