Author Topic: Dead?  (Read 12374 times)

HardCode

• Master Knight
  • Return of Rosario Dawson
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
Re: Dead?
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2012, 02:18:06 AM »
I just started playing M&B 1.011 again (I don't have Warband), and I really am interested in this mod. I downloaded the source, and I tweaked a few things:

• Disabled hero complaints
  • Cattle follow the player party
  • Increase horse speed
  • Variable prisoner sell prices (based on prisoner level)
  • I am going to add in Fisheye's Autoloot
  • I am going to tweak some item stats

Once I'm done, can I release it as an unofficial tweak version for others to play?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 02:40:50 AM by HardCode »
"You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can ban all of the people all of the time too" - Archonsod

Argeus the Paladin

• Grandmaster Knight
  • Byzantine/TLD/PoP Fanboy
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • WB
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2012, 09:32:21 AM »
Speaking as someone who is proud to have spent his last two years with M&B and its many mods, I have to say that while WB is a huge improvement over the original, there is just one thing that isn't the same - total conversion mods for single player are almost thoroughly lacking, with the exception of Prophesy of Pendor and Brytenwalda (Which, most of the time in my computer, refuses to run correctly), that is.

Solid & Shade? Abandoned.
The Last Days? Not going to happen.
Eagle and the Radiant Cross? On indefinite hiatus.
Expanded Gameplay? Chel is gone.
Gang of Glasgow? Not ported.
1866? Multi-only.
Fury of Odin and Roots of Yggdrasil? Somehow the creator just sort of gave up.

Not to downplay such great mods as Vikingr and Mount and Musket/Napoleonic Wars, but to me the heart and soul of M&B has always been the single-player campaign. It was as though M&B has gone through a transition of sort between two eras of modding while I was here. While I can say I'm happy to have seen the best of both worlds, something isn't quite the same.

Now that my rant is over, back on topic: I rate Talera very, very highly in my mods list. It's like Prophesy of Pendor's little, adorable and talented brother who has tremendous potential yet never really had the chance to fully realize said potential. If this era's prime modders - Caba'drin and the Diplomacy team, for instance - could take up the helm and take over those projects that have unfortunately died over the past years and turning them into WB glory, suffice to say I'm willing to pay to see it happen.

But of course, until then we can only dream.

winrehs007

• Knight
  • “Fear cuts deeper than swords”
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2012, 12:46:25 PM »
Have you heard Anno Domini 1257?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elenmmare

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2012, 01:12:56 PM »
I just started playing M&B 1.011 again (I don't have Warband), and I really am interested in this mod. I downloaded the source, and I tweaked a few things:

• Disabled hero complaints
  • Cattle follow the player party
  • Increase horse speed
  • Variable prisoner sell prices (based on prisoner level)
  • I am going to add in Fisheye's Autoloot
  • I am going to tweak some item stats

Once I'm done, can I release it as an unofficial tweak version for others to play?

Wow, really lucky I saw this. Absolutely! I no longer have the time or skill to work on this project, and am honoured that you paid attention to our humble mod. (I totally read your tutorials back in 2007 when I started here :) )

Cheers,
Alenmare.

HardCode

• Master Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2012, 11:28:13 PM »
Cool. I'll try to get this done in a week. Got a busy weekend coming up. Some might find the horses too fast, but I didn't change the armor or HP, so this kind of balances out - a faster horse gets hit for more damage as it speeds by. I just have to do the Autoloot then review some item stats.
"You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can ban all of the people all of the time too" - Archonsod

HardCode

• Master Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2012, 09:39:49 PM »
I'm having issues with the autoloot. For example, a hero will only accept certain shields and throw out others. Same for boots. There must be a conflict of troop slots - or - I may have to put all the item types together in module_items.py. I'm in the process of working it out. I've added autoloot to lots of mods, but it's been so long I have to re-learn the code fisheye wrote.

manekemaan

• Sergeant Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: manekemaan
  • WB
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2012, 04:09:17 PM »
Nice to hear someone is working on COT again :O really looking forward to your version hardcode!!

HardCode

• Master Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2012, 03:35:56 AM »
I had a busy week and wasn't able to work on the autoloot issue yet. But it's still in progress!

manekemaan

• Sergeant Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: manekemaan
  • WB
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2012, 02:34:06 PM »
hey no problem :p nobody is pushing u :D i'm just happy to see someone is working on this

if u need any help, i'l do what i can (mostly dialogues and writing, no coding)