Author Topic: Dead?  (Read 12361 times)

Elenmmare

Re: Dead?
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2011, 12:44:48 PM »
The source is out there. I just don't have the time to work on it myself.

Dranz

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: Dranz/Talith
  • WBM&BVC
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2011, 10:13:40 PM »
Just saw this, even though it's been over a week or two since the last post, considering the inactivity in this area I hope it's fine to post this here. I very much enjoyed this mod, and still do at times, to the point to where I almost (almost) found a way to help out with things. Not my forte unfortunately, but I digress...

I very much enjoyed this module, and even though it's not actively developed, I can't honestly say I'm sad to see it in the state it's in. It's still a very amusing module to pick up and play every once in awhile, for me at least. Whatever becomes of it, I wish those of you who made it what it is the best.

This may be odd coming from a random person, but I only typed this up because I enjoyed it as much as it did. My only regret is I was unable to help in some way.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 10:15:44 PM by Dranz »

Elenmmare

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 07:23:03 AM »
Thanks for the kind words! I really enjoyed working on this project, but the real heroes were Kardiophylax and the rest of the team. They were the life of the mod, and deserve the credit. I was just a very fortunate kid, to be able to give something to the community and be included in an incredibly skilled team.

False Dragon

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
  • M&B
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2011, 02:03:09 AM »
I've been playing this mod for 2 years or more now, and seeing it woke old memories.

This mod's story is magnificent, and the places seem like something out of a dream. I have fallen asleep only to wake up in Talera many a time!

All I can do is wish you the best of luck! And maybe for a future version? No, I kid. No need to wake this sleeping mod. You've all done great team!

manekemaan

• Sergeant Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: manekemaan
  • WB
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2011, 08:44:12 PM »
I've been playing this mod for 2 years or more now, and seeing it woke old memories.

This mod's story is magnificent, and the places seem like something out of a dream. I have fallen asleep only to wake up in Talera many a time!

All I can do is wish you the best of luck! And maybe for a future version? No, I kid. No need to wake this sleeping mod. You've all done great team!

wise words :D indeed talera team you did a great job

(but i would definitly not mind this being continued) :D

Brandis

• Sergeant at Arms
  • a brave knight... with jarids!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: MasterPaladin,Ivanhoe...
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2011, 11:19:03 AM »
pls just focus on vanilla one. i want to see it finished :D and maneceman i am also trying to revive this awesome mod :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 11:59:03 AM by Brandis »
TO BATTLE AND VICTORY!!
[img]http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/4792/signaturennd.png[img/]

Brandis

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2011, 01:21:00 AM »
ok. the big thing taleworlds has done is a warband mod called WFAS with fire and sword it has firearms cool systems but it sucks compared to talera :D
TO BATTLE AND VICTORY!!

Kardiophylax

• "Yes, I'm still retired. My apologies."
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2011, 04:23:51 AM »
Many thanks to all of you for the appreciation.  To say the mod exceeds the officially released content in your opinion is quite a compliment!

I am going to continue my stance that it is unlikely that this mod will be finished, at least by me.  I've had an idea for an alternate world setting and story I'd like to create for several years, and that will most likely be the next project I work on.  By project, I do not currently plan on anything based on the Mount & Blade engine (I do not yet know what game's mod engine I'd design it in).  Unless a lot has changed since the glory days of vanilla M&B, I feel I basically explored most of what the engine had to offer (both positive and frustrating negative at times).  The mods I've tried recently don't appear to indicate that it has changed much.  I've also not coded a line in Mount & Blade in well over 2 years, so the re-learning curve for me to even start a project would be decent.  However, if someone feels there have been changes to the engine/mod-able code that would offer more interesting options, I'd be interested to hear it.   I've simply not seen it yet myself.

Creating and maintaining a mod of this nature is quite an undertaking when you take a step back and look at it.  I wish I had kept track of the hours spent, but I wouldn't call anyone a liar that said I committed over 500 hours during the half a year or so I worked on it since that could very well be true.  Many of those hours were very enjoyable and fun for me.  Hearing that people enjoyed or may still be enjoying it makes me feel a lot better about my use of that time.  Thank you for that and Happy Holidays to all.

manekemaan

• Sergeant Knight
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2011, 06:53:17 PM »
Happy holidays to you as wel!!!

Brandis

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2011, 12:25:01 AM »
yeah MERRY CHRISTMAS :D
TO BATTLE AND VICTORY!!

Lilly112

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2012, 02:55:19 PM »
This mod is awesome, I would love to see the rest of the kingdoms storylines unfold since the Feron storyline kicked ass.

manekemaan

• Sergeant Knight
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2012, 07:08:32 PM »
jea :D it rules indeed!!! its really a bummer he stopped but i stil keep hoping one day he continues

Jakob Zaborowski

• Sergeant
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Shagga_son_of_Dolf
  • M&BWBWF&S
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2012, 07:12:31 PM »

manekemaan

• Sergeant Knight
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2012, 07:15:49 PM »
kinda logical people repost in this topic mate, they are trying to bring a dead mod back to life.

Lord Bryggan

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2012, 04:39:58 AM »
Some people are still playing this for the first time.  I just played it again after a few years and still love it.  I'm just here checking if the timer on the abomination was fixed.  I love that beast!
"lol i just killed by sea raider this game sucks so bad because i dosent noes how to play it lol **** you"