OSP Kit QoL Ye Olde Tavern Strumpets

Users who are viewing this thread

Ashmond

Sergeant at Arms
Ye Olde Tavern Strumpets (please see the thread for information until any needed information is sorted here).

The full version *module source in both module code and text code along with two open source sound files are available in one tiny download.  Here. 
*If someone requests the text files, I'll add them back.

1.1 - fixed menu window bug when you lost to the madame during a tavern duel & added another string for that event

If you want to check these strumpets out without all the editing, a native 1.31 1.32 module with them added is provided (25MB).  No extras at this time, they use standard native stuff. Here.

Original Post:
===================================================================

I know, I know.  But damn it, everybody wants realism and strumpets are most certainly included!

This is the first thing I did in my mod-the-mod adventure and I was tickled with it.  Now it seems lack. 

I'm seeking ideas as to how this would be a viable inclusion to the game beyond mere perversion.

What do you folk think would be suitable (doable) rewards and punishments when interacting with a tavern strumpet?

Also, is there ever going to be a cutscene tool?

Here is what I ended with some odd weeks ago:

Code:
  [anyone, "start", [(is_between, "$g_talk_troop", madame_begin, madame_end),],
   "{My lord/My lady}. What can I, a humble servant of the flesh do for ye?", "madame_talk",[(play_sound, "snd_mmm"),]],

[anyone, "madame_pretalk", [],"{playername}, I am at ye service anyway ye like.", "madame_talk",[]],

[anyone, "madame_angry", [],
  "Oh? Everyone! {playername} is an impotent flounder!  And ye expect to rule when ye are not virile enough for me?  The people will hear of this!", "close_window",
  [(call_script, "script_change_player_relation_with_faction_ex", "$g_talk_troop_faction", -5),]],

[anyone|plyr, "madame_talk", [],"We work hard, now we need play. On the to bedrolls, come what may this day!", "madame_ans1",[]],

[anyone|plyr, "madame_talk", [],"Just ye and me, strumpet.", "madame_ans2",[]],

[anyone|plyr, "madame_talk", [],"Filthy whore, I love war!", "madame_angry",[]],

[anyone|plyr, "madame_talk", [],"Naw, I smell something fishy.", "close_window",[(play_sound, "snd_sigh"),]],

[anyone, "madame_ans1", [], "To the gods and goddesses we shall dedicate our orgy! However, {playername}, the machine needs grease, 5000 coins should suffice for our trife.",
           "madame_ans1a",[]],

[anyone, "madame_ans2", [],"{playername} is selfish I see, 300 will suffice for ye and me.", "madame_ans2a",[]],

[anyone|plyr, "madame_ans2a", [],"Then ye and me it shall be, here are your 300 coins.", "madame_pretalk",
       [(troop_remove_gold, "trp_player", 300),(call_script, "script_change_player_party_morale", -10),
       (call_script, "script_change_player_honor", -1),
       (add_xp_as_reward, 100),]],

[anyone|plyr, "madame_ans2a", [],"*sniff* Are ye selling rotten meat?!", "madame_angry",[]],

[anyone|plyr, "madame_ans2a", [],"Actually, I'm not feeling it.", "madame_pretalk",[]],

[anyone|plyr, "madame_ans1a", [],"To the higher powers! Here are yer 5000 coins.", "madame_pretalk",
       [
       (troop_remove_gold, "trp_player", 5000),
       (call_script, "script_change_player_relation_with_faction_ex", "$g_talk_troop_faction", 5),
       (call_script, "script_change_player_party_morale", 20),
       (call_script, "script_change_player_honor", 5),
       (call_script, "script_change_player_relation_with_center", "$current_town",5),
       (add_xp_as_reward, 1000),]],

[anyone|plyr, "madame_ans1a", [],"*sniff* Are ye selling rotten meat?!", "madame_angry",[]],

[anyone|plyr, "madame_ans1a", [],"Actually, I'm not feeling it.", "madame_pretalk",[]],

Also some visual.  This troop had a fake slot assigned and out of luck ended up where it did.
5d74fdbd.jpg
I have an altered version of that armor by dthehun that I plan on using:
b466c909.png
I'd really like an outfit such as the following, though I can't do such things to date:
Kyle-cassidy-steampunk.jpg

Additionally, how the heck do you get hits to morale entered into the recent events?  As it is now, all that must be done is to check the moral stats and it overrides the hit as if it never happened.

1.  dthehun's Anar Dresses is pretty close to the droi- er, dresses you're looking for.  He's prolly going to smack me for pointing that out.

2.  I think the classiest way to handle the strumpet stuff is to do a fade-to-black and then raise the curtain, with some witty, randomized dialogue along the way through string register manipulation, so that it's only stale after about 10 goes.  If people are still doing it past that, they need a Life, anyhow.  It's like killing kids in Fallout- the first time, it's "grim realism".  The fifth time... perhaps you need help :wink:

Then say something funny when it fades back in ("Oi, you said it was 'like a leapord', but it was more like a squirrel, m'lord!", etc., ad nauseum, with some cute code that takes into account STR/AGI/CHR/INT, Persuasion (heh) Leadership (double-heh) Merchant (hahaha) etc.  Anything past that is too gratuitous for my tastes, personally.

3.  I like the overall idea.  I'd definitely like to see more characters in bars in general, interactive or no, preferably written in a way that doesn't require total rewrite of Merc / Companion / etc. folks being able to show up.

*ponders Anar dresses...

Xeno, I'm sure you realize that repetition would be justified by the reward|punishment system.  :mrgreen:

And ye speak of things above my head.  But that is fuel for ambition I suppose.

Me, personally... I wouldn't make it have much in the way of gameplay repercussions, unless it was tied to a quest- say, take care of a nasty pimp, stop a slave-dealer who deals in young girls, etc..  I'd rather just have the entertainment and the added detail to the game universe.  But that's just me.

xenoargh said:
Then say something funny when it fades back in ("Oi, you said it was 'like a leapord', but it was more like a squirrel, m'lord!", etc., ad nauseum, with some cute code that takes into account STR/AGI/CHR/INT, Persuasion (heh) Leadership (double-heh) Merchant (hahaha) etc.  Anything past that is too gratuitous for my tastes, personally.

and "Power Strike" :wink: :wink: and "Ironflesh"  :wink: :wink: and "Spotting":wink: :wink: and "Pathfinding":wink: :wink: "Tactics":wink: :wink: and "Weapon Master":wink: :wink: and "Athletics":wink: :wink: and how could i forget "Riding" :wink: :wink:. say no more say no more.

Winkwinknudgenudge.

Anyway, very nice idea, but your servant of the flesh there looks a bit too warriory doesn't she? I love Xeno's ideas as well, btw. :razz:

Malik Faris said:
xenoargh said:

and "Power Strike" :wink: :wink: and "Ironflesh"  :wink: :wink: and "Spotting":wink: :wink: and "Pathfinding":wink: :wink: "Tactics":wink: :wink: and "Weapon Master":wink: :wink: and "Athletics":wink: :wink: and how could i forget "Riding" :wink: :wink:. say no more say no more.
[spam]
Oh, God... So much ambiguous skills... But Ironflesh and Riding are absolutely necessary. :grin:
[/spam]

Interesting idea.

As result you get + to one hand weapons.  :lol:

Now really. I had the idea of including 'rape' in Europe 1200, and it was done. It make your troops moral raise, while your relation with the village decreased.

So with prostitutes you could do the same, but with not such a decrease, cause you are paying for sex, not raping. But now you might ask yourself: the party's moral raises if you are the only one fuching? No, cause the dialog of the madam or whatever would go like this: 'I have some girls that could suit your horny men (lol), are you interested?'. If you accept you pay and morale raises. Maybe a message should appear (you are exausted, blabla bla).

Maybe instead of decreasing the relation with locals (if its prostitution and not raping) the character's health could decrease a bit (but to a limit, we don't want him to die...) so that it represents that you used your energy or whatever. And it could be a good idea to make the price of the girls go up or down depending on the amount of people involved. The more men on your party the more expensive it is.

Malik Faris said:
xenoargh said:

Don't forget "Shield".  :wink: :wink:

Without it you might catch a plague. Shield it before you wield it!

Hooray for hookers! :mrgreen:

So Yoshi's RPG mod waaaay back when, had an Easter egg sex haybale scene.

It essentially was the floor a "wall" one of the walls the floor. With the grunting and screaming death and wounded sounds blasting over your speakers.

katrin's dialog.... and like firentis and whoever else hates her, mentions the whores that followed armies around, so we can kinda already assume the men are getting some action with their weekly salaries.... especially knights those expensive motherfudgers.

you could maybe add a "hostile" roaming party of whores, like bandits, but when they "attack" the player instead of the "surrender or die" option there's the "let the men have some fun" or "get out of here you harlots!".
they both have the effect of making that whore party not try to "attack" you for a few days, but the first option costs some money and increases the men's morale.

Wow, some great ideas here and in lieu of cutscene, settle for fading.  Check.  Use string register rather than straightforward dialog.  Check.

Non-gratuitous... okay but there should be some form of experience gained.  Also, as we all should know, any type of long standing prostitution ring has deep ties within the realm of authorities at various levels.  Hence the bonus or hit to relations with the center as well as the faction...  I'm not sure what numbers would make for good balance and I guess, if this remains, there should be a timer imposed, such as with the buy-a-round-o-drinks.

I like the rampaging strumpet scenario.  Mainly if it were controllable and spawned in singular directly after they were cheated somehow.  I'm guessing a manipulation of the spy party/script is in order?  And a negative hit to honor if you kill them when they refuse any offers and insist on fighting. Heh, a hundred strumpets, armed with civilian clothing, dagger and fury!

Also, even though it's prostitution, if the client doesn't pay, wouldn't that be some form of rape or just a renege on contract - albeit verbal and probably illegal?  Robbery even?  :shock:

FrisianDude, you think the altered version of dthehun's armor looks too warriory as well?

As for additional scenes, I haven't done those to date, plus this is meant to be an easy, clean inclusion into a production mod or personal use for whoever would want to use it.  Whereas the only additional requirements would possibly be the brf for clothing - that I could do.  But then, maybe I should just use the rags that come with native to save people the trouble.  :idea: Unless of course someone would like to jump in and provide a unique strumpet pack.

Ashmond said:
FrisianDude, you think the altered version of dthehun's armor looks too warriory as well?
Less so, but yeah. Still kinda looks as if the wearer is hiding a sword in her sheath.

Malik Faris said:
katrin's dialog.... and like firentis and whoever else hates her, mentions the whores that followed armies around, so we can kinda already assume the men are getting some action with their weekly salaries.... especially knights those expensive motherfudgers.
Next time you see a knight without a helmet and wearing a leather jerkin and a big grin in battle, we know what he was up to.

Rather than do a quest, because that is a bit complicated for me to do right now, I've spawned a "betrayed strumpet" party.  I've had the dialog working when meeting them on the map.  The problem there is that I can't figure a way to remove the party after they've been paid off.  Nor can I figure a way to get the party to attack the player party.  It acts almost as a patrol, running around attacking bandits and whatnot.  I want it to attack the player party - also attack regardless of party sizes.  Any suggestions?

Code:
 [anyone,"madame_betray_rsp",[],"You vile, evil souls!  We shall have our revenge!","close_window",
	[	(set_spawn_radius,1),
		(spawn_around_party,"p_main_party","pt_betrayed_strumpets"),
		(party_set_ai_behavior, "pt_betrayed_strumpets", ai_bhvr_attack_party),
		(call_script,"script_change_player_honor",-10),
		(call_script, "script_change_player_relation_with_faction_ex", "$g_talk_troop_faction", -5),
		(call_script, "script_change_player_party_morale", 5),
		(call_script, "script_change_player_relation_with_center", "$current_town",-5),
	]
  ],

Code:
("betrayed_strumpets","Betrayed Strumpets",icon_peasant|pf_quest_party,0,fac_commoners,soldier_personality,[(trp_strumpet_walker,200,250)]),

Code:
#Betrayed Strumpets
  [party_tpl|pt_betrayed_strumpets,"start",
	[			
	],"Aye, thought ye could get away with robbery and rape?","betrayed_strumpet1",[]],
  [anyone|plyr,"betrayed_strumpet1",
	[	(party_get_num_companions,reg50,"p_main_party"),
		(store_mul,reg60,reg50,20),
		(store_troop_gold,reg40,"trp_player"),        
		(ge,reg40,reg60),				
	],"I've thought it over.  Rather than spill blood here today, I'll pay ye double and we'll be on our way.","betrayed_strumpet1a",[]],

[anyone,"betrayed_strumpet1a",[],"For double the pay, have ye way.  We accept yer offer, dogs.","close_window",
	[(troop_remove_gold,reg20,"trp_player"),(remove_party,"pt_betrayed_strumpets"),]],

[anyone|plyr,"betrayed_strumpet1",
	[(call_script, "script_change_player_honor", -10),	
	],"Filthy beasts!  We're going to gut ye like the swine ye be!","close_window",
		[	(encounter_attack),			
		]
  ],

fac_commoners has positive relation with player_faction - therefore it won't attack you. After you change the faction, change the courage/aggressiveness flags to higher values (see header_parties). In addition, you might want icon_woman/_b, not icon_peasant.
You want to remove "$g_encountered_party", not pt_betrayed_strumpets.

Creating an entire faction just for one party seems excessive at this point, so I used the outlaw party.  Meh, live-n-learn.  I doubled the courage and aggressiveness to 30, so there is a very high chance that the party will attack the player.  Also added don't attack civilians and it seems to work for keeping the farmers safe.  A few times during tests, the party would run away because of multiple lords being close by.  I'd go in their general direction and they'd always turn and go after me from a safer distance - while my party was nearly double their size.  I guess the player could leave this to chance, might be fun to see how they fair while on rampage.  This isn't yet ready for polish, but I'm working on it slow but sure.

Once again, thank you, Somebody.

Back
Top Bottom