New Armour that you would like

Users who are viewing this thread

Ok, so Worbah started the weapons, im doin the armour :smile:

I would like to see a close helm, this would be pretty hard to make in the game im sure

a mac bible stlye great helm

kalpp visor bascinets

pigface bascinets would be cool too

i would also love to see gauntlets, its dumb to have a full suit of black and these white hands :???:

well thats about all i can think of now

POST YOUR IDEAS

Ian

Lorica segmenta!

More types of plate armour. more types of leather (Boiled, raw and so furth)

Chain, scale, ringmale types, gauntlets...

Altho the whole armor rating would prolly have to be remade slightly...

hehe, yes Lorica Segmentata, in that case we should add the lorica squamata and Lorica Hamata, maybe even add the Scutum

Well we could always afdd different types of weaves of maille, for instance, 4 in 1 in the standard, 6 in 1 is thicker, 8 in 2 is really thick, hell you could go 12 in 3 if you had the right diameter rings

and ring maille, you mean line the rings dont connect, they are stitched to like a leather jerkin?

OOO
OOO
OOO like this?

Scale, need more scale dont we

hmm, ive heard of maille mittens, and a pal of mine tried to make a fingered maille glove, but you cant move your hand much

and some of the armours need to be renamed like the padded cloth, depending on which time period, they were either call Gambeasons or Aketons

Ok, MORE SUGGESTIONS HERE

banded mail
Studded leather.
Brigindine(variating from lemmelar)

not just harnesses of 1 type of armor. it would be interesting to see more combination armors, like a hauberk with a breastplate.

Yes, or aketon with a maille hauberk over it, yes, brigandines would be nice.

Also another helm came to mindl, the sallet, visored sallet with bevor would rule

Magic armor that sparkles and glows. Magic swords that flash with fire when you swing them. A fantasy element would be nice. Also, having enchanted and magic equipment would let you use what you have but get more use out of it by making it more variable.

Heh, careful Jaedos. You're about to open up a big can of pissing and moaning at even the mention of fantasy elements like that.

I'd quite like to see haubergeons in the game. They're like hauberks but only cover the torso, not your legs. An example would be this:

Mail Haubergeon: Equivalent to Mail Hauberk in armour rating for body, no leg armour. Cheaper. Far less encumbrance as it lets you move more easily.

This way, you can have 'light' chainmail armour and the like - just as there was in reality.

I'd like a plate mail that doesn't look like a corset or something. I don't know if the way they are now is like they were in real life, but the upper piece should IMO overlap the lower piece. Think about the chafing, for starters, that the ones that there are now have.

How about helmet used by Greek hoplite? I believe it's called Corinthian Helmet in 3 different colors of gold, silver, and blackk armors over it?

cheers!

Eagle out...

I'd like to see some later style renaissance armours and helmets,and if possible Japanese and other far Eastern style ones imagine a full Sassanid Cataphract look wouldn't that be great ?

Apart from being decidedly middle-eastern, yes. :wink:

However, since there can only be so many different (with regard to their stats) items in the game that still make sense, a lot of the extra armour would mainly provide different looks... and while I'm all for even more visual diversity, I believe that adding completely new content should take priority over adding a bit of choice regarding visual appearance to existing content.

I would like to have the opposite to Dark Armor stuff. Armor of Light example stylish with the Richard Gere movie The First Knights. Shiny and Nice reflecting the enemies in the sun :grin:

But i would also to add feather to helmet saying where you stand.
(Only to the Knight helmets)

Swadian, Neutral or Vaelgir.

This would be a nice add to your Weapon Emblem ive seen discussed earlier.

How about helmet used by Greek hoplite? I believe it's called Corinthian Helmet in 3 different colors of gold, silver, and blackk armors over it?

Yea, it depends on who the warrior who wore it, it was usually made from bronxe and raised in one piece :shock:

Another armour i would LOVE to see is gothic stlye, with all the flutes, complex curves, especially maximmilan stlye Lotta flutes there

I may be ony a beginner in armouring but i have some knowledge in armour, basiclly euro stuff, dont really know too much about middle eastern armour except lamellar was polular

If you need any help with armour and stuff, let me know armagan, here to help!

Ian

Definately Lorica Segmenta, heres a link for pics if some don't know what it is:

http://www.extremely-sharp.com/es/catalog/50003.html

And a Greek muscled corset a hoplon shield, and even though it's a weapon, a kopis or falcata ( chopping damage, short reach great damage, one handed).

Back
Top Bottom