A different idea for companions

Users who are viewing this thread

Recruit
Ok, first of all I hope something like this hasn't been suggested before. I did a search but couldn't find anything, though I haven't been sleeping so I might've missed something :smile:

To be honest I really like the idea of the companions, though they are in my eyes a bit dull. I understand the focus hasn't been on their personality very much, though they do have some differences and so on, but as you fight and run around they mostly only complain, or say nothing at all if they are content.

As it is, each companion has: 1 like, 2 dislikes. You get to choose their skills upon level up and equipment. After a while they are more or less the same people with different appearances (All become great fighters eventually and can have the exact same stats if you wanted to, though most of the time some will of course have a few party skills).

My idea I guess would be that perhaps you could make some characters like more people, some dislike more people and so on. Not just 1 vs 2. Also perhaps make them level up a bit on their own, perhaps with some general guidance like "become a tracker" or something like that, perhaps a few options for each character depending on what they are?

As an example: Deshavi seems to be a hunter in the beginning. You can make her into a knight right now. Instead perhaps you could get the options to 1: focus on tracking skills and pathfinder and so on, 2: focus on archery 3:  focus on spears.

Also some characters could be better than others in the sense of having a better end game statistics or something, but would be harder to have in a group maybe or some other kind of limitation, while some would come along great with a lot of people though perhaps not be as good fighter in the end. This would make the companions a bit more interesting.

Also perhaps some could have special abilities like klethi seems to be a good thief, perhaps you could get the option to have her go and collect stuff from rich people as a "send her away quest" and perhaps also you could send her as a spy to several nations to get information, and she would do it faster than other companions could.

What you think? :smile:

Back
Top Bottom