SP Other None shall pass!

Users who are viewing this thread

Cartread

Sergeant at Arms
I modeled the Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
I then added the Black Knight into a small mod where you face off against him (basically a duel, and you encounter him as a party template--audio included).

To make it similar to the movie, I removed ranged weapons and the ability to hire soldiers.  The Black Knight is also nearly invincible, you need to find his weakness.  Also be aware of his "special attack."  Other hints are given in-game.

The Black Knight
Cartread-TheBlackKnight-4views.jpg

Party Encounter
Cartread-TheBlackKnight-encounter.jpg

Fighting
Cartread-TheBlackKnight-02.jpg

Fighting
Cartread-TheBlackKnight-03.jpg

Pulling up the bucket
Cartread-TheBlackKnight-07.jpg

Fighting
Cartread-TheBlackKnight-05.jpg

Map
Cartread-TheBlackKnight-04.jpg

Large Image of Black Knight

The models:

Armor: 536 triangles
Cartread-TheBlackKnight-Mesh-armor.jpg

Boots: 90 triangles each
Cartread-TheBlackKnight-Mesh-boots.jpg

Helmet: 332 triangles (finally learned how to unrap correctly)
Cartread-TheBlackKnight-Mesh-helmet.jpg
Cartread-TheBlackKnight-Mesh-helm2.jpg
Cartread-TheBlackKnight-Mesh-helmm3.jpg

Sword: 518 triangles (oops)
Cartread-TheBlackKnight-Mesh-sword.jpg

The gloves are modified off Native's leather gloves (thanks to Thorgrim's BRFEdit's nifty paint tool) and are about 576 each.

``````````````````````````````````````````````
DOWNLOAD from the nice M&B Repository thanks to Janus!

Also thanks to,

armagan and Winter for the Module System Documentation

Thorgrim for the great BRFEdit and Map Editor

& Yoshiboy and Highelfwarrior for the wings 3D tutorials

``````````````````````````````````````````````

I hope you have a good play against the Black Knight. :mrgreen:
Comments, Questions, Suggestions, Bug sightings are welcome.

Cool i always wanted to fight him, but i think his sword should be bigger and one-handed, after all it was huge in the movie but he was very weak when fighting Arthur.

It is one-handed/two-handed and it only seems small because his particular sword has a big handle:
MPatHG-tblackknight1.jpg

(I modled him pretty carefully) :smile:

The Black Knight is a butt-kicker in this little mod here, though.

Where is the well and how do i get the black knights real equipment( helmet you get in the chest has low defense, his has 57!)

thats amazingly cool, and amazingly well made, do you want a job with the mod me and reaper are starting?

Very nice job indeed. I changed the Black Knight using the unofficial editor, gave him 600 in 1h and 2h sword, along with 500 throwing. Then I gave him 65 Strength, and 60 Agility. It was very fun  :mrgreen: . I love the sword, and I really enjoy the throwing sword!

Brilliant work.

Now we need Tim the sorceror, the Bridgekeeper, and the Black Beast of Aaaaargh.  :mrgreen:

In zendar maybe? I wouldnt know, because I have not downloaded the mod. (try the samurai armor chests too)

Where is the well and how do i get the black knights real equipment( helmet you get in the chest has low defense, his has 57!)
Sorry, the 'well' was not supposed to be taken literally.  His super armor and helmet is how I made him powerful.  I wonder if there's a way to stop him from dropping his good equipment?

Thanks, Chel.  Yeah, the horses legs are colored strangely.  If you look at the texture you can tell I didn't set up the unrapping very well...it was tough.  The BRFEdit's paint mode salvaged it, though. :grin:

Thanks Ealdormann Hussey, but I just want to make random models and submit them to mod-projects such as yours for now. :smile:
Modelling is what I enjoyed the most when making this.

Yeah Fisheye...Tim's helmet must be made.  I don't know about his missile-shooting cane though.

Cartread said:
Sorry, the 'well' was not supposed to be taken literally.  His super armor and helmet is how I made him powerful.  I wonder if there's a way to stop him from dropping his good equipment?
if you're using the Unofficial Editor, check the box that says "unique" in the "attributes" section for the item.

octoburn said:
Cartread said:
if you're using the Unofficial Editor, check the box that says "unique" in the "attributes" section for the item.

Ah-ha!  I'm using python, so it would be itp_unique. Thanks :smile:

Back
Top Bottom