The Skin Poppet - Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Berpol

Grandmaster Knight
I didn't see a suggestion thread so here some things I thought about during play:

Burned Earth
Each city, castle and village you conquer is destroyed and either removed from the map or replaced by a ruin. As you remove anything valuable you get more loot and money than normal in Native - without the income from fiefs you might need another way to get money. Instead of getting the loot directly you could place it into the ruin.
Oh, the corpses you could get from killing a whole city. :twisted:
[list type=decimal]
[*]Variant: You can choose to destroy it when you conquer it (allowing you to keep some choice holdings).
[*]Variant: You can choose to destroy it by talking to the blood fountain, sacrificing all the lives in the fief to it.
[*]Variant: Destroying a city or village results in wandering groups of undead (hostile or recruitable)
[/list]

Undead Kingdom
Each city and village you conquer is changed to undead (villagers, peasants, guards...) but otherwise stays the same.
[list type=decimal]
[*]Variant: When the other kingdoms reconquer it they send new settlers there.
[*]Variant: When the other kingdoms reconquer it they raze it. [/list]
P.S. I prefer Burned Earth

Undead Lords
You can sacrifice captured lords to the blood fountain creating a wandering horde of zombies under his command. This could result either in a undead copy of the former lord or just a generic death knight.
[list type=decimal]
[*]Variant Hostile: The new troops are hostile to you and anyone else.
[*]Variant Neutral: They patrol an area and are neutral to you but hostile to all others.
[*]Variant Ally: Upon creation you can send them to patrol an area or attack a lord.
[/list]

Prisoners
Is it possible that prisoners can be handled based on the capturer.
  • Undead/Necromancer capture Undead - fast recruitment into own ranks.
  • Undead/Necromancer capture Living/Necromancer - killing and recruitment as undead into own ranks.
  • Living capture Undead/Necromancer - destroying prisoners.
  • Living capture Living - as usual
For the player:
Undead or summoned creatures can be easily recruited by talking to them without morale loss.

I see some1 else has been thinking of the possibilites too ^^

I would like the option to raze castles/villages/towns etc. Towns and villages could become mass "graveyards" that you can raise bodies from over time (like cemetary but purely bodies and can be done any time of day.

If I decide not to raze a village and decide to let the village work for me then I want to be able to loot and burn it - after all what do I need them to like me for?

Necromantic lords that will serve you/acting like regular lords - would also be cool.

I had more ideas but im a little tired so ill post when they spring to mind

Im not sure that you should be able to recruit undead prisoners into your ranks unless they are demons or intelligent thinking creatures.

While I've read all the things about Warband being a maybe, and possibly not likely. I would love to see this in Warband, to literally have a kingdom of undead. XD

That said, I would like to see skeletons, skeletal horses, and Lich stuff. Then again, I haven't played through it all, so the lich and horse bit might already be in there, I just haven't found it. Other then that, I love Berpol's ideas.

Another one I forgot above:

Companions
The current companions are those from native (with a Gorgon added). You might want to replace some of them (rename, dialog change) perhaps using some of your creatures as a base
  • Rogue Golem/Demon/Shade
  • Undead Knight
  • Necromancer Apprentice
  • Graverobber
  • Goth Fan-boy/-girl
For example you could create two undead knights who hate each other as they killed each other on the battlefield when alive...

A few random ideas from Grimmend

World Map - have the world start out all cheerful and happy looking, makes it all more satisfying when your dark army begins to march
upon it, leaving a corrupt and decrepid path in its wake...

Sieges- If you are evil enough, you could devise a type of dark ritual that could cause a plauge of undeath within the city wall, or a mass ressurection in the towns cemetary (temporary life to these ones, return to the grave after battle)

Zendar- Make itmore than just a storage spot, let the player turn it into a dark Necropolis that only the most stout hearted would even dare to look upon...

Souls- As you strike down your enemy, you tear his soul from his cold bleeding mass, to give to the bloodfountain, or to keep for more nefarious purposes...

Heh. I don't agree with the companion thing, though, most undead are bound to those who summon them. So, to have a bunch of zombies and stuff sitting in an inn.. would just be silly. XD The corruption thing, though, that'd take a bit of work with triggers and animations, methinks.

Unless it you make it persistant. Like..as time passes the world gets more corrupted looking. Or something. The soul thing would be amusing.

Grimmend said:
A few random ideas from Grimmend

World Map - have the world start out all cheerful and happy looking, makes it all more satisfying when your dark army begins to march
upon it, leaving a corrupt and decrepid path in its wake...

Sieges- If you are evil enough, you could devise a type of dark ritual that could cause a plauge of undeath within the city wall, or a mass ressurection in the towns cemetary (temporary life to these ones, return to the grave after battle)

Zendar- Make itmore than just a storage spot, let the player turn it into a dark Necropolis that only the most stout hearted would even dare to look upon...

Souls- As you strike down your enemy, you tear his soul from his cold bleeding mass, to give to the bloodfountain, or to keep for more nefarious purposes...

World Map- Great idea but a little hard to do, maybe what might be better is to have all the land change when darkness falls and most work of an undead is done.

Seiges- Understand what you are trying to say but that then defeats the whole purpose of destroying a full garrison with a small number of troops. You want to be unstoppable not because of numbers, but of fear and skill.

Zendar- Totally agree!!! :twisted:  I think though it should be a like rebel city that keeps switchs hands from one Undead overlord to the next. Example: First owned by Accolytes then conquered by an more advanced Necro army. Then you come along and conquer it, giving you a few bonuses of some sorts.

Souls- This IDK, inorder to make your army you need the souls to make the corpses move as it is described when summoning them.  Maybe you could trade a few of you already made soilders into sarcifices for some special troop or somthing.

Why not create undead equivalents of regular units?

Like, if you capture 2 Swadian Crossbowman and a Vaegir Knight, you can "Corrupt" them via the Necromicon and create 2 new soldiers for your army: Undead Crossbowman and Undead Knight

Script it so they keep (part of) their equipment, to give each and every undead unit it's own unique look :smile:

Why not have some of the other necromancers running around have some of their necromantic ingredients as loot similar to caravans? Like plague doctors dropping sulfuric acid or shadow lordsdropping evil eyes.

Berpol said:
Prisoners
Is it possible that prisoners can be handled based on the capturer.
  • Undead/Necromancer capture Undead - fast recruitment into own ranks.
  • Undead/Necromancer capture Living/Necromancer - killing and recruitment as undead into own ranks.
  • Living capture Undead/Necromancer - destroying prisoners.
  • Living capture Living - as usual
For the player:
Undead or summoned creatures can be easily recruited by talking to them without morale loss.
I thought of an addition to that:

Undead Horde
When Undead or Necromancer win a fight they raise a percentage of the killed enemies as zombies or patchwork.
Of course this could result in gigantic armies :twisted:

I am still for the roleplaying possibility of a "Using the power of evil for the purpose of good" antihero and/or raising difficulty overall. A few ways on top of my mind to this end are:

- More powerful undead neutral parties/Sword of Damocles-esque invasion to create an Eviler Than Thou enemy, since, frankly speaking the lords really suck now.
- Allow dishonorable lords to use undead and honorable ones to use a holy/Paladin troop tree that is tailored to counter undead.
- In the word of the last poster in one of my thread, which I paraphrase, "does Arthas complain of boredom on his frozen throne until an OP adventurer party pwn him?" I say, why not create Adventurer Parties armed with top-notch gears and has leet skills to top with (Must be playing too much Prophesy of Pendor these days. Curse those Hero Adventurers.)

That would counter the feeling n0ught was trying to create in this mod; a feeling of "Hi King Yaroglek, I'm an Ruler of the Undead. Give me everything you love and posess or I will skin you alive" after which you skin him alive anyway...

There should be less demons. I mean you get six of them and only two homuncolus. The destroyer is just the same of the shadow warrior: the only difference is that knock instead kill.
Surely six demons > one golem and the golem cost a lot more.

Peralta said:
That would counter the feeling n0ught was trying to create in this mod; a feeling of "Hi King Yaroglek, I'm an Ruler of the Undead. Give me everything you love and posess or I will skin you alive" after which you skin him alive anyway...

Massive quote  :grin:

A few random ideas from Grimmend vol. 2

Horror's (Placeholding Name)
Spawns randomly after a large scale battle (*00 vs. *00) and lays waste to everything it can reach.  Incredibly high power, but unable to heal.  Can possibly be captured but insanely hard even with max level undead.

You

Would like to see more ways to take the path of evil, like the headless horseman, but maybe other 'dark opertunities', like a lich or a vampire (cliche, but you get the picture) each with pros and cons to them (lich could raise undead for free, but can recruit human unit anymore, and vampire opens up new troop branch, but can only operate at night.

The Cult (Placeholding Name)
Kind of took the idea from custom settlement mod, but what if you could send people to Zendar, while most are killed by the Blood Fountan, some join like you did, and work to further your dark influence in the world.

Hey,

I went to try out afew and explore on the mod, actually here are a few suggestions (Spolier Alert):

01. The massive plains should not be covered in blight instead places occupied by undead nations should be covered in it.
02. Allow one of the nations (Probably the ones in the corner) to be replaced with an undead nation.
03. Necromancers and undead spawns should not be roaming around unblighted areas.
04. Counter-Undead Forces (Templars, Crusaders, etc.)
05. Old Zender to be located in a blighted area deep within the undead nation.
06. Blight/Unblight options in towns/castles/villages occupied by you.
07. Balance needed in abomination (Especially the green ones.)
08. Choice of prisoner to convert into corpse. (Let you choose who you want to convert)
09. Ability to convert villages into slaughterhouse. (Generate Corpse)
10. Conquered town/castle become Necropolis.
11. Ability to shift blood fountain into different towns.
12. Deep and diverse troop trees.
13. Volume conversion of units. (The need to convert a unit into another type require too much rare materials.)
14. Certain unique companions
15. Undead Mercenaries within Blighted Region (Acolyte/Necromancer, etc)
16. Counter-Undead Mercenaries
17. Odd-jobs and Extermination Quests
18. Undead Invasion near blighted region instead of Bandit Invasion
19. More well organised sectional necronomicon (Item Creation/ Corpsework/ Summoning)
20. More voice (Each unique warcry for each unit type)
21. Kingdom Function (Rename Kingdom/ Edit Banner)
22. Execution System
23. Soul Orbs (Trap souls for magnitude summoning purposes)
24. A new map
25. A new character creation (Total Conversion)
26. Random Assassination Attempt.
27. Control System (Controller units increase number of minions under control, lack of controllers cause rebellion)
28. Unblight System for Counter-Undead
29. Suicide and Possession System (Possess a unit/lord after you died)
30. Ability to permanently destory villages/towns/castle.

(Disclaimer: Do not blame me if any of my suggestions is a repeat of yours, just to know that I did not read any previous replies.)

I would tone down the acceleration of the undead uber-horses.  They're cool but they flick around so fast it's difficult to control them.  I went back to my Heavy Charger.  Actually, I might tone down all the necrolord set equipment.  I know it's supposed to be very powerful, but playing the mod from the start it really seems like being a Necromancer is all about commanding undead minions and using the power of death to fight for you, and not being a super-warrior yourself.

Really interesting mod, though.  I'm enjoying it so far.

Now that you've developed this cool magic system, it would be interesting to come up with a different (and possibly opposed) system.

First off, this is a huge step forward from Blood and it got me re-addicted to M&B.

I know this has been said before but... Kingdom Management... :razz:
Also, since you're a disciple of the Fountain, it should be able to give you quests. The tales of Calradia are kinda like quests, but I fel this needs some formal quests. Maybe you can betray the Fountain and start a career on your own?

Had some ideas, but I can't recall for now. I'll post here when they pop to mind.

Back
Top Bottom