Is it just me or is this mod too easy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Argeus the Paladin

Grandmaster Knight
I am not writing this to rant - for the record, I am intrigued and amazed by the amount of thought and effort the modder has put into this, even more so when he did it all alone.

But don't you think this mod is far easier than many other ones INCLUDING Native when you know what you are doing?

Case in point:

1) Equipment: It is possible to get the nigh-impenetrable Abbattoir set at level 2 (Or better, Plaguedoctor set), except the horse, which can be gotten at level 10 at the most. Rolf and Alayen can be packed with the Necromancer's Wither set from the get-go, and from then on they are overall killing machines. Besides, when you get to duel the Alchemist and win (it isn't all that hard) you'd get to one-hit everything and ANYTHING, including the top-of-the-line undead creatures. And that isn't even getting to the Godly equipment.

2) Troops: Zombies are nothing special, but heck, demons and their upgrade are the BEASTS. Level 30 is all fine and good, but 20 of them tearing JELKALA's garrisons to shreds? Not fun.

This two, plus the fact that the native Lords don't get any extra goodies, means that from the 50th day on they stand NO chance against the player character whatsoever.

I have a sugggestion: Since this is a horror mod anyway, why not make a Sword of Damocles/Native Expansion-style uber-undead invasion of up to several thousand creeps? Or some Expanded Gameplay/Prophesy of Pendor-like super spawn of several hundred creeps? All the more to harvest corpses with, and create a real sense of danger, as in "Getting the Necronomicon and several dozen Destroyers is just the beginning"?

i put off playin this mod for a while, i think bcos of lack of kingdom management but im not sure

all i can say is that im really enjoying it- my nephew stayed up all last night playing it

i had a force of 36 and took a castle of 110 men but I lost 12 (my force was mostly destroyers)

my battle size is set at about 150

I dont think id lose that many if they were huscarls

if it's too easy you can set limits on yourself or tweak the game with the modding tool to make it more to your liking (making enemy parties larger etc)

von mistont talked on and off for a long time about making a player-necromancer version of SoD but it hasnt materialised yet and I love being evil and this mod is giving me pretty much everything im after

im gonna look for other small mods I can add to it to see if I can improve the experience a little, on the kingdom management side

This mod is meant to be overpowered. The necromancer is an unstoppable force of the unliving among the living lands. Death is everywhere. Wield the power of death or die to the blades of the undead.

Not that playing a virtuous, non-necromantic character wouldn't be fun; to combat the undead hordes with a living army. It might lead to ultimate disaster, haven't really tested how well the high-tier living soldiers do against the mod hordes.

About kingdom management, that could happen in the future, you never know.

Don't confuse easy with badass. If you don't enjoy carving entire legions down with a Devourer sword or Guillotine, I would say the point of this mod has been lost.

Heads on a pike! :twisted:

N0ught said:
This mod is meant to be overpowered. The necromancer is an unstoppable force of the unliving among the living lands. Death is everywhere. Wield the power of death or die to the blades of the undead.

Not that playing a virtuous, non-necromantic character wouldn't be fun; to combat the undead hordes with a living army. It might lead to ultimate disaster, haven't really tested how well the high-tier living soldiers do against the mod hordes.

About kingdom management, that could happen in the future, you never know.

Don't confuse easy with badass. If you don't enjoy carving entire legions down with a Devourer sword or Guillotine, I would say the point of this mod has been lost.

Heads on a pike! :twisted:

Ah, I see. What a pity then - what I had in mind when playing this mod is "Is it at all possible to use the force of evil for the purpose of good?" Which is moot since the other force of evil isn't all that tough.

As for the living armies vs. undead, the general consensus is that there is nothing a Swadian Knight charge led by a high-Tactics hero cannot achieve. Haven't tried it yet, since the lords never bring more than 10 elite per 100 troops.

BTW, is it just me or does the Devourer Sword look like FF VII Cloud's Buster Sword, only black?

I had the same thoughts about this being too easy, but I read Nought's other postings and it is to be easy.  Death is meant to conquer all in the end.  As for a  kingdom for the undead, it might be wiser to make all the nations undead with each having their own little quirks that makes them better than the other ones. :twisted:

(Just no Kergit undead, they make a better last FOREVER and are horrible at sieges.) :mad:

Try saying its easy when you fight the Khergits or the Vaegirs and get permakilled by a lucky shot.

Epic mod is epic.

Even tho there's no kingdom management i;ve started to take over rhodoks - something i've never tried with any other mod or native.

I used tweak to increase party size/leadership/prisoner numbers and also increased lord/bandit party size (altho i dont think the lords parties are that much bigger than b4)

It's pretty enjoyable as I can get 200-250 prisoners + corpses from decent battles and instantly populate my new holdings.

In one way, maybe kingdom management isnt needed - I mean are zombies going to be able to collect taxes or any intelligent work? No. You might have dark servants that could perform duties tho.

Extra features that i've been thinking of would make the mod more fun and possibly the best m&b mod around.

Stop complaining about how 'easy' it is. Do you see Arthas complaining about how easy it was to raise the Damned to conquer Northrend? Then whining about how bored he is sitting on that frozen thrown of his, until some random group of adventurers decked out in overpowered gear comes in and kills him?

Seriously, like he says, it's meant to be overpowered. We're supposed to feel awesome, epic, and destructive.

Onasaki said:
Stop complaining about how 'easy' it is. Do you see Arthas complaining about how easy it was to raise the Damned to conquer Northrend? Then whining about how bored he is sitting on that frozen thrown of his, until some random group of adventurers decked out in overpowered gear comes in and kills him?

Seriously, like he says, it's meant to be overpowered. We're supposed to feel awesome, epic, and destructive.

I'm sorry, you seem to have categorized Arthas as cool.

N0ught said:

I LOVE playing a "normal" M&B character and figthing the undead.  Yesterday my guy helped a group of 11 Manhunters fight a horde of 88 undead.  We lost, but it was ****ing great!

hmmm this IS kinda easy but it's honestly the most challenging mod I've found as of yet... I'll be posting my badass screenshots in the screenshot thread soon as I finish taking them and uploading 'em to imageshack.

Back
Top Bottom