New weapons that you would like

Users who are viewing this thread

Hmm, flails and moringstars yes.

Fire arrows. Maybe poison tipped arrows. Attack a party, fire a volley of arrows, run away, and then most of them die. Very underhanded, would make bendits a bit more annoying :smile:

Guns, meh. If they're so ineffective, why would anybody actually use them in the game? Sure it looks cool when your guys run out of the smoke, but then no so cool when they're mowed down by crossbowmen :grin:

Blackspirit said:
Hmm, flails and moringstars yes.

Fire arrows. Maybe poison tipped arrows. Attack a party, fire a volley of arrows, run away, and then most of them die. Very underhanded, would make bendits a bit more annoying :smile:

Guns, meh. If they're so ineffective, why would anybody actually use them in the game? Sure it looks cool when your guys run out of the smoke, but then no so cool when they're mowed down by crossbowmen :grin:

Maybe if some kind of psychology and morale where implemented. Fire them guns and watch the enemy run away just to be run down by your cavalry :wink:

dadarkman said:
we also need dogs :twisted: (dogs? yes dogs, they where used back than)

If other animals are being added, I'd like a war elephant. Riding around on one of those shooting at things with Marnid and Borcha would be cool.

When is the game set? Approximately anyway, this is a fictional setting, but from the armours i would have guessed early 2nd millenium (1100s and 1200s). And what the hell is a "sniper crossbow" doing in this game? Surely that's out of place. And technically i think a "Latch" crossbow is what we generally consider a "light" crossbow, where an "Arbalest" is generally considered to be the big mofo with the winding gear. Heavy crossbows would be nice.

And what the hell is a "sniper crossbow" doing in this game

Maybe its something like "Porshe". maybe everybody in the kingdom wants a "Sniper" crossbow because of its excellent construction, high damage, and long range. :grin:

Something of of branding. In medieval times, didn't smiths and craftsmen mark there work with a "brand"....

Im for flails too. And guns? why not. add arbuequses. they were so innaccurate that you needed to be within say 10-15 meters from the target and sometimes miss still. sure hits would be around 5 meters. huge amount of smoke and long reload times, but do a lot of damage.

Pilum? againg, why not. sort of a heavy javelin, also usable in hand to hand if possible.

Fire arrows? Yes, most definently. longer reload time and less accuracy, but a good hit lights the enemy up in flames! BUAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
:twisted: :twisted:

Viking weapons like huge one handed axes, for units like huscarls, jomsvikings, berserkers.
If a desert faction would be added:
Nafta: a mixture of oil and a few other ingredients in a small clay "bomb" wich sets the enemy on fire.
Scimitars,

please dont beat me to death fro saying this, but if you wanted some good ideas... :oops: look at diablo 2 they have a good variety....

:oops: please dont stone me to death

D2 is IMO a great game, but what kind of ideas you mean. The weapons are the same always, but with different names. Some (most) of them are not even real weapons. And no we (at least I) will not stone you to death... an acid bath 'ill do.
EDIT: 100. post :smile:

Sir Jodi said:
Im for flails too. And guns? why not. add arbuequses. they were so innaccurate that you needed to be within say 10-15 meters from the target and sometimes miss still. sure hits would be around 5 meters. huge amount of smoke and long reload times, but do a lot of damage.

Pilum? againg, why not. sort of a heavy javelin, also usable in hand to hand if possible.

Fire arrows? Yes, most definently. longer reload time and less accuracy, but a good hit lights the enemy up in flames! BUAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
:twisted: :twisted:

Viking weapons like huge one handed axes, for units like huscarls, jomsvikings, berserkers.
If a desert faction would be added:
Nafta: a mixture of oil and a few other ingredients in a small clay "bomb" wich sets the enemy on fire.
Scimitars,

Guns. Something small scale and rare. I saw this MTG card of a knight with a sword and old handgun, and it is one of the most impressive fantasy drawings I've ever seen. Emphasis on fantasy, since moaning and *****ing would follow otherwise.

Pilums? Certainly.

Flame arrows. The damage dealt against a target doesn't change a lot, since the burning thingy on the arrow slows it down. But, as I have said a million times, lighting patches of dry grass on fire would be good.

Huge weapons? IMO no. Most fantasy games/illustrations/movies have
real big and unwieldy HTH weapons. It's as though just because they are twohanded they have to be ultimate penis extensions.

Naphta? could be. As long as it doesn't unbalance things too much

oh well so much for that idea,

how about small hand crossbow that could be reloaded from horse back.

I hear that may be historicly accurate.

Oh, and Yeoman: they had crossbows that could be reloaded from horseback, but they were fairly weak affairs used for hunting, as they had to be spanned by hand.
You could probably mannage a crows-foot from horseback, but that would be noticably slower and more difficult than it would be on foot.

Destichado arent you also a member of the Armour Archives?

I am, great friendly place

I dont really see a point to having guns if they are gonna be complete crap and dont do anything. I dont think its worth the work on armagan's and alphabeta77's part to make it so you guys can be amazed for 5 minutes. I'm sure after awhile they will just ba an annoyance

Im sure many people will create tons of mods for these crazy stuff. :smile:

Oh yeah, question, i keep seeing these posts about time periods, i dont think there IS a specific time period here. Its based off of all sorts of period armour and weaponry. if you notics some stuff ISNT exactly historical. Just like there are no elbows or gauntlets on the armour.

Still a great game, not great, COMPLETELY AWESOME.

Destichado said:
Oh.. let's see.

Maybe a Flail, and a Footman's Flail too! Maybe a partizan , some variety in the way of our axes, a nice Glave, maybe even a Bohemean Earspoon just for laughs...

Oh, and halbards. What Kind of Halbard were you Thinking of? :smile:

I'd also like to see a ZVEIHANDER or three. :grin:
And while I'm making my wishlist, a Grosse Messer (aka Kreigmesser -the two-hander) or other forms of Two-Handed Sabers. May we have a Schiavona too?

Example Illustrations Included! Click the links.

I prefer the middle halberd. Also the two handed sabers look great

Kniggit said:
Destichado arent you also a member of the Armour Archives?
I am. Yes, I noticed you, too. :wink:
In fact, I make guys like Jeff J and Charlotte look like newbies. :cool: (Nevermind that post count!) Can you believe it's been half a decade?
The Archive, and SFI and AF and MyArmoury and Firestryker... I get around. :razz:

My brother suggests a Godendag, or a Holy Water Sprinkler (two-handed footman's maces). I think we're covered, but hey. Variety is good.
thinking of which, I do not like the new "Uniforms" for the nationalities. :cry:

Oh yes a smaller crossbow for mounted use is historically correct enough. The Italian city states used mounted crossbowmen fairly extensively.

But even bigger crossbows could be used, if they were not too heavy. Add a footstep and a loadinghook and you have all you need to load a crossbow mounted. Insert foot in step, put hook around string and pull. A small crossbow could thus be loaded on horseback.

So I want:

Cavalry Crossbows: Another line of crossbows with increasing power, but never as strong and never as fast in reload as normal crossbows.

Arbalest: Big bad crossbow with metal string. Slow reload but massive power and range.

Flails: Selfexplainatory... Short stick with chain and ball with or without spikes on it (blunt or piercing). High power and speed, short range (80 or so).

Short Swords: Fast, deadly thrust, weak slash, can block, short range (70 or so).

Pavise Shields: Big protective shields, not useable in melee, no protection while moving. Protects crossbowmen (you could add archers as well but they reload so fast and can move about) during reload, heavy encumberance.

Halbards and Bills: Selfexplainatory. Long range, but not as long as the better spears.

And of course, more scimitars and the like.

and two handed double edge axes that with alot of strength can us on horse back and one handed....I a real Viking

Back
Top Bottom