Mount&Blade Module System Manager {0.4.7} | By Swyter

Users who are viewing this thread

Swyter

Grandmaster Knight
▧What is that?
A fast, useful, little, coding tool for the daily use.

▧Why I should use it?
It does nothing extra. Simply speeds up the entire coding process by adding some rapid shortcuts.
Your coding will never be the same...

▧How I use it?
I've programmed it with Notepad ++ in mind, it's the perfect partner. And both are portable and free.
Simply run my app, anyway, anywhere and you're done. It's linked with the user's shell.

▧Story
Inspired mainly in the oldie Thorgrim's MBdev this comes with lots of enhancements from the personal tool
that I'm using for programming/testing/debugging the Star Wars Conquest module.
So basically I'm releasing a little polished version of a private dev team app.

Download
V0.4.7 Windows XP/Vista/7/Linux (4.67 mb) Changelog Here(29 July 2011) (Huge v0.4.6)

Last edited by a moderator:
  ▧Screenies
      A screenie is worth a thousand words...  :wink:

Easy on-the-fly file selection list:
msys_manager.png

Compile it's now more easy than ever:
msys_screenie.png

Ultra easy, automatic, one-second setup:
msys_screenie2.png

GetAssista said:
Does not recognize my module system.
There are several new py files in there but all the standard ones are in place

Have you configured it?
It only list the module_????.py ones. Into the team we've never had problems.
Can you send me a copy, so I can fix it? Also possible suggestions are welcomed.

Don't worry, on second startup it works fine.

Can I make it so that some of py-s don't appear in the dropdown menu? I usually need a subset of MS to switch between :smile:
And I have several more py-s than standard MS

GetAssista said:
Don't worry, on second startup it works fine.

Oh, of course. I forgot comment that the settings are applied on restart  :roll:
Hope you find it useful, note that you can enlarge the dialog for extra buttons, usually hidden for space saving by default.

GetAssista said:
Can I make it so that some of py-s don't appear in the dropdown menu? I usually need a subset of MS to switch between :smile: 
And I have several more py-s than standard MS

Yes, simply rename it to modulex_???.py or so, the trick is broke the module_???.py naming structure, which tries to return the algorithm. And I've also some extra duplicated msys files haha. Backup measures..  :wink:

Swyter said:
Yes, simply rename it to modulex_???.py or so, the trick is broke the module_???.py naming structure, which tries to return the algorithm.
Hmm.. no, I meant keeping MS as it is ofc. Else I could just move files in Windows, eh? :wink:

I'm talking about prechosen sets of files to be visible in dd menu, so that you not waste time on looking through all the other files E.g. when I work with troops, I need items,troops,party_templates,constants. When I do scripting, I need scripts, constants, menus. Etc

Edit: although, on second thought,  NP++ does this just fine with its own folds. Disregard :smile:

Another useless/weird/spyware/insane/awesome (choose the correct option! hint: it's the last one... :mrgreen:) program from Swyter...
I disliked the original MBDev. Couldn't work properly. Downloading this.

EDIT: Nope, doesn't change the opened file. Tries to open it with Python (through the cmd) instead of N++. And, in fact, I don't need shortcuts. N++ has such built-in. The compile button worked well, though. :smile:

Lumos said:
Another useless/weird/spyware/insane/awesome (choose the correct option! hint: it's the last one... :mrgreen: ) program from Swyter...
I disliked the original MBDev. Couldn't work properly. Downloading this.

EDIT: Nope, doesn't change the opened file. Tries to open it with Python (through the cmd) instead of N++. And, in fact, I don't need shortcuts. N++ has such built-in. The compile button worked well, though. :smile:

Oh, c'mon Lumos, you just have to set your Windows to open python files with Notepad++ by default.
Use the file properties menu or simply go to Settings > Preferences > File Association > Public Script > .py in the NP++ window

Lumos said:
No. I like to be able to run python programs by double-clicking on them. :razz:
And I have "open with Notepad++" in the context menu, so...
lol haha. you're leaving my program on evidence... Good job. Don't make me force the evil and discourteous file binding for new versions.  :razz:

EDIT: Added a Screenshot's section on second reserved post:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131976.msg3180610.html#msg3180610

M&B MSYS MANAGER v0.2 RELEASED

Well, examining carefully the shortcomings of my program, I attempted to fix them all in a single release. Give it another chance.

✓ :: Now automatically saves and restores the toolbox window size and position.
  ✓ :: Auto-restart when applying changes. Thanks to [GetAssista]
  ✓ :: More Notepad++ friendly than ever. It will open your module sys. files, even if they're not linked. Without the 'evil and discourteous' forcing.  Thanks to [Lumos]
    ✓ :: Intense optimizations
    ✓ :: Weight reduced 37KB

Click Here, or use the first post button for downloading a single, portable useful coding tool.

Hmph. You made me download it again... :smile:
But in Notepad++ I have my tabs ordered specifically (header_operations, module_constants, module_mission_templates, game_menus, items, troopes, parties, party_templates, factions, and the rest are aphabetical.)...
Otherwise, good job. Thanks for mentioning me... hehe.

Lumos said:
Hmph. You made me download it again... :smile:
But in Notepad++ I have my tabs ordered specifically (header_operations, module_constants, module_mission_templates, game_menus, items, troopes, parties, party_templates, factions, and the rest are aphabetical.)...
Otherwise, good job.

It doesn't affect the tab order, you select it in the list and Notepad++ will jump to the the selected tab, so you don't waste time looking for it. I call it "Jesus 2.0"  :smile:

Lumos said:
Thanks for mentioning me... hehe.

lol, I made those changes for your private benefice. Yours "you're leaving my program on evidence" are wisely hated appreciated.

apsod said:
This looks very usefull :grin: I will try it for sure someday :grin: Good work :grin:

Thank you. Don't worry and give me some ideas for plugin this! I've planned to expand this with useful WYSIWYGs item/troop/menus/map icons/quest code templates.

Don't be shy and write down all you uber-cool ideas!

GetAssista said:
I already gave you an idea :wink: customizable lists to appear in the drop down menu instead of all py files. And the ability to save those lists ofc

Yeah, thank you Assista... this is the very first thing I've in my to do PosIt. This crappy code have some potential. I'm gonna squeeze it to the 120%  :smile:

But also I want to give thanks again to Lumos, this time his awesome MiB, it have unofficially inspired me for adding an unlimited script assistant buffet. You know, programming in python but with some automatic advantages previously only reachable by TXT editors. Go msysters!  :wink:

If you want an idea I have one, but it would take really much work to do. I saw the drop down menu, and I don't know exactly what is does, but I had something similar in my mind. My idea goes like this you have a drop down menu in every file. So if you are coding in script.txt and you want to know what places in contains  you just use the drop down menu to see what different places that exist in the script.txt, and if you click on one of them you will be taken to that place in the file.

apsod said:
If you want an idea I have one, but it would take really much work to do. I saw the drop down menu, and I don't know exactly what is does, but I had something similar in my mind. My idea goes like this you have a drop down menu in every file. So if you are coding in script.txt and you want to know what places in contains  you just use the drop down menu to see what different places that exist in the script.txt, and if you click on one of them you will be taken to that place in the file.
Interesting, good hint, this may require hooking the Notepad++ framework. And I don't know it can be done directly, if this is feasible I'll add it.
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom