Source code

Users who are viewing this thread

Dragoon Fire

Recruit
Hey, first off, this is a great mod. Very very fun. I love it and its pretty much the only mod I play anymore.

There are however, a few things I would personally do to the game, and make new adaptations based on my own opinion and likes. So I was wondering, is there anyway you could release the source code? I wish only to add some of my own features and a new "Napoleonic" feel to the mod. It would be just for me and I wouldnt release it or anything like that.

But I understand if its a no.

Good job on the mod so far tho (:

So far N0ughts opinion on this was that he doesn't like using other peoples stuff and doesn't like others using his.

SXIII said:
So far N0ughts opinion on this was that he doesn't like using other peoples stuff and doesn't like others using his.

What he said.

Deep down in every modder I think there is the fear that someone will take your mod and do something totally ridiculous with it, and then make their version available to the public. This can cause confusion at the very least, and loss of interest in the original mod.

Promises are one thing - the ability to release a  new version of a mod anyway, once you have the source code, is another. Someone can PROMISE me that their version of "My Little Pony & Shade" will never hit the forums - but then one day I may find that people like PINK mounts better than my Nightmares. :shock:

Besides, after the attitude I have displayed over the years about my modding ability, I allow no chinks in my armor. The instant I drop my guard someone will try to one-up me. That simply wont happen as long as I guard my mods like a dragon on a pile of gold. :mrgreen:

But I do appreciate the enthusiasm, and I hope you all keep playing and enjoying the most evil mod out there. I have put a LOT of time into it, and it is actually starting to resemble a well-oiled machine. I should have a bugfix version available soon, so keep hunting for those bugs and reporting them!

Back
Top Bottom