ON HOLD - Pike & Blade Merged v3.3.2 (Needs to be updated to 1.143/DP 4.1)

Users who are viewing this thread

Kogara

Sergeant
This is the official merge of Diplomacy + Pike & Blade, I hope you enjoy it!

About the upcoming update: I'll probably have to wait until Diplomacy its self is updated to the latest patch. According to the moderator here, an update should be coming soon. After that, I should be able to whip up a quick update to the merge for you guys. Sorry for the inconvenience, but that's how it is :smile:.

NEWSFLASH: Imgran is working on a new version called "Pike & Blade Reboot", download links will be below. Imgran could really use your support testing and tweaking this version. Please give it a look if you have the time. Keep in mind that there has been no news of a new Diplomacy version, and P&B will most likely not be updated anytime soon either, so this is a unique opportunity to get some new blood in to this project! Thank you for your time and any assistance you can offer.

Have a nice day!

*Note for the blind: The link directly below is the reboot version by Imgran, for the original P&B+DP merge, scroll down a bit further :wink:. Thanks!

P.S. I'm really enjoying the reboot! Haven't got to play it too much yet, though :wink:. I'll see about getting a feature list up soonish!

Download Pike & Blade Reboot v1.3 here: [DOWNLOAD] [TROOP TREE BUGFIX]

News: Version 3.3.2 is now up and ready to go. See change log below for details.

Thank you for waiting patiently, I hope you enjoy the latest merge. (End of news)

IMPORTANT: The link may give you a "temporarily unavailable" error, if this happens, just click it again. No idea why its doing this, but the link still technically works.

DP/PB Merge version 3.3.2: Download Here -- REQUIRES PATCH 1.134

IMPORTANT: ALWAYS Check the TweakMB thread to make sure its compatible with the current patch version!!

Change Log in Spoiler!

* bugfix: regarding notifications about war declaration/relation changes when taking prisoners
    * bugfix: guards of other factions shouldn't have your kingdom culture anymore

* bugfix: notifications about war declaration/relation changes when taking prisoners

* changed the patrol faction
    * tuned down affiliation relation hits
    * pay money to avoid a fight
    * bugfix: emissary and script error
    * move to 1.134
    * polish translation by Dravic
    * turkish translation by ultracemre
Sorry the code appears broken? (Unconfirmed)
In the meantime allow me to suggest this http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,152114.0.html
Just install over your DP+PB install
Problem? Ask.
This merge is compatible with the following, and probably others -

Utrehd's Music Pack v.0.8
Utrehd's Castle Pack v.0.32
Better Banners Mod
Arena Overhaul mod
If its not listed, please ask in thread.

Thank you for your patience.  :grin:

- Enjoy!

Original Pike & Blade Thread: Found Here (See first post for mod details)

Credits -

Waihti - Creator of Diplomacy

Aeon221 - Creator of Pike & Blade

Tokashi - For providing the files to fix the upgrade paths, the bane of this merge since day one. (More then once)

after downloading the mod i have only one question:

what have you done to the horses?

some feel like lame cows (speed 33 manouver 25  :shock:) while other are so fast that it looks ridiculous (speed 60) on the battlefield, its like watching a movie at double speed.

i think you wanted to point out the diference between the cheap and the expensive horses but i would say thats to much. a minimum speed of 40 and max of ~55 should be better, they are at least horses.

possum said:

some feel like lame cows (speed 33 manouver 25  :shock:) while other are so fast that it looks ridiculous (speed 60) on the battlefield, its like watching a movie at double speed.

i think you wanted to point out the diference between the cheap and the expensive horses but i would say thats to much. a minimum speed of 40 and max of ~55 should be better, they are at least horses.

I am a merger, not the creator of either mod. The horse stats were tweaked individually to be, - quote "rebalanced horses to be faster, chargier, less maneuverable and less armored"- end quote, this was a good change in my opinion, but that is as I said, just my opinion. Keep in mind that Waihti's changes are still there. (i.e. Health effects speed, so a horse who has been hurt will move slower, etc.)

Now, if you'd like, you can revert these changes, but I wouldn't suggest it as it part of the balance changes. Simply copy all the horses (not including tourney' or training horses) from the item_kinds.txt file from either native or diplomacy (preferably diplomacy, don't know if anything was changed there) and replace the ones in the merged versions item_kinds.txt, your horses will then go back to native stats (or if Waihti changed something without me knowing, back to Waihtive...eh-heh)

Feel free to leave your speed suggestion on the Pike & Blade thread (Link is in OP), Aeon, the creator, is MIA right now but he may still get to see it.

I hope you enjoy this merge despite the horses bugging you  :wink:

Edit: Let me know if you have any more questions, or need any help, especially with the horses. I'm typing this in a rush :razz: *runs around trying to get things done*

Kogara said:
Now, if you'd like, you can revert these changes, but I wouldn't suggest it as it part of the balance changes. Simply copy all the horses (not including tourney' or training horses) from the item_kinds.txt file from either native or diplomacy (preferably diplomacy, don't know if anything was changed there) and replace the ones in the merged versions item_kinds.txt, your horses will then go back to native stats (or if Waihti changed something without me knowing, back to Waihtive...eh-heh)

nothing changed with horses in the item_kinds.txt. should work.

Didn't think so, but couldn't be sure what was all touched when you did that low hp = slower horse deal. Kudos on that by the way....

possum said:

the horses are fine, you know that you do get that fast horses in RL too :wink:

I love the horses in Pike and Blade, they are balanced.

Tokashi said:
possum said:

the horses are fine, you know that you do get that fast horses in RL too :wink:

I love the horses in Pike and Blade, they are balanced.

i have absolutly nothing against realistic horse speed... as long as it fits into the gameplay.

it just looks a bit strange because the animations has been made for a lower speed. the player animations are bound to the horse animation. the faster the horse is moving, the faster the player movement on the horse.

and

the maps a so small that the fast horses will reach you even before you are able to set up your troops.

but the mod is good so i think i will get used to it with time.

Some are yes, but in the open desert, and even some of the more open, lightly wooded flat lands, you actually have a lot of room for the faster horses. The way I see it, the faster lightly armored, hard to maneuver horses, are good for high speed hit and run lancing, or a well timed swing of a weapon, which is devastating. Where as the slower, more armored horses, are good for getting in there with a swinging weapon, as well, depending on the horse, busting up groups of infantry with a charge.

So yeah, I like the way the horses work now.  :smile:

And sometimes, on those more open maps, it can be kind of scary to see a Horde of Khergit lancers charging at your forces  :neutral:

Love it!

The new horses make things more interesting.. .So do the new troop trees, khergits have been helped. AI rhodoks and Saranids are a little weaker in my experience.

Cheers,

Gerard

Glad you like it!

As for the AI, it seems to go differently every new game or two. In my last game the Sarrinds were kicking the Khergits out of their homes, and the Rhodoks were a 1/4th of the way into Swadian lands. But other times I've played they don't gain much ground, if anyway.

Its weird, but keeps things interesting I guess.

i got the following errors while i was traveling around. was not in a battle and the last battle i fought was nearly a half day ago (maybe more)

49e59932d103.jpg

d7e2c790a0d0.jpg

guess it will have nothing to do with it but i changed the map size and made the cattle to follow me with tweak mb. everything else is as it was.

possum said:
i got the following errors while i was traveling around. was not in a battle and the last battle i fought was nearly a half day ago (maybe more)

49e59932d103.jpg

d7e2c790a0d0.jpg

guess it will have nothing to do with it but i changed the map size and made the cattle to follow me with tweak mb. everything else is as it was.

I've noticed this as well, but with Diplomacy. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the patrols, but I am unaware of what it is exactly. As long as no random crashes occur it should be fine.

Just wanted to point out that this mod would be amazing if it was merged with the 23 companions mod for diplomacy. I dont think much needs to be changed and it would allow people to build a stronger faction without having to recruit enemy lords. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,130428.0.html

Raistlain said:
Just wanted to point out that this mod would be amazing if it was merged with the 23 companions mod for diplomacy. I dont think much needs to be changed and it would allow people to build a stronger faction without having to recruit enemy lords. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,130428.0.html

currently you can have 7 companions without getting any conflicts. isnt that enough to start a kingdom?

Yes you can start your own faction, but you only hablve 6 companions that are noble. But if you start your own kingdom you would only have 6 lords opposed to the 20+ that each faction has already. That means the only way to match them is to recruit lots of enemy lords which is extremely difficult. This would serve to allow a player to have more lords and still let the enemy factions have all their lords making bigger battle. The new companions are expensive and so dont unbalance anything and dont have tp be used. It offers more options and possibly bigger battles. Having 15-20 lords as opposed to the 6. Plus we keep all the benedits of this mod.

The difficult part makes it a lot more fun for me, if it is too easy then I get bored. That is why I love Pike and Blade so much :wink:

Diplomacy makes it a lot easier for you to get Lords for your kingdom, almost too easy for my taste.

For example, I have recruited 3 lords from the Rhodoks Faction, they had castles and when they gone to my side the castle and village were also part of my faction ( it made the Rhodok king very very mad, and it is part of the game ), I got 3 castles without losing 1 troop :wink:

The 20+ companion mod sounds nice and someone can merge it with Pike and Blade + Diplomacy merge but I would not want it to be part of the current merge.

Maybe when Kogara got some more time to do another merge then he can do it but I would rather just play the current diplomacy & Pike and Blade merge

Back
Top Bottom