SP Native Crouching-mod version 1.0 reliesed!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Highlander

Marquis
Crouching Mod - released!!! I hope you will enjoy my mod and have a lot of fun ... and crouch a lot

there may be some changes in the next time
I hope I find a way for a better control (f.ex. replacing jumping)

I'm sure you know this situation: You're attacking a party of about 20 crossbowmen, all your men are running after someone very unimportant and you are riding around the enemys and kill one after another, when suddenly your horse dies and of course you have no shield and there is no hill you can hide behind, so everybody is shooting at you.
:???: Is this the end? NO!!! In my mod you are able to crouch - and that makes it a lot harder to for the enemies to kill you with crossbows or bows :mrgreen:

Features:
-crouching by pressing the right mouse bottom without any weapons/shields in the hand (I'm sorry I didn't mention to add this feature wirhout replacing any other movement - I don't know if it is possible)
-of course Janus Arena expansion  :mrgreen: because I love it

Adding to another mod:
very easy, you only have to copy "skeletons.brf" from the resource folder and add it in the one of your mod and you have to change this line from "module_info"
"load_resource = skeletons"
to
"load_module_resource = skeletons"
I hope thats not too difficult -.- otherwise sent me a pm and ask for better explanation :razz:

here a nice screenshot:

Ohh I thought that was a hunchback at first. :grin: Good idea for a feature though, not sure how much I'd use it personally.

yes it costs much time to change the weapon it would be more usefull if you could crouch with "Strg" or "C" but I don't thing that is possable

Highlander said:
yes it costs much time to change the weapon it would be more usefull if you could crouch with "Strg" or "C" but I don't thing that is possable
What about the F-key? Or, hell, why not replace jumping?

jeansberg said:
Highlander said:

the first time I replaced rumping but I didn't mind that this guy still jumped in the air while crouching, that looked veeerry stupid :lol:
Edit: Another big problem was that jumping is only for a few seconds so your character would crouch also only a few seconds

Arvid said:
Use the Ctrl key, like all the other games ?

you could change the defend control to "Strg" that should work but you have to keep in mind that all other defends (with shields or weapons) would also change to "Strg"

Highlander said:
jeansberg said:
Highlander said:

the first time I replaced rumping but I didn't mind that this guy still jumped in the air while crouching, that looked veeerry stupid :lol:
Cannonball!

Good idea! Sadly it's hard to replace it with jumping, because the character height change isn't caused by animation.

jeansberg said:
Damn. What if you could make Ctrl+R trigger something else when not on horseback?
isn't possable thats an animaton of the horse not the human
also there is the same problem as at jumping it's only for a few seconds

Is it just me or does it seem that this is impossible to balance properly? There is no way you could dodge an arrow from a properly fired bow at any fairly close distance from your oponent (eg most situations in M&B)

EbonKnight said:
Is it just me or does it seem that this is impossible to balance properly? There is no way you could dodge an arrow from a properly fired bow at any fairly close distance from your oponent (eg most situations in M&B)
It's not to dodge an arrow -I think nobody could react that fast- It's sensless to try to fight alone against a hole crossbowmen-party without horse or shield.
It's more to wait without dieing untill your own men have arrived or to run away
It's much easyer to do that without dieing with crouching - I tested

Back
Top Bottom