Diamonds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchmon

Sergeant
Please make Diamonds a little less rare, cuse I have been Graverobbing for about 2 months everywhere and no Diamond and have check Merchants, I can't make that Bust or Phillhopsers stone.

I guess you was just a little unlucky.
I ve played 4 games alltogether 30 hours since the release (yes i got too much time, no rest for the wicked),
and i got the first diamond after 2 to 3 weeks (from graverobbing).
The diggin is, like it should be imo, very random.
Usually i get spammed with silver, yesterday i was searching for silver for 5 ingame weeks and crossed the
map from Sargoth to Veluca where i finally found a merchant who sells one.

Mitchmon said:
Please make Diamonds a little less rare, cuse I have been Graverobbing for about 2 months everywhere and no Diamond and have check Merchants, I can't make that Bust or Phillhopsers stone.

There is a 1 in 256 chance of finding diamonds while digging, and a little bit better than that to find them in a shop. Since shop inventories refresh more-or-less randomly, this somewhat evens up the chances, and keeps them rare. Which is necessary.

Think about it realistically though: you are standing in a graveyard with a shovel, and there are MANY graves - what are the chances that digging one up randomly will produce a diamond ring at all, for instance? And then what are the chances the hapless former owner didn't know it was really a zirconia (read: crystal, in Solid and Shade) or that an unscrupulous mortician had not swapped the real one for a bit of pretty glass? The latter actually happens in real life more than you want to know...

Besides, The Necronomicon basically has two halves, and keeping the second half the "dammit I wanna burn my zombies but cant yet" half is part of the fun. And the only way to keep that suspense is by keeping Philosopher Stone rare. Look at how long you said you searched - do you REALLY think a badass necromancer is going to balk after a couple of months of searching? We're talking about the ability to turn iron to gold here.

Also, if diamonds were more common, everyone would be an Artificer - right now, the cost of six Philosopher Stones amounts to a necromantic retirement fund, though it is much easier to get diamonds after you make the first one due to making tons of money off of transmuting iron. This prompts a search for the weapon Torque, since it can be traded directly for the set (and you should probably have it anyway for your sieges later in the game) - on the other hand this also forces you to try to defeat Artificer parties, which are pretty hardcore now. See how that works? A series of diabolical choices. It's insane and therefore perfect. :twisted:

Because of the thin chances involved in this mod, each game becomes rather unique. Will you find Medusa's Head or the Horseman set? Who the hell knows. I like the way it works.

Locking topic... *snip!*

MODERATOR EDIT: There is no town with lots of diamonds, unless maybe if you cause a glitch by making the mistake of using an old savegame with a new version of my mod. As your comment could have been misconstrued as information I have edited it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom