Author Topic: The Philosopher Stone - Report Bugs Here  (Read 65574 times)

Last_Pariah

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
Re: The Philosopher Stone - Report Bugs Here
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2010, 09:45:05 PM »
Both were the current version.

N0ught

• View Profile
    • n0ughtm1nuszer0
  • Faction: Bandit
  • MP nick: N0ught
  • M&BWB
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2010, 10:01:53 PM »
Yeah I don't know really - are you saving to an external drive? Sometimes corruption can happen there...

What exactly is the error when it crashes?

It sounds to me like its simply a case of a corrupted file, at first glance.

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster... and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

N0ught

• View Profile
    • n0ughtm1nuszer0
  • Faction: Bandit
  • MP nick: N0ught
  • M&BWB
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2010, 10:18:30 PM »
On another note, I have fixed the shovel bug and the eyes of the Shadowlord's Eclipse, and a couple other things that will be going into the next patch; likely just a bugfix this time around.

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster... and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Berpol

• Grandmaster Knight
    • View Profile
  • M&B
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2010, 10:22:15 AM »
Strange thing happened with a new game:
I dismembered a corpse and had not enough room in my inventory. Instead of loosing the last three body parts they replaced the first three things in my inventory - including my Necronomicon. A reload of my save game fixed it of course but I never tried that again :?

I'm not sure if it is the newest version but as it does include the abomination variants it should be Version 16.13
Schadenfreude ist die ehrlichste Form von Mitleid.

SXIII

• Knight
  • This world is not enough.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2010, 10:54:37 AM »
That is a known bug. The solution to avoid this happening is not to have your best/most important items at the top but at the bottom instead (turn your inventory upside down - on the second thought that might be actually even more practical as when you colect loot and sell it at towns you don't have to scroll down as often as you have to now).

Berpol

• Grandmaster Knight
    • View Profile
  • M&B
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2010, 12:05:29 PM »
That is a known bug. The solution to avoid this happening is not to have your best/most important items at the top but at the bottom instead (turn your inventory upside down - on the second thought that might be actually even more practical as when you collect loot and sell it at towns you don't have to scroll down as often as you have to now).
Actually I usually do that, it only happened because I started a new game.

Last_Pariah

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2010, 02:05:30 AM »
My save game file was corrupted again. That's the third time and both files were corrupted.  :( I'm not saving on an external hard drive or anything.

Berpol

• Grandmaster Knight
    • View Profile
  • M&B
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2010, 01:38:37 PM »
Not exactly bugs but:

The Blood Engines drop their Blood Cannon and ammunition as loot, as you removed most of the other equipment from loot you might want to do that here too (120 + 10 damage with a 99 shot magazine makes a nice weapon though).

The Shadowlord set includes a two-handed weapon and a shield but does not include a one-handed weapon (as you probably gave up the Usurper to get the set).

The Abomination's main weapon is usable both one- and two-handed so they get a penalty while using it one-handed (which they usually do), unless this is what you intended you might want to change it to one-handed weapon.

Warmaster Death

• Recruit
  • The ADHD Commando
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2010, 11:18:34 AM »
i have a castle under swadian control that i cannot lay seige to, as it says it is already under seige, i mean i chased off the Khan outside, and even persuaded the lord of the keep to betray harlaus, yet i cant seem to take this one castle (it and the town it controls are the only swadian places my rebellion hasnt scoured.)

Berpol

• Grandmaster Knight
    • View Profile
  • M&B
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2010, 02:28:36 PM »
i have a castle under swadian control that i cannot lay seige to, as it says it is already under seige, i mean i chased off the Khan outside, and even persuaded the lord of the keep to betray harlaus, yet i cant seem to take this one castle (it and the town it controls are the only swadian places my rebellion hasnt scoured.)
Did you wait long enough? The "Under Siege" status usually disappears at night - I guess it's usually checked every 24 hours.

Warmaster Death

• Recruit
  • The ADHD Commando
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2010, 02:25:55 AM »
Did you wait long enough? The "Under Siege" status usually disappears at night - I guess it's usually checked every 24 hours.
yeah, i feel like a right pillock! the under siege status dissapeared, i jsut had to wait till nightfall.

tenis15

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2010, 11:24:15 PM »
when i try to download every mod this comes up: !   C:\Users\Tommy\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\QPSNMJVU\WW2_China_Battlefield_3rd_Version_Feb_04[1].zip: Cannot create folder WW2 China Battlefield 3rd Version
!   Access is denied.
!   The system cannot find the path specified.
!   C:\Users\Tommy\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\QPSNMJVU\WW2_China_Battlefield_3rd_Version_Feb_04[1].zip: Cannot create WW2 China Battlefield 3rd Version\main.bmp
!   C:\Users\Tommy\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\QPSNMJVU\WW2_China_Battlefield_3rd_Version_Feb_04[1].zip: Cannot create WW2 China Battlefield 3rd Version\map.txt
Ik this is for china battlefield but it happend for you mod too

SXIII

• Knight
  • This world is not enough.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2010, 08:21:31 AM »
It's you computer settings that prevent you from downloading. You're probably using a guest account or have firewall or some other setting preventing you from downloading.

phamthienphong

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2010, 10:51:28 AM »
I'm not sure this is a bug but when i play as a necromancer i have a necromancer book and when my inventory is full i use "dissemble a corpse" and i lost my necromancer book ... sorry for my bad English ...   

Berpol

• Grandmaster Knight
    • View Profile
  • M&B
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2010, 12:09:16 PM »
I'm not sure this is a bug but when i play as a necromancer i have a necromancer book and when my inventory is full i use "dissemble a corpse" and i lost my necromancer book ... sorry for my bad English ...
See the post from SXIII above:
That is a known bug. The solution to avoid this happening is not to have your best/most important items at the top but at the bottom instead (turn your inventory upside down - on the second thought that might be actually even more practical as when you colect loot and sell it at towns you don't have to scroll down as often as you have to now).