The Legion Drum - Post Screenshots and Gameplay Videos Here

Users who are viewing this thread

In a world falling apart, the Road Least Traveled is often the Highest.

What this screenshot is of is probably less important than how it was taken.

AC2C7DF5557ACB07794120FB2D9815FCD12C968F

I screencapped this on Warband using the Steam Interface.

The Mountains of Madness rise from the South and West, splitting Calradia like a knife and locking the Heart Bay up like an Asylum's Bars. Terrain few would dare tread and even fewer see reason to.

Once, people talked about whirling dervishes, Sultanates built out of Spice, and a Calradia embracing the sea at many angles.  Now, in the dim of the new Dark Age people talk about how such things do not happen. How they will likely not happen again. And some speak- in the shadows, low whispers, and occasionally profane tongues- about how how they never existed in the first place.....

But perhaps the only thing people can agree about the lands of the South and West is that they are well and truly out of reach now. Like a warm, life-giving tongue locked away behind the most jagged teeth of all.

055B9FD7E88258A4BF48C2083E36BB98AB08FF44

D0DAAC0B318E58E0F9D3DD1928EC6355C9549DD3

=======================================

Sorry there's nothing exciting yet.

This is more of a proof of concept than anything else. A display of what the mod map looks like on the Warband conversion.

N0ught mentioned his issues with converting to Warband, one of which was the issue of Solid and Shade using the original M&B 1.011 maps rather than Warband's. This concern is actually unfounded; the method of conversion I use does not actually alter the map from its' M&B 1.011 original. And here is the proof.

The far South of the Map. Note the Lack of Sarranids, or even Sarranid territories.

N0ught said:
*Looks closely* It appears... yes... the Golem took an arrow in the knee - this was likely the fatal blow. In any case, we shall name him Boromir. :lol:

Just saw this and died laughing. Will now begin to pursue good screenshots to post.

Looks like what happens when you cheat up to level 30, then let time pass. Old Zendar explodes. :lol:

Not usually so much buildup otherwise. Funny though, that looks like just about every kind of necromancer party.

I have taken the liberty of, in the great tradition of mad science, making a creation out of the pieces of two separate creatures: in this case, edited Polished Landscapes (for Warband) and Solid and Shade, and I feel the effect is rather fitting.

The effect:
UvYCOq0.jpg
Also, I made a more experimental texture edit - nearly all environmental textures are completely washed out of color and strongly contrasted for a stylized, stark effect:
1Op4w4U.jpg
And frankly, I cannot decide if I like it or not. So... opinions?

First edit vs. Contrast:
Fx5ZZSX.jpg

lsH7WjS.jpg

f8GlR04.jpg

hwS5Kxv.jpg

wSGI2RC.jpg

They have the quicksave message because I have screenshotting mapped to Ctrl+F12, so it triggers.

Now that I had a break and seen them side by side, I personally think I like Contrast, but I need to fix the tree textures - my ludicrous contrast edit works well on the... I think they are supposed to be aspens, but the white lines on regular trees look more like graphical glitches - I've edited the offending texture now, gonna test it.

Also not included: lack of collisions on trees and rocks (because 1.011 does not allow to add them) and misplaced objects (because I didn't want to touch .sco files to avoid breaking S&S additions there).

The perma-overcast is the effect of just brutally greyscaling the PL cloudy skyboxes, incidentally - I'm impressed how big of a mood change it confers.

I always thought the tree is birch. It's a bit hard to tell the difference in the game.

Anyway, they both look neat, although it seems to me the contrast one might be easier on the eyes. Shame about the lack of collision though.

Here is collection of the mighty fires of Gods at their finest moments plus what I found funny
He's holding a javelin!

I feel bad for this guy

Zap!

It looks really hurt.  :ohdear:

af6334617014f52ab80adbb552b3e360.png
Once a proud and ruthless dark knight, fallen after hundreds of battles. now a mindless tool of necromancer. Forever live a dream of carnage.

Some pictures from newest version "Usherwood Ghosts"

The Bloody Banner, it reminds me of Humakt's Raven Banner from King of Dragon Pass, I enjoy killing fiends with it!
mb4_zpsbpqeevz3.png

This is quite a funny memory, I fought and vanquished a Lord from Rhodoks and he had a Lord of Vaegirs prisoner (Lord Khavel) so since they're at war and I'm (Swadia) am at war with both when I "freed" him this made my day!  :mrgreen: I forgot to take a screen from the insults and promises of having my head on a stake he made, sorry guys! haha!
mb10_zpsg7nekt2m.png

They either got a thunder to the head or the butt  :mrgreen:
mb8_zpsvijvvs1p.png

mb6_zps7z8sxtnh.png

mb5_zpsgmg5ijjv.png

mb7_zpsnlhtkbfp.png

The hordes of hell may be upon us.. But the Realms of Men will prevail..
mb3_zpsio8wnzh0.png

Lord Blackmoore, Vassal of Swadia.. Champion Of Zeus!
mb12_zpsyt9cyvhg.png

Sir William the Brave said:
Here is collection of the mighty fires of Gods at their finest moments plus what I found funny
He's holding a javelin!

I feel bad for this guy

Zap!

It looks really hurt.  :ohdear:
Could you tell me how to add that font to my S&S game!?

EDIT: No biggie I found the way to do it!

Back
Top Bottom