(Updated 10/21/20) The Hand of Glory - Strategy Guide to Version 26.13c

Users who are viewing this thread

N0ught

Sergeant Knight at Arms
**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
THE KING OF SHADOWS
**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Salt. It is a precious rare thing, you see. A compound of the chemicals Sodium and Chloride, used most often in food as a seasoning or a preservative. Slaves die for it, deep in the mines. Slaves die without it, sweating as they labored in vain for a life they would never have...

The peasants were finally even being conscripted to their doom, mining the coveted mineral salt, beneath the club of Ramun, our slavedriver. They are there now, far below - men; women; children; even strong horses where they are needed. Their sacrifice allows the upper-class of the town to live like kings just a little bit longer. Their sacrifice is destroying the town itself. And I, as a secretary to the once honorable Constable Hareck - I, a man of common birth in an uncommon position - see both sides of the coin. Salt holds the heart of the town... and the salt and the heart and the town are all dying, to line the pockets of the unscrupulous...

Salt will one day hold the heart of the world, then.

I must admit that what I pen here is likely the product of a compromised mind... for, as I have watched my fellow townsfolk, friends, and all I loved, fall upon the great altar of this God Hareck calls Salt... I have chosen the coward's way, damn me. I knew they would throw me down below just as soon as the others, had I rebelled against their tyranny. And in return I am quite certain my conscience has driven me mad for it, for I am being visited by a most disturbing apparition...

Corvus Corax; the common raven. It watches me - even now - from its perch, on the bust of Pallas Athena, on the cornice above the door. It seldom moves, except to stretch its wings, and cock its head to look at me with its black eyes. An old specimen of its kind, the feathers about its head are thinning - and someone seems to have thought fit, at some point during it's many years, to teach the forlorn creature the mimicry of seemingly one word only...

"Nevermore." It says the word, the same as it has uncountable times.

I do not sleep anymore. I do not remember when I last ate. I attend to the legal documents of the town and the mines. I read. I try to avoid the gleaming eyes of that damned bird, yet I find myself contemplating it, in spite of myself...

And I dream. Awake, I dream madness. Of a great and ancient stone gateway to a deeper tunnel beneath the town, leading straight down into the earth like a vast well. Faces are carved into that black stone... of grimaces of pain and screams of anguish... I dream...

The slaves... deep they delve, into the very heart of the earth itself. Here the salt is like red sand, and still they dig. The old tavernkeeper is relentless. He speaks no more and eats no more and sleeps no more. Others soon join him. They draw ever closer to that accursed portal...

A miner catches his shroud on his axe, and it is torn away, revealing but a dried skeleton... oh horror... some of the miners are dead! They blunt their tools in their fervor, digging at an uncanny pace, ignorant to the parched croaking screams of the other terrified slaves...

The living try to flee.

And the dead finally strike the salt within that ring of stone. There is a deafening roar like thunder, and... oh horror upon horror... it is as if a great wound was opened up.

Blood. A veritable river of blood rushes forth. It rushes up. It fills the tunnel...

The living try to flee!

The mines shake! The tremors become a deep, hollow laughter... oh horror of horrors... something is coming through! Something hideous thrusts itself up through that hole, like some unspeakable act of defilement!

THE LIVING TRY TO FLEE!!

BUT THE DEAD FIND THEM IN THE BLOOD!!

OH UNSPEAKABLE HORRORS!!

The hardness of the top of my desk, digging into my elbows... the softness of my armchair cushioning my thighs... blank parchment...

The shadow of the raven. It's eyes sparkle, as my eyes sparkle. I meet its gaze. It knows what I saw. Malevolence has a name.

"Nevermore."

Weeping. This will never end. This thought comes unbidden. It is not my own.

Oh, Annabel. They took you too. And I did nothing. I sold my very soul that day. Gods and my heart be damned, I sold yours too...

The vacancy of the pages before me match my gaze as I stare at them. The abyssal regard of a man who is less than a man... this will never end...

Curse this town of shadows of men. And I, a King among them. Oh, Annabel...

The great quill lies before me, next to a generous inkwell.

I must write it all down...

"Nevermore."

But I must!

"Nevermore."

I AM THE KING OF SHADOWS!!

STRATEGY GUIDE SOLID AND SHADE VERSION 26.13c "Dualities" 01/14/2019

*CONTENTS

* I: THE PLAYER CHARACTER
~ I1 ~ CALENDAR AND BIRTHSIGNS
~ I2 ~ CHARACTER CREATION
~ I3 ~ STATES OF BEING
~ I4 ~ INVESTIGATOR CLUES
~ I5 ~ ARCHAEOLOGIST COSTS AND REWARDS
~ I6 ~ TROUBADOUR SONGS AND OTHER FUN
~ I7 ~ ANTIHERO REQUIREMENTS
~ I8 ~ RELICMASTER REQUIREMENTS
~ I9 ~ NIGHTMARES
~ I10 ~ THE FAIRE
~ I11 ~ THE BLACK DEATH
~ I12 ~ PLAGUE CURES
~ I13 ~ PROPHECY CHARACTERS

* II: MENU RECIPES
~ II1 ~ GOODS PRODUCTION
~ II2 ~ WOODLORE RECIPES
~ II3 ~ OLD CREEL RECIPES
~ II4 ~ OLD COOKBOOK RECIPES
~ II5 ~ FARMER'S ALMANAC RECIPES
~ II6 ~ CRAFTSMAN'S JOURNAL RECIPES
~ II7 ~ MAN OUT OF TIME RECIPES
~ II8 ~ MALLEUS MALEFICARUM RECIPES
~ II9 ~ NECRONOMICON RECIPES
~ II10 ~ CORPSEHUSBANDRY

* III: LOCATION RECIPES
~ III1 ~ HEBE'S CUP RECIPES
~ III2 ~ BLOODFOUNTAIN RECIPES
~ III3 ~ MARSHMALLOW CAULDRON RECIPES
~ III4 ~ UNDERWORLD GATE RECIPES

* IV: ITEMS
~ IV1 ~ ITEM SKILL BONUSES
~ IV2 ~ NECROMANTIC SKILL ARTIFACTS vs ANTIHERO SKILL ARTIFACTS
~ IV3 ~ FAMILIARS

* V: TROOPS
~ V1 ~ RESPITE AND NEPENTHE
~ V2 ~ REGULAR TROOPS
~ V3 ~ COMPANIONS

I: THE PLAYER CHARACTER
~ I1 ~ CALENDAR AND BIRTHSIGNS

DAYS OF THE WEEK
DAY ~ NAME ~
Sunday ~ Heliou ~
Monday ~ Selenes ~
Tuesday ~ Areos ~
Wednesday ~ Hermou ~
Thursday ~ Dios ~
Friday ~ Aphrodites ~
Saturday ~ Kronou ~
* Names of the days of the week are modeled after the Greek, corresponding to the Sun, Moon, Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus and Saturn, respectively.

MOON PHASES
PHASE ~ NAME ~
New ~ Silent ~
Waxing Crescent ~ Whispering ~
First Quarter ~ Chanting ~
Waxing Gibbous ~ Screaming ~
Full ~ Howling ~
Waning Gibbous ~ Pleading ~
Third Quarter ~ Muttering ~
Waning Crescent ~ Echoing ~
* Vampire characters, Lamia, and Vampire troops all receive a 50% hit point bonus during the Silent Moon phase.
* Werewolf characters, Crossbones, and Werewolf troops all receive a 50% hit point bonus during the Howling Moon phase.

MONTHS AND DAYS OF THE YEAR
MONTH ~ NAME ~ 1ST-15TH SIGN/16TH-31ST SIGN ~ 1ST-15TH EQUIV/16TH-31ST EQUIV
January ~ Wolf Moon ~ The Door/The Dagger ~ Capricorn/Aquarius
February ~ Candle Moon ~ The Dagger/The Writer ~ Aquarius/Pisces
March ~ Death Moon ~ The Writer/The Skull ~ Pisces/Aries
April ~ Drought Moon ~ The Skull/The Dead Tree ~ Aries/Taurus
May ~ Wither Moon ~ The Dead Tree/The Cripple ~ Taurus/Gemini
June ~ Locust Moon ~ The Cripple/The Shroud ~ Gemini/Cancer
July ~ Plague Moon ~ The Shroud/The Doctor ~ Cancer/Leo
August ~ Storm Moon ~ The Doctor/The Lunatic ~ Leo/Virgo
September ~ Famine Moon ~ The Lunatic/The Crown ~ Virgo/Libra
October ~ Blood Moon ~ The Crown/The Cannibal ~ Libra/Scorpio
November ~ Ice Moon ~ The Cannibal/The Raven ~ Scorpio/Sagittarius
December ~ Ghost Moon ~ The Raven/The Door ~ Sagittarius/Capricorn
* Game starts on Aphrodites, Howling Blood Moon 13, 1313.
* Characters born on the 15th of Drought Moon will receive Diamonds, at creation.
* Characters born on the 23rd of Locust Moon will receive a White Owl, when summoning a Familiar.
* Characters born on the 27th of Storm Moon will receive Ghostwood, at creation.
* Characters born on the 12th of Blood Moon will receive Blood Pudding and Nog, at creation.

BIRTHSIGNS
~ The Door, The Dead Tree, The Lunatic ~ (Str-1)
~ The Skull, The Doctor, The Raven ~ (Agi-1)
~ The Dagger, The Cripple, The Crown ~ (Int-1)
~ The Writer, The Shroud, The Cannibal ~ (Cha-1)
* Each Birthsign is responsible for a single point of stat loss, as listed.

OMENS
~ The Mark of the Beast (Silver Resistance)
~ The Solar Eclipse (Salt Resistance)
~ The Flood of Heket (Iron Resistance)
* Omens have a 3 in 3000 chance of appearing on a Birthdate, and result in a complete lack of supernatural sensitivity to a substance, as listed.

~ I2 ~ CHARACTER CREATION

BASE STATS
~ All characters start with Str 4, Agi 4, Int 4 and Cha 4.

STEP 1: GENDER
~ Completely Random Character. (!!!) ~ Random choice for all five sections. Jumps immediately to skill selection - or to banner selection, if An impoverished noble is randomly selected as the character's father.
~ Random. (???) ~ Random choice.
~ Male. (Str+1,Cha+1)
~ Female. (Agi+1,Int+1)
* All characters also get Str+1, Agi+1, Cha+1, and a random Birthdate with possible Omen assigned during this step. See above.

STEP 2: YOUR FATHER WAS...
Page One
~ An omen appears!!! (***) ~ A rare omen has marked your character's birth. See above. Replaces "Reroll birthdate" option.
~ Reroll birthdate. (...) ~ Chooses another random Birthdate, and another random possibility of an omen.
~ Completely mundane character. (---) ~ Begins the game with An impoverished noble, A page at a nobleman's court, A squire/lady-in-waiting, and Desire for money and power. Jumps immediately to banner selection.
~ An executioner. (Str+3) ~ Starts the game with a Tempered Bastard Sword and 200 Denars.
~ A thief. (Agi+3) ~ Picks Pockets 25% faster for Street Urchin characters. Also only loses half as many Denars when randomly pickpocketed.
~ A mortician. (Int+3) ~ Starts the game with Coffin Nails and Formaldehyde. Can create up to 10 Preserved undead per Formaldehyde.
~ A chandler. (Cha+3) ~ Starts the game with Candles and Oil. Can create up to 10 Burned undead per Oil. Creates twice as many candles per recipe, via Craftsman's Journal.
~ A dark knight. (Str+2,Agi+1) ~ Starts the game with a random piece of the Dark Knight set.
~ A manhunter. (Str+2,Int+1) ~ Starts the game with a very high One-Handed Weapon proficiency.
~ A maneater (Str+2,Cha+1) ~ Starts the game with high Polearms skill, a Human Corpse, and a War Spear. +25% boost to health during battles if a Human Corpse is in the character's inventory. Stalks Human Prey 25% faster. Can access the menu at the Happy Boar immediately.
~ A hunter. (Str+1,Agi+2) ~ Starts the game with the Hunting ability. Allows hunting for game in the wilderness, based on which biome the character is currently in.
Page Two
~ A fisherman. (Str+1,Int+2) ~ Starts the game with the Old Creel. Allows fishing in Villages, and Smoked Fish recipe. Can experience a random encounter while fishing that leads to the Whale of a Tale storyline.
~ A fairy. (Str+1,Cha+2) ~ Starts the game with the Woodlore ability, and a mild sensitivity to Iron. +10% boost to health during battles if a Wooden weapon/shield is equipped. +25% boost to health during battles if a Ghostwood weapon/shield is equipped.
~ An anarchist. (Agi+1,Cha+2) ~ Starts the game with the Old Cookbook, and widespread weapon proficiencies and survival skills.
~ A travelling merchant. (Int+2,Cha+1) ~ Starts the game with 1000 denars.
~ An impoverished noble. (Male:Int+1,Cha+2,Female:Int+2,Cha+1) ~ Same as Native; starts the game with a Banner selection. "Mundane" choice.
~ A steppe nomad. (Str+1,Agi+1,Int+1) ~ Camp is invisible and cannot be attacked.
~ A veteran warrior. (Str+1,Agi+1,Cha+1) ~ Starts the game with Bloody Banner and extra Renown.
~ A writer. (Str+1,Int+1,Cha+1,???+1) ~ As shown, starts the game with +1 to a random attribute. Can use Poe's Rewrite ability without gathering the other companions required.
~ A taxidermist. (Agi+1,Int+1,Cha+1) ~ Starts the game with Salt, Wood, and good Tracking and Surgery skills.

STEP 3: YOU SPENT YOUR EARLY LIFE AS...
Page One
~ A gravedigger. (Str+2) ~ Robs graves 25% faster.
~ A butcher's helper. (Agi+2) ~ Starts the game with Butcher gear and Meat Pie recipes (via Village menu). Can choose to receive two Blood when Dismembering for Blood only, and two Flesh or Venison when Rendering via Farmer's Almanac.
~ A mummer. (Int+2) ~ Starts the game with Mummer's Paint (In male or female, based on Gender choice). Can perform Mummer's shows for tips in Towns. Can receive a card for a great performance that leads to The Happy Boar storyline.
~ A farmhand. (Cha+2) ~ Starts the game with a Grain Scythe and a Hay Fork. Gathers via the Farmer's Almanac 25% faster.
~ A steppe child. (Str+1,Agi+1) ~ Starts the game with a Steppe Horse. Can smoke up to 10 fish per recipe with the Old Creel.
~ A craftsman's apprentice. (Str+1,Int+1) ~ Gathers via the Craftsman's Journal 25% faster.
~ A page at a nobleman's court. (Str+1,Cha+1) ~ Same as Native. "Mundane" choice.
~ A monk. (Str+1,Cha+1) ~ Starts the game with Meditation ability - can gather experience over time, half as fast as Man Out of Time gathering.
~ A street urchin. (Agi+1,Int+1) ~ Can Pick Pockets for money in Towns - this may attract unwanted attention from the town guard...
Page Two
~ A munitions worker. (Agi+1,Int+1) ~ Can craft Munitions via Camp menu, with quality and type based on Engineering skill - requires Tools as equipment. Random chance to rarely produce Sapper Charges with high Engineering.
~ An investigator. (Agi+1,Cha+1) ~ Gets special messages when entering a scene with secrets. Scavenges for Patchwork 25% faster.
~ A tailor. (Agi+1,Cha+1) ~ Starts the game with Wool, Linen, Silk, Velvet and Furs. Makes double yield recipes when making Linen or Velvet.
~ A distiller. (Int+1,Cha+1) ~ Can use Distilling via Camp menu, with quality and type based on Engineering skill - requires Pottery as equipment. Random chance to rarely produce Bloodwine with high Engineering.
~ A shop assistant. (Int+1,Cha+1) ~ Assesses trade goods in a city instantly.
~ A fletcher. (Str-1,Agi+3) ~ Starts the game with Arrows and Bolts. Makes double Arrows, Practice Arrows, and Ghostwood Elfshot, via recipes.
~ A baker's helper. (Agi-1,Str+3) ~ Starts the game with four Bread. Makes double Bread, Bread of the Dead, and Blood Pudding via recipes.
~ A bottler. (Int-1,Cha+3) ~ Starts the game with two Wine, and two Ale. Makes double Wine, Ale, Bloodwine, and Nog, via recipes.
~ A herder. (Cha-1,Int+3) ~ Starts the game with a Dusty Hat, and a herd of six Cattle nearby. Gets twice the amount of Cattle when stealing or buying them.

STEP 4: YOU BECAME...
Page One
~ A sea raider. (Str+2) ~ Starts the game with three Sea Raiders in the party, Sea Raider gear, and two random trade goods. Spawns at one of the two Sea Raider spawn points.
~ A steppe bandit. (Agi+2) ~ Starts the game with three Steppe Bandits in the party, Steppe Bandit gear, and two random trade goods. Spawns at the Steppe Bandit spawn point.
~ A university student. (Int+2) ~ Starts the game with two books/Necronomicon-crafted artifacts. Can create up to 10 Putrid undead per Sulfuric Acid. Gathers experience via Man Out Of Time 25% faster.
~ A troubadour. (Cha+2) ~ Starts the game with an Old Lute. Can play music in scenes or on the world map. Can Play music for tips in Towns. Can receive a card for a great performance that leads to The Bone Lyre of Persephone storyline.
~ A game poacher. (Str+1,Agi+1) ~ Gathers via the Old Cookbook, Old Creel, and Hunting for Game 25% faster.
~ (Male only) A squire. (Str+1,Agi+1) ~ Same as Native. "Mundane" choice.
~ A smith. (Str+1,Int+1) ~ Starts the game with four Iron and Tools. Can do Armory work in Towns for money, if they have Tools. Can Smelt blood to build up blood iron at villages - with a total of 360 blood smelted, a legendary Blood Iron Bastard Sword can be made.
~ A seer. (Str+1,Cha+1) ~ Can Tell Fortunes in Towns for money. Can sell Exstispicy at villages. Can use Exstispicy via camp menu. Can use a Ouija Board or Metatron to Ask Ouija or Ask Metatron via camp menu. Can use The Good Bone and The Bad Bone to Read The Bones via camp menu. Can use the Book of Thoth to Read The Tarot via camp menu.
~ (Female only) A handmaiden. (Agi+1,Int+1) ~ Starts the game with Linen, high Prisoner Management skill, a little Renown, and 100 Denars. Can do Domestic work in Towns for money, if they have Linen.
Page Two
~ An assassin. (Agi+1,Int+1) ~ Starts the game with high proficiencies in all ranged weapons, and Assassin gear. Gets twice the denar/reputation rewards for quests involving killing. Can receive Blackwolf. Can promote Mercenary Crossbowmen to Assassins by giving them Cartridges in party dialog.
~ A murderer. (Agi+1,Int+1) ~ Starts the game Pilgrim Hood and Pilgrim Disguise, and Axe of the Black Cat - which can be used to Chop Oak, Ash or Thorn into nine pieces of Wood.
~ (Male only) A barber. (Agi+1,Cha+1) ~ Starts the game with a Straightrazor, high First Aid skill, a little Renown, and 100 Denars. Can do Tonsorial work in Towns for money, if they have a Straightrazor.
~ A neophyte necromancer. (Agi+1,Cha+1) ~ Starts the game with The Necronomicon.
~ (Female only) A lady-in-waiting. (Int+1,Cha+1) ~ Same as Native. "Mundane" choice.
~ A goods peddler. (Int+1,Cha+1) ~ Starts the game with a Coachgun and Magnums, and an assortment of goods.
~ A charlatan. (Int+1,Cha+1) ~ Starts the game with a Coachgun and Magnums, and Snake Oil. Can create Snake Oil via camp menu. Auction Snake Oil in Towns.
~ An inventor. (Str-1,Int+3) ~ Starts the game with Torque, a Bicycle, a Flintlock Pistol, Cartridges, and full chainmail armor pieces. Can create Bicycles via camp menu. Can do Tinkering in towns, if they have Torque.
~ (Male only) A eunuch. (Str-1,Agi+3) ~ Can sell services as a guard for Courtesans in Towns.
~ (Female only) A courtesan. (Str-1,Cha+3) ~ Can sell services as a Courtesan for gentlemen in Towns.
~ A missionary. (Str-1,Cha+3) ~ Can use Bread to Preach in villages for more Bread, Renown, and occasional converts. Starts the game with a Slayer or an Alchemist in the party.

STEP 5: WHAT MADE YOU MAKE THIS DECISION WAS...
Page One
~ Random (???) ~ Random choice.
~ Personal revenge. (Str+2) ~ Power strike for deadly characters. Has a recurring Nemesis.
~ Wanderlust. (Agi+2) ~ Pathfinding skill for traveling characters. Starts the game with an Artificer's Wheel.
~ The pursuit of knowledge. (Int+2) ~ Tactics skill for advisory characters. Starts the game with a random Native book.
~ The loss of a loved one. (Cha+2) ~ Ironflesh for resilient characters. Can recruit Andre.
~ Sheer bloodlust. (Str+1,Agi+1) ~ Athletics skill for fast characters. Starts the game with a Meat Cleaver.
~ Being forced out of your home. (Str+1,Int+1) ~ Starts the game as hated by Praven, King Harlaus, and the Swadian faction. Can recruit Fortunato without Bloodwine - this allows a character who is also a Mummer talk to him in the attic of The Thirsty Boar, for a shortcut to the Marshmallow recipe.
~ Demonic possession. (Str+1,Cha+1) ~ Experiences constant bad luck at all kinds of divination or gambling. Can aqcuire the Terror Mask on permadeath. An exorcism is dangerous, but possible...
~ Desire for money and power. (Agi+1,Int+1) ~ Same as Native. "Mundane" choice.
Page Two
~ Fortune. (Agi+1,Cha+1) ~ Starts the game with Fortune - an artifact that makes it impossible to lose while gambling on dice. Also never loses Luck (a hidden Native attribute) unlike other characters who lose a point every 180 hours.
~ The paranormal. (Int+1,Cha+1) ~ Starts the game with a Camera, and the ability to research paranormal activity.
~ Madness. (???+1,???+1) ~ Experiences constant audible hallucinations in scenes, and nightmares while sleeping. Possibly curable...
~ Blindness. (???+1,???+1) ~ Starts the game Blind, and with a Staff. Possibly curable...
~ Illness. (???+1,???+1) ~ Starts the game infected with the Black Death. Possibly curable...
~ Prophecy. (???-1,???+3) ~ Starts the game at Old Zendar, with two Filth in the party and no Denars or Renown.
~ Undeath. (???-1,???+3) ~ Starts the game as a Zombie, and a pupil to the Great Artificer.
~ Fanaticism. (???-1,???+3) ~ Starts the game as a shipwrecked disciple of Poseidon, aligned against the Bloodfountain and the Evil faction.
~ You were convicted of a terrible crime. (???-2,???+4) ~ Starts the game near Halmar, after your trial, torture, incarceration, and eventual escape, for one of four crimes. Starts the game with a random number of Looters in party. Usherwood becomes the Thieves Den, where you can rest and recruit outlaw mercenaries. Manhunter, Slayer and Alchemist parties, will try to execute you. Outlaw parties are friendly to you.

NOTE: There are currently (365*3*2*17*18*20*17) = 227,847,600 possible character creation combinations.

~ I3 ~ STATES OF BEING AND RACES

- Incorporeal - (No Voice / No Body)
God
Homunculi
Golem
Ghost
Lich

- Corporeal - (Monstrous Voice / Flayed Body)
Undead
Demon
Vampire
Werewolf

- Mortal - (Normal Voice / Normal Body)
Ghoul
Alien
Human
Fairy-kin
Demigod
Clockwork

~ I4 ~ INVESTIGATOR CLUES

~ The Castle in Halmar; The Lost Reliquary in Halmar (Rasputin's Brain)
~ The Tavern in Khudan; The Basement in Khudan (The Telltale Heart)
~ Old Zendar (Hidden Chest, Rasputin, The Bloodfountain); The Chamber in Old Zendar (The Raven); The Happy Boar in Old Zendar (Marshmallow Cauldron)
~ The Dungeon in Praven; The Catacombs in Praven (Fortunato)
~ Tebandra; The Cave in Tebandra (Lamia)
~ Ambean (Crossbones)
~ Fenada (The Gold Bug)
~ Dashbigha (The Undying Sword of Vlad Dracula)
~ Uslum (Poe)
~ The Streets in Yalen (Oak)
~ The Streets in Curaw (Thorn)
~ The Streets in Wercheg (Ash)
~ The Tavern in Tihr (Ramun, the Slave Trader)
~ The Streets in Tihr (Hidden Chest)
~ The Streets in Rivacheg (Hidden Chest)
~ The Streets in Jelkala (Hidden Chest)
~ Aldelen (The Forlorn Man)
~ Fearichen (Poseidon's Temple, Strange Shell, Galatea)
~ The Tavern in Ichamur (The Purloined Letter, Dupin)
~ The Shop in Veluca (The Cask of Amontillado)
~ Veidar (The Underworld Gate, Charon)
~ Tulbuk (Stheno)
~ Old Salt mine; Salt Cave in Old Salt Mine (Cup of Hebe, Infinity Stone, The Great Artificer)
~ Chelez (The Sphinx)
~ Fisdnar (The Grave of Annabel Lee, The Lost Ring of Annabel Lee)
~ Zagush; The Tomb in Zagush (Imhotep)
~ Bhulaban (Jakfraust)
~ Chalbek Castle Yard, The Dungeon in Chalbek Castle (Mephistopheles)
~ Ergellon Castle Yard (Snake Altar)
~ Dugan (Plague Rats and Ishtar)

~ I5 ~ ARCHAEOLOGIST COSTS AND REWARDS

MINIMAL ARCHAEOLOGY COSTS:
2 Crystal
2 Silver
2 Gold
2 Diamonds

POSSIBLE REWARDS:
Horned Knife and Hellraiser's Guillotine
100 Denars and a Teleport to Curaw (repeatable for 1 Crystal)
100 Denars and +1 Charisma
+5% health effect in combat from carrying a Crocus
100-1000 Denars (repeatable for 1 Silver)
+1 Strength
Visibility of Old Four Ways Inn, Old Zendar, and Old Salt Mine, and information on other points of interest (Temporary)
+1 Intelligence OR -1 Intelligence (More if played over and over; terrible odds)(repeatable for 1 Gold)
+1 Agility and a -5% health effect in combat, OR +10000 Denars, OR +50 Renown

~ I6 ~ TROUBADOUR SONGS AND OTHER FUN

~ Flip a coin - Minus Key - Requires at least one Denar.
~ Roll 1d6 - 6 Key - Requires Fortune
~ The Burning Village - 7 Key - No instrument required.*
~ The Cold Hearth - 8 Key - Playable by Old Lute, Legion Drum, Bone Lyre of Persephone, and Bloodphone.*
~ Siege at Dhorak Keep - 9 Key - Playable by Legion Drum, Bone Lyre of Persephone, and Bloodphone.*
~ The Wedding of Hades and Persephone - 0 Key - Playable by Bone Lyre of Persephone, and Bloodphone.*
~ Banish Fog - Z Key - Requires Evil Eye or Eye of Izanagi.
~ Warcry - F3 Key - Cheer along with your party. Vampires hiss, Werewolves howl, and Ghouls squeak like rats as well.
~ Dance of the Bones - V Key - Playable if Crossbones is in the party.*
~ Weeping of the Widow - V Key - Playable if Lamia is in the party.*
~ The Dirge of The Necropolis - B Key - Playable by Bloodphone.*
~ Hymn to Mephistopheles - N Key - Playable by Pegasus.*
~ Siren Song - M Key - Playable by Strange Shell.*
~ Izanagi's Interlude - , Key - Playable if Tsukumogami Collection is in the party.*
~ Redemption - . Key - Playable if you are a Convict character.*
(*) = Troubadour only.

~ I7 ~ ANTIHERO REQUIREMENTS

* Being an Antihero means until level 30 you...
~ Can't pledge yourself to the Bloodfountain.

* This means you...
~ Can't use The Necronomicon or any of its recipes.
~ Can't recruit Rasputin.
~ Can't progress to High Priest in Necromancy, and therefore can't become a Lich, Vampire or Werewolf.
~ Can't receive the Skeleton Key to return to Old Zendar whenever you please.
~ Can't recruit Poe, and therefore can't use his "Rewrite my part in the story" ability to rearrange your stats.
~ Can't create Pandora's Box, and therefore can't receive Bone Lyre of Persephone, if you are a Troubadour.
~ Can't dismember Human Corpses, and therefore can only complete the Marshmallow quest, if you are a Maneater Mummer.
~ Can't create and trade all 13 necromantic artifacts to receive Hematite, The Sword of Hades, and so can't receive Bloodstone, The Robe of Hades by defeating Hades and his army.

* However, you...
~ Can still become a Ghost and receive the +1 bonus to all attributes from it, and the Horseman's Despair is the second-fastest mount.
~ Can still receive The Infinity Stone.
~ Can still use the Acolytes you can hire at taverns.
~ Can still use necromantic weapons, armor and mounts you find in combat.
~ Can still finish the Great Artificer storyline.
~ Can still dig enough graves to receive the Plague of the Red Death set.

* And in exchange, at level 30, you...
~ Receive the Helm of Prometheus, which grants a +1 to Wound Treatment skill while worn.
~ Receive the Fire of the Gods, which grants a +1 to Surgery skill while worn.
~ Receive Skyclad, which which is godlike armor.
~ Receive a +3 bonus to all attributes.

~ I8 ~ RELICMASTER REQUIREMENTS

* To receive the Relicmaster reward from the Great Artificer, you must find evidence of all the following sets of items, as follows, before speaking to him.
* Vampire and Werewolf characters must find evidence of three extra sets each, while Ghoul characters are exempt from these extra requirements.

* Main Legendary Sets:
~ MEDUSA'S BLOOD - when the character recruits Stheno
~ ALCHEMIST'S ADAMANT - when the character wins the secret of Adamant
~ HORSEMAN'S CURSE - when the character becomes a Ghost
~ KHAN'S FIST - when the character wins Khan's Fist from Sanjar Khan
~ MISFORTUNATE FORTUNATO - when the character recruits Fortunato
~ OAK, ASH AND THORN - when the character recruits Oak, Ash or Thorn
~ SCALES OF THE GORGON - when the character recruits Stheno
~ PLAGUE OF THE RED DEATH - when the character becomes Death itself
~ RASPUTIN'S REQUIEM - when the character recruits Rasputin
~ THE WOLFSBANE PACK - when the character recruits Dupin
~ THE GREAT ARTIFICER - when the character talks to The Great Artificer (automatic; if great artificer is met and leaves before the other requirements are achieved the relic master gift will not be received)
~ QUOTH THE RAVEN, 'NEVERMORE.' - when the character recruits Dupin or The Raven
~ GIFTS OF THE GODS - when the character recruits Lamia, or when the character receives Poseidon's Trident or Hematite, the Sword of Hades, or when the character becomes a Lich or an Antihero
~ THE BEHEMOTH WORM - when The Behemoth Worm joins the party
~ POE'S SHADE - when the character recruits Poe
~ THE RISING SUN - when any of the six items have been owned by the character
~ THE DARK KNIGHT - when any of the three items have been owned by the character
~ THE GARMENTS OF INVISIBILITY - when the character talks to Jakfraust
~ THE MUMMY - when the character recruits Imhotep
~ PYGMALION AND GALATEA - when the character talks to Galatea
~ PLAGUE OF THE BLACK DEATH - when the character talks to Mephistopheles.

* Vampire only:
~ THE UNDYING SWORD OF VLAD DRACULA - when the character recruits The Undying Sword of Vlad Dracula
~ LAMIA'S LAMENT - when the character recruits Lamia
~ THE VAMPIRE'S LIVERY - when the character becomes a Vampire

* Werewolf only:
~ HUNTER'S NIGHT - when the Hunter's Night is received
~ CROSSBONES' CRAFT - when the character recruits Crossbones
~ THE WEREWOLF'S HOWL - when the character becomes a Werewolf

~ I9 ~ NIGHTMARES

* Nightmares can occur randomly on Permadeath, or while Madness characters are waiting in a city, at a castle, or via camp menu.
* Nightmares occur while waiting at night for most Madness characters.
* Nightmares occur during the day while waiting, for Vampire, Werewolf and Ghoul characters with Madness.
* Ghost, Lich, and Death Itself characters do not sleep, and therefore have no nightmares, even with Madness.

* Alternately, Antihero characters can use the Nightmare Cube from the Museum (and later on, via their inventory), by entering the following sequence of numbers, which is the first thirteen digits of the square root of 2, a radical number:
~ 1.414213562373 (ignore the decimal point).
* On the cube, This translates to:
~ Dot, Square, Dot, Square, Cross, Dot, Triangle, Star, Pentacle, Cross, Triangle, Matrix, Triangle.

* You will begin in a random location withinin the Nightmare Realm, a land of horrors, filled with a mist that seems to be blood...
* Using an Evil Eye or the Eye of Izanagi while experiencing a Nightmare will blind you with thicker red fog. You have been warned.
* A Boogeyman will spawn nearby and try to attack. This can be almost any character in the game.
* This can be used as another form of Divination in the game - perhaps the Boogeyman represents the character's current anxieties?
* Permadeath is possible.
* The Nightmare ends when either the Boogeyman or the Player character are defeated. There is no other escape.

~ I10 ~ THE FAIRE

* The Faire happens as a dream sequence that occurs rarely when a Nightmare would ordinarily occur, for Madness characters, or on Permadeath.
* Alternatively, Fairy characters who have become Ghosts can enter The Faire via the Underworld Gate in Veidar whenever they want. This costs one Ghostwood per visit.

* The first character you must talk to is at the white circle just to your right as you enter The Faire:
~ 0 ~ Thyself (Black Robe and Assassin Mask)

* He gives you your first trade good, and tells you what trade good one of the final two characters want - it will not be the same good he gave you, so you will have to make at least one trade.

* These two characters are up on the hill at the north end, the king and queen of The Faire - you will need to remember which one wants which trade good:
~ 8 ~ The Queen Of Hearts (Persephone)
~ 9 ~ Old King Cole (Hades)

* Green fog slowly rolls in, from the moment you arrive, and gets thicker and thicker as time passes, signifying the dream fading away.
* You have a total of about 10 minutes until you wake up and automatically leave the faire.
* Every module music track is played in a row as well - when you hear Hell's Bells (Madness characters may already be hearing this) you have about 30 seconds left.

* There are seven characters around The Faire - all with lit locations - each wants certain trade goods, and will trade other items for them, randomly (as displayed at their booths). Listed below are each character, by number, and what that character has and wants (and the numbers relating to the characters you trade them to, or from):
~ 1 The Big Bad Wolf (Wendigo Butcher; Butcher outfit and Werewolf Head)
Has: Blood(2,4,5,6,7), Bones(2), Flesh(4), Dried Meat(3)
Needs: Human Corpse(5), Salt(3), Tools(3), Bread of the Dead(2), Milk(6), Mumiyo(4), Oil(7)
~ 2 Patty Cake (Witch Baker; Courtly Outfit and Felt Hat)
Has: Bread(3,6), Bread of the Dead(1,7), Blood Pudding(5), Nog(4,6,7)
Needs: Wheat(6), Salt(3), Bones(1), Milk(6), Blood(1), Honey(5), Crocuses(6), Wine(4), Oil(7), Eggs(6)
~ 3 Jack Be Nimble (Salamander Candlestick Maker; only Silver Spectacles)
Has: Candles(6), Salt(1,2), Tools(1,6,7), Graveyard Soil(4,5), Mulberries(4)
Needs: Wax(5), Dried Meat(1), Bread(2), Grapes(6), Mumiyo(4), Sulfuric Acid(7)
~ 4 The Pied Piper (Sylph Apothecary; Light Armor w/ Apothecary Helm)
Has: Ale(6), Wine(2,6), Bloodwine(5,7), Mumiyo(1,3)
Needs: Apples(5), Wheat(6), Grapes(6), Honey(5), Flesh(1), Blood(1), Crocuses(6), Graveyard Soil(3), Nog(2), Linen(7), Mulberries(3)
~ 5 The Hunter (Redcap Forester; Fur Armor w/ Vampire Helm)
Has: Human Corpse(1,7), Wax(3), Honey(2,4,6), Apples(4)
Needs: Blood(1), Blood Pudding(2), Bloodwine(4), Graveyard Soil(3), Wheat(6), Formaldehyde(7)
~ 6 The Farmer in the Dell (Gnome Farmer; plain apron and leather cap)
Has: Wheat(2,4,5), Milk(1,2), Grapes(3,4), Crocuses(2,4,7), Eggs(2)
Needs: Blood(1), Bread(2), Nog(2), Wine(4), Ale(4), Candles(3), Tools(3), Honey(5), Linen(7), Glogg(4)
~ 7 Three Blind Mice (Undine Healer; Graeae head, white dress)
Has: Linen(4,6), Oil(1,2), Formaldehyde(5), Sulfuric Acid(3)
Needs: Blood(1), Bread of the Dead(2), Tools(3), Bloodwine(4), Human Corpse(5), Crocuses(6)

* There are eight other characters at The Faire you should probably... just not talk to. They are all unseelie fairies with no human morals:
~ Hansel and Gretel (Brollachans)
Effect: Hansel steals Milk if you have it. Gretel steals Bread if you have it.
~ Tweedledum and Tweedledee (Homunculi)
Effect: Both talk in circles 'til you give them 420 denars.
~ Jabberwock and Bandersnatch (Shadow Warriors)
Effect: Each gives a warning about the other, and scares the player awake!
~ Truth and Lies (Royal Guards)
Effect: Truth always tells the truth and Lies always lies, about which of the royalty want to see you.

* There is also another character that will eat any Iron in your inventory; other characters will snub you if you carry Iron, the Blood Iron Bastard Sword, or the Slayer's Hand-held Crossbow to The Faire.
~ Rust (Tartarus, The Black Pit)

* Items already in your inventory DO count.
* Speaking to the king or queen without the correct trade good is considered taboo and you will be removed from the Faire forever.
* Speaking to the king or queen when you should speak to the other of the two, even if you have the correct trade good, is considered taboo and you will be removed from the Faire forever.
* Speaking to the king or queen after delivering the proper trade good, and being told to speak to Thyself again, is considered taboo and you will be removed from the Faire forever.
* If you are a Female character and deliver the correct good to The Queen of Hearts, you will receive Persephone's Heavenly Raiment as a special reward from her, once only.
* If you deliver the correct good to the the correct ruler of The Faire, you will be told to go back to Thyself.
* The fog keeps rolling in at this point - if you don't finish speaking with Thyself before your time is up you will NOT receive your reward.
* When you finally speak with Thyself again, he gives you a Fairy Sunstone, which will allow you to return to The Faire, once, whenever you want.

~ I11 ~ THE BLACK DEATH

* The Black Death, or "bubonic plague" is a horrific and deadly disease, said to be a curse from the gods, spread by the fleas that infest Plague Rats.

* The plague has not found its way to Calradia yet, except...
~ Rats have invaded the food stores in one small village, known as Dugan, far to the southeast. The villagers are even showing signs of infection...
~ You can also acquire The Black Death, or begin the game with it, and cure it, becoming a Ghoul. This will enable you to summon Plague rats in exchange for Flesh.
~ There is also a Ghoul in the Dungeon of Chalbek castle whom Troubadour characters, who are also Antiheroes, can win Pegasus, Chrysaor and The Mask of the Rat King from. If you then play Hymn to Mephistopheles with Pegasus, for money at a town, with Chrysaor also in your inventory or equipped, you have a rare random chance of summoning Plague Rats each turn. Wearing the Mask of the Rat King as well, while playing music in a Town with Pegasus and Chrysaor, also has a random chance of turning a fully human character into a Ghoul.

* Once you have Plague Rats in your party you will be able to choose "Infestation" on the main menu of towns and castles. This will allow you to transfer Plague Rats to the garrison of that city.
* Every day, there will be a random check for every garrison/party, to see if there are Plague Rats.
* There will be a random chance each check that any human troop in that Party will be replaced by Infected Men/Women
* There will be the same chance of infection for the player character, if they are not a Ghost, Vampire, Werewolf, Lich, Ghoul, Death Itself.
* A Plaguedoctor's Filter will also prevent infection, if worn diligently in the presence of Plage Rats.

* If you do become infected with The Black Death you will experience reputation losses due to entering town castle, center, tavern or store scenes, if you have plague of progress level 4 or higher (mentions nausea), or if you are a Ghoul, unless you:
~ Wear Plague Wraps, Plaguedoctor's Filter, or Alchemist's Riposte to negate plague fear penalties.
~ Keep Crocuses in your inventory to negate Ghoul smell penalties.

* There will also be a random chance each check that each Infected Man/Woman in each garrison/arty dies of the Plague, and is removed.
* Each time an Infected Man/Woman dies of the Plague, there will be one Plague Rats added to that garrison/party.
* Once there are Plague Rats in a garrison at a town or castle you will be able to choose "Rat Hunt" from the main menu to add them to your party over time. They may build up quicker than you can remove them!
* Ghouls automatically succeed each turn of the Rat Hunt.

Last edited:
~ I12 ~ PLAGUE CURES

* The True Apothecary can be found in the Cellar of The Old Four Ways Inn. He offers to cure any plagues you may suffer from.
* You must have the Alchemist's Thrust to gain entrance to the Cellar.

* There are three plagues which are said to be divine curses:
~ Solar Porphyria (Vampires)
~ Lunar Lycanthropy (Werewolves)
~ The Black Death is listed under Terran Vomicarenatus... which is actually the cure, and simultaneously, one of two ways of becoming a Ghoul (and the technical term for the condition).

* You will be given the Malleus Maleficarum, and told to use its gathering section to retrieve a curative herb from near one of three castles, based on the disease in need of curing. You will need to be within a short distance of each:
~ Solar Porphyria = Rhadogir Garlic from Rhadogir castle.
~ Lunar Lycanthropy = Tehlrog Aconite from Tehlrog Castle.
~ The Black Death = Chalbek Mullein from Chalbek Castle.

* When you are a Vampire or a Werewolf and ask for a cure, the True Apothecary will tell you to retrieve a Slayer's Amulet as well - a Slayer will give you one free if you talk to them on the world map. When you bring the amulet back, the True Apothecary will bind it to you as further penance, causing your character to react very strongly as if Salt (for Vampires) or Silver (for Werewolves) were near, until the cure is obtained.

* He also tells you to carry Wax - there is a random chance of finding Mandrake when you gather herbs, and you will die instantly unless you have Wax in your inventory.
* When you (hopefully) survive any Mandrake encounters, and have the herb, you will need to return to the True Apothecary.
* He will cure you when you speak to him with the herb, reversing previous stat bonuses and negatives from the affliction (including salt or silver allergies), or in the case of The Black Death, just adding bonuses (and the need to carry Crocuses around, and the ability to summon rats...) and taking away the physical deterioration of the plague.

~ I13 ~ PROPHECY CHARACTERS

* Characters who begin the game with "A prophecy" as a creation choice, and become Poseidon's Avatar, Antiheroes or raise the Necropolis, will face the three Fates, or Moirai.
* Requirements, titles and rewards are as follows, superceding each other from the top of the list, to the bottom.
* After receiving your reward, the three Moirai will join the ranks of the Evil faction.

~ Death Itself and Antihero ~ Grey Lizard: +2 Intelligence.
~ Death Itself not Antihero ~ Blue Scorpion: Next horse sacrificed will make the Kraken appear.
~ Ghost and Antihero ~ White Owl: Next horse sacrificed will make the Kraken appear, until the player brings four Coursers to Fearichen.
~ Ghost not Antihero ~ Red Piranha: Random chance of permadeath when waiting on the main map, via Camp menu.
~ Not Ghost or Death Itself ~ Black Cat: Escape permadeath 9 times.

II: MENU RECIPES
~ II1 ~ GOODS PRODUCTION

* These towns produce more of these goods:
~ Sargoth ~ Linen
~ Tihr ~ Smoked Fish
~ Veluca ~ Wine
~ Suno ~ Oil
~ Jelkala ~ Velvet
~ Praven ~ Ale
~ Uxkhal ~ Grain and Flour
~ Reyvadin ~ Wool
~ Khudan ~ Furs
~ Tulga ~ Spice
~ Curaw ~ Iron
~ Wercheg ~ Smoked Fish
~ Rivacheg ~ Dried Meat
~ Halmar ~ Pottery
~ Yalen ~ Cheese
~ Dhirim ~ Tools
~ Ichamur ~ Salt
~ Narra ~ Oil
~ The Necropolis ~ Crocuses

~ II2 ~ WOODLORE RECIPES

Fairy characters only. Accessed via camp menu. Ghost characters can also make Ghostwood equivalents of all recipes.
~ Forestry = Gather Wood. Ghost characters also have a rare chance of gathering Ghostwood.
Oak
~ Practice Shield (Ghostwood Thimble) = 1 Wood (Ghostwood) (-)
~ Practice Sword (Ghostwood Splinter) = 1 Wood (Ghostwood) (-)
~ Heavy Practice Sword (Ghostwood Thorn) = 1 Wood (Ghostwood) (-)
Ash
~ Practice Axe (Ghostwood Sap) = Wood (Ghostwood) (-)
~ Practice Staff (Ghostwood Shillelagh) = 1 Wood (Ghostwood) (-)
~ Practice Lance (Ghostwood Needle) = 1 Wood (Ghostwood) (-)
~ Practice Javelin (Ghostwood Dart) = 1 Wood (Ghostwood) (-)
Thorn
~ Practice Arrows (Ghostwood Elfshot) = 1 Wood (Ghostwood) (-)
~ Practice Bow (Ghostwood Sling) = 1 Wood (Ghostwood) (-)
~ Practice Bolts (Ghostwood Gobshot) = 1 Wood (Ghostwood) (-)
~ Practice Crossbow (Ghostwood Prodd) = 1 Wood (Ghostwood) (-)
(-) = Net Loss

~ II3 ~ OLD CREEL RECIPES

Fishing Basket. Accessed via village menu. Fishing at Fenada, Fearichen, Fisdnar, and Tebandra gathers 25% faster.
~ The Old Man and the Sea = Gather Raw Fish, and more rarely, Wrapping Boots, Pottery, Bones, Horse Corpses and Human Corpses.
A Moveable Feast
~ Smoked Fish = Raw Fish + Wood (-)
~ Smoked Fish x5 = Raw Fish(x5) + Wood (-)
~ Steppe Child: Smoked Fish x10 = Raw Fish(x10) + Wood (-)
(-) = Net Loss

~ II4 ~ OLD COOKBOOK RECIPES

Book of survival. Accessed via camp menu. Game Poacher Characters gather 25% faster.
PART ONE: Survival, Ranged Weaponry, and Shields
~ Survival = Gather Sumpter Horse, Furs, Honey, Wood, Raw Fish, Wax, Wooden Sticks, and Stones, over time, in order from most to least rare.
Throwing
~ Throwing Knives = Stones (+)
~ Javelin = Wooden Stick + Throwing Knives (-)(K)
~ Throwing Axes = Tools + Bolts (-)
Archery
~ Arrows = Wooden Stick + Stones (+)(K)
~ Hunting Bow = Wooden Stick + Wool + Wax (-)(K)
Crossbows
~ Bolts = Arrows (-)(K)
~ Hunting Crossbow = Hunting Bow + Wood + Silk + Iron (-)(K)
Firearms
~ Cartridges = Iron + Sulphuric Acid (-)
~ Flintlock Pistol = Wood + Tools + Formaldehyde (-)
Shields
~ Wooden Shield = Wood + Wool (-)(K)
~ Fur Covered Shield = Wooden Shield + Furs (-)(K)
~ Steel Shield = Iron + Tools + Silk (-)
PART TWO: Melee Weaponry
One-Handed
~ Knife = Stones (+)
~ Club = Wooden Stick (+)(K)
~ Winged Mace = Iron + Club (-)(K)
~ Hatchet = Tools + Club (-)
~ Falchion = Iron + Tools + Oil (-)
Two-Handed
~ Maul = Iron + Staff (-)(K)
~ Axe = Tools + Quarter Staff (-)
~ Bastard Sword = Iron + Tools + Oil (-)
Polearm
~ Staff = Wooden Stick (+)(K)
~ Quarter Staff = Wood (-)(K)
~ Shortened Spear = Knife + Staff (+)
~ Spear = Shortened Spear + Quarter Staff (-)
~ Glaive = Spear + Iron + Tools (-)
PART THREE: Armor
Head
~ Headcloth = Furs (-)(K)
~ Felt Hat = Wool + Furs (-)(K)
~ Fur Hat = Linen + Furs (-)(K)
~ Leather Cap = Furs + Silk (-)(K)
Torso
~ Shirt = Furs (-)(K)
~ Rawhide Coat = Wool + Furs (-)(K)
~ Fur Coat = Linen + Furs (-)(K)
~ Leather Jerkin = Furs + Silk (-)(K)
Feet
~ Wrapping Boots = Furs (-)(K)
~ Hide Boots = Wool + Furs (-)(K)
~ Nomad Boots = Linen + Furs (-)(K)
~ Leather Boots = Furs + Silk (-)(K)
Hands
~ Leather Gloves = Furs + Silk (-)(K)
(+) = Net Profit
(-) = Net Loss
(K) = Requires Knife as equipment

~ II5 ~ FARMER'S ALMANAC RECIPES

Book of agriculture. Accessed via village menu. Butcher's Helper characters receive twice as much Flesh or Horse Meat from Rendering. Farmhand characters gather 25% faster.
~ Agriculture = Gather Crocuses, Eggs, Wool, Beef, Pork, Wheat, Chicken, Milk, Grapes, Apples, Cabbages, and Entrails, over time, in order from most to least rare.
Baking
~ Flour = Wheat (+)
~ Cheese x2 = Milk + Entrails (+)
~ Butter x2 = Milk + Salt (-)
~ Bread x2 = Flour + Butter (-)
Butchering
~ Dried Meat x2 = Beef or Flesh + Salt (-)
~ Sausages x2 = Pork or Flesh + Entrails (+)
Brewing
~ Ale x2 = Apples + Wheat (+)
~ Wine x2 = Grapes + Honey (+)
Processing
~ Flesh + Blood = Corpse (-)
~ Venison + Blood = Horse Corpse (-)
~ Spice = Crocuses x2 (+)
Seasonal Favorites
~ Nog = Milk + Spice + Eggs (-)(W)
~ Glogg = Mulberries + Spice + Honey (-)(W)
~ Blood Pudding = Blood + Spice + Wheat (-)(W)
(+) = Net Profit
(-) = Net Loss
(W) = Requires Wooden Stick as equipment

~ II6 ~ CRAFTSMAN'S JOURNAL RECIPES

Book of industry. Accessed via village menu. Craftsman's Apprentice characters gather 25% faster.
~ Industry = Gather Diamonds, Gold, Silk, Sulphur, Formaldehyde, Oil, Iron, Salt, Silver, Crystal, Mulberries, and Clay over time, in order from most to least rare.
Hobbies
~ Candles = Wax x2 (/)
~ Pottery = Clay x2 (/)
Textiles
~ Linen = Wool x2 (-)
~ Velvet = Silk x2 (+)
Manufacturing
~ Tools x2 = Iron + Oil (+)
~ Mouse Trap = Tools (-)
~ Sickle = Staff + Tools (-)
~ Hay Fork = Staff + Tools (-)
~ Spade Shovel = Staff + Tools (-)
~ Grain Scythe = Staff + Tools (-)
~ Meat Grinder = Iron x4 + Tools + Wood (-)
(+) = Net Profit
(-) = Net Loss
(/) = No Net Profit or Loss

~ II7 ~ MAN OUT OF TIME RECIPES

Book of science. Accessed via camp menu. University Student characters gather 25% faster.
~ Theories = Gather experience.
Practice
~ ECT Machine = 1 Tools + 1 Crystal + 1 Wood + 1 Gold + 1 Sulfuric Acid + 1 Linen. (-)
(-) = Net Loss

~ II8 ~ MALLEUS MALEFICARUM RECIPES

Book of inquisition. Accessed via camp menu. University Student characters gather 25% faster.
Section I
~ Identifying the Root = Gather Cure Herbs, Mandrake, Crocuses, Tea, Coffee, and Wheat over time, in order from most to least rare.
~ Note: Always carry Wax when gathering, or finding Mandrake will kill you.
Section II
~ Clearing the Mind = 1 Furs + 1 Crystal + 1 Mandrake. (-)
~ Preparing the Body = 1 Furs + 1 Gold + 1 Mandrake. (+)
~ Cleansing the Hands = 1 Furs + 1 Velvet + 1 Mandrake. (-)
~ Consecrating the feet = 1 Furs + 1 Oil + 1 Mandrake. (-)
Section III
~ Trial by Iron = 1 Iron + 1 Tools + 1 Mandrake. (-)
~ Trial by Silver = 1 Silver + 1 Wood + 1 Mandrake. (-)
~ Trial by Salt = 1 Salt + 1 Wood + 1 Mandrake. (-)
(+) = Net Profit
(-) = Net Loss

~ II9 ~ NECRONOMICON RECIPES

Book of necromancy. Accessed via camp menu. Investigator characters gather 25% faster.
Part One: Acolyte Necromancy ~ Has spoken to the Bloodfountain and received the Acolyte's Ceremony set and Skeleton Key.
~ Scavenge = Gather Patchwork (and Filth after receiving improved Scavenging).
~ Blood, Eyes, Brain, Heart, Liver, Entrails, Skin, Bones, Flesh, Death Hands, Death Feet, Death Body, Death Head = Human Corpse
~ Bezoar Amulet (+1 First aid) = Liver, Silver
~ Ouija Board (+1 Tracking) = Wood, Graveyard Soil, Blood
~ Training Dummy (+1 Trainer) = Death Body, Tools, Wood
~ Bread of the Dead = Bones, Flour
Part Two: Practitioner Necromancy ~ Has completed the previous five recipes, and can create the Necromancer's Withering set.
~ Zombie = Corpse, *Ouija Board
~ Death Horse = Horse Corpse, *Ouija Board
~ Legion Drum (+1 Pathfinding) = Skin, Heart, Wood
~ Hand of Glory (+1 Looting) = Death Hands, Salt, Candles
~ Evil Eye (+1 Spotting) = Crystal, Eyes, Candles
~ Pandora's Box (+1 Trade) = Bones, Gold, Entrails
~ Chains of Mephistopheles (+1 Prisoner Management) = Oil, Bones, Heart, Iron
~ Skin Poppet (+1 Tactics) = Wool, Skin, Brain, Tools
Part Three: Adept Necromancy ~ Has completed the previous ten recipes, and can create the Fleshburner's Char, the Plaguedoctor's Remedy, or the Bloodpreserver's Eulogy set.
~ Philosopher Stone (+1 Surgery) = Heart, Brain, Diamonds, Gold
~ Black Ring (+1 Weapon Master) = Death Feet, Oil, Tools, Silver
~ Burned Zombie, Revenant, Horror, Abomination or Death Horse = Undead Minion or Death Horse, Oil, *Philosopher Stone. Basic Zombie characters can also burn themselves.
~ Miasmic Artillery (+1 Engineer) = Horse Corpse, Sulfuric Acid, Linen, Pottery
~ Putrid Zombie, Revenant, Horror, Abomination or Death Horse = Undead Minion or Death Horse, Sulfuric Acid, *Philosopher Stone. Basic Zombie characters can also boil themselves.
~ Shrunken Head (+1 Wound Treatment) = Death Head, Formaldehyde, Salt, Wood
~ Preserved Zombie, Revenant, Horror, Abomination or Death Horse = Undead Minion or Death Horse, Formaldehyde, *Philosopher Stone. Basic Zombie characters can also preserve themselves.
Part Four: Summoner Necromancy ~ Has completed the previous six recipes, and can create the Hellraiser's Abbatoir, the Shadowlord's Presence, or the Artificer's Tools set.
~ Familiar (+2 Random stat While Healthy) = Candles, Spice, Horse Corpse, *Philosopher Stone
~ Bloodwine = Blood, Wine, *Philosopher Stone
~ Demon (x3) = Candles, Spice, Corpse, Ouija Board, *Philosopher Stone
~ Homunculus (x2) = Silver (x2), Corpse, Evil Eye, Oil, *Philosopher Stone, *Ouija Board
~ Clay Golem = Clay (x3), Corpse, Tools, Philosopher Stone, *Ouija Board
Part Five: High Priest Necromancy ~ Has completed the previous four recipes, and can become a Lich via the Underworld Gate, or a Vampire or a Werewolf via The Bloodfountain.
~ Keres (x6) = Spice (x2), Candles, Corpse, Ouija Board, *Philosopher Stone
~ Hellworm (x13) = Spice (x4), Candles, Corpse, Ouija Board, *Philosopher Stone
~ Brollachan (x4) = Silver (x4), Corpse, Evil Eye, Oil, *Philosopher Stone, *Ouija Board
~ Iron Golem = Iron (x9), Oil, Tools, Philosopher Stone, *Ouija Board
~ Gold = Iron, Blood, *Philosopher Stone
~ Gold Golem = Iron Golem, Blood (x5), *Philosopher Stone
~ Mumiyo (+1 to All stats after developing addiction) = Flesh, Spice, Graveyard Soil, *Philosopher Stone

~ II10 ~ CORPSEHUSBANDRY RECIPES

~ As Ishtar's third task, she will teach you the secrets of Corpsehusbandry, a method by which you may both consecrate and desecrate the corpse of a Slave Girl, turning her into a powerful Necromantic artifact called a Corpsewife.
~ Over time, your Corpsewife will begin to rot, progressing eventually through Autolysis, Bloat, Active Decay, Skeletonization, and finally Liquification. This process naturally takes thirteen days.
~ The rituals must be completed in order, except the very first ritual, which may be completed at any stage before the last, and doubles the days left on the Corpsewife at the time it is completed.
~ Each of the other rituals will preserve your Corpsewife one day longer, and raise your Intelligence and lower your Charisma by one point each.
~ If the three rituals of a stage are not completed by the time the body rots to the next stage, they will not be able to be completed unless a new Corpsewife is created.
~ The last ritual of the fourth stage finally ends the rotting process.
-Any-
*13 The Willing Body (Torso): Must retrieve Wood, Iron, Wool and Velvet, to create a coffin to keep your Corpsewife in. Doubles Corpsedecay points. Other rituals add 1 to Corpsedecay points.
-Autolysis-
*12 The Humble Image (Head): Must retrieve a Straightrazor, to cut your Corpsewife's hair and nails, and Silver to make a locket with the word "Always" on it, to seal a bit of her hair and nails inside, to wear around your neck.
11 The Welcoming Embrace (Hands): Must retrieve Gold, to make a ring to put on her left middle finger, and Leather Gloves to hold your Corpsewife's severed left ring finger, which you will keep in your right pocket.
10 The Silent Step (Feet): Must retrieve Woolen Hose for your Corpsewife to wear on her feet, and Blue Hose to hold your Corpsewife's severed right big toe, which you will keep in your left pocket.
-Bloat-
*09 The Vigilant Watch (Eyes): Must retrieve a Knife, and Crystal to replace your Corpsewife's decaying eyes after you cut them out, and Linen to make a sash to wear, to sew her severed eyelids onto. Carried at the right shoulder.
08 The Enduring Composure (Entrails): Must retrieve Ale, Flour and Clay to create a cement, to fill and solidify your Corpsewife's stomach and entrails. You keep a small amount of the mixture, and sculpt it into a buckle for your belt, with the word "Never" on it.
07 The Resilient Spirit (Liver): Must retrieve Furs, to make a wineskin to replace your Corpsewife's liver, and Salt, to tan her liver to make a wineskin for yourself - and Wine to fill them both. Carried at the left shoulder.
-Active Decay-
06 The Prudent Mind (Brain): Must retrieve 1000 Denars to fill your Corpsewife's skull, as her brain decays, 1 Denar of which you will keep in your chest pocket - and then you will seal her ears with Wax. The coin will always be used for coin flips, without the need for at least 1 denar.
05 The Nourishing Kiss (Blood): Must retrieve Pottery, to drain your Corpsewife's blood into, and Diamonds to swallow, as you drink her long-dead ichor and then vomit, the jewel will become lodged in your stomach lining, making you feel nauseous until the next ritual is completed.
*04 The Faithful Soul (Heart): Must retrieve a Dagger and Oil, to heat the blade to red hot, and thrust it through your Corpsewife's rotten heart, cooking it instantly, and preserving it within her chest. This leaves a scar from the burn, on your left hand.
-Skeletonization-
03 The Withered Shape (Flesh): Must retrieve a Butchering Knife, to carve the salvageable flesh from your Corpsewife, and eat it, trying desperately not to vomit. This leaves a scar from a cut, on your right wrist, and you will feel nauseous until the next ritual is completed.
*02 The Revealed Scars (Skin): Must retrieve Silk, to create a dress to wrap your Corpsewife in, to preserve her skin, and everything it contains, as much as possible. You make a wrap for your left wrist from a bit of the leftover silk.
01 The Broken Pieces (Bones): Must retrieve Tools, to affix your Corpsewife's skeleton in place with metal wire, and metal rods, so that minor movements do not cause further decay. The Corpsewife will be fully preserved in this final state, and cease to decay any further. You craft a brace for your left wrist from the leftover wire and rods.
-Liquification-
00 The Corpsewife is useless, and is thrown out, and you must start over again, repeating all rituals from the beginning, and losing all previous progress.
(*) = These rituals change the appearance of the Corpsewife slightly.

~Total Materials~
Slave Girl
Wool, Iron, Wood, Velvet
Straightrazor, Silver
Gold, Leather Gloves
Woolen Hose, Blue Hose
Knife, Crystal, Linen
Ale, Flour, Clay
Wine, Furs, Salt
Wax, 1000 Denars
Pottery, Diamonds
Dagger, Oil
Butchering Knife
Silk
Tools

Last edited:
III: LOCATION RECIPES
~ III1 ~ HEBE'S CUP RECIPES

* This chest will create new items when the proper combination of items are placed inside, as follows:
~ Bone Lyre of Persephone = 1 Lute + 1 Pandora's Box + 1 Apples (Troubador only; must receive a card while playing music for tips first)
~ Poseidon's Trident = 1 Strange Shell + 4 Horse Corpses (Werewolf only; must ask Crossbones about the Strange Shell first)
~ 9 Diamonds = 1 Elixir Adamas + 9 Wood
~ Respite and Nepenthe = See ~ V1 ~ RESPITE AND NEPENTHE

~ III2 ~ BLOODFOUNTAIN RECIPES

* Necromancy Rank ~ Item = Ingredients
Ac ~ Necronomicon = Human Corpse, Diamonds
Ac ~ Skeleton Key = Human Corpse, Gold
Ac ~ Troubadour: Bloodphone = Vesselx1, Toolsx1, Bloodx1
Ac ~ Acolyte's Ceremony (Set) = Human Corpsex3, Iron, Velvet, or trade Vessel
Pr ~ Necromancer's Withering (Set) = Human Corpse x6, Horse Corpse, or trade Fracture
Ad ~ Fleshburner's Char (Set) = Human corpse x3, Oil, Wood, Candles, Horse Corpse, or trade Kindling
Ad ~ Plaguedoctor's Remedy (Set) = Human Corpse x3, Sulfuric Acid, Tools, Linen, Horse Corpse or trade Crashkit
Ad ~ Bloodpreserver's Eulogy (Set) = Human corpse x3, Formaldehyde, Gold, Graveyard Soil, Horse Corpse, or trade Inheritance
Su ~ Hellraiser's Abattoir Set (Set) = Ouija Board x6, or trade Tongueflayer
Su ~ Shadowlord's Presence Set (Set) = Evil Eye x6, or trade Usurper
Su ~ Artificer's Tools Set (Set) = Philosopher Stone x6, or trade Torque
Hi ~ Solar Porphyria (+ 6 Agi - 6 Cha) + Vampire's Livery (Set) = Vampire Blood, 24 Agi, 12 Str
Hi ~ Lunar Lycanthropy (+ 6 Str - 6 Int) + Werewolf's Howl (Set) = Werewolf Blood, 24 Str, 12 Agi

~ III3 ~ MARSHMALLOW CAULDRON RECIPES

* This chest will create new items when the proper combination of items are placed inside, as follows. Will also periodically destroy anything but Marshmallows inside (other than the Infinity Stone):
~ Marshmallows = 4 Eyes + 1 Honey (Mummer only, must receive a card while performing as a mummer for tips first)
* Note: Maneater Mummer characters can automatically access Buxworth's menu, and do not need to complete this recipe.

~ III4 ~ UNDERWORLD GATE RECIPES

* The last two recipes require that the character be a Lich.
* All recipes require the Infinity Stone as equipment:
~ Hematite = 1 Ouija Board, 1 Hand of Glory, 1 Legion Drum, 1 Bezoar Amulet, 1 Pandora's Box, 1 Evil Eye, 1 Philosopher Stone, 1 Skin Poppet, 1 Chains of Mephistopheles, 1 Training Dummy, 1 Shrunken Head, 1 Black Ring, 1 Miasmic Artillery
~ Lich = High Priest Necromancy Rank, 18 Intelligence, 18 Charisma
~ Necrotic Familiar = 1 Dead Familiar, 1 Philosopher Stone
~ Demilich = 3 Prisoners, 3 Philosopher Stones, 3 Evil Eyes, 3 Ouija Boards, 1 Random Point of Strength or Agility.

IV: ITEMS
~ IV1 ~ ITEM SKILL BONUSES

#BONUSES SKILL ~ ITEMS WITH BONUS
7 Weapon Master ~ Black Ring, Inheritance, Shadowlord's Whispers, Alchemist's Parry, The Wolfsbane Alpha, Hematite, Strange Sword, Chrysaor, Moon Tooth
6 Trade ~ Pandora's Box, Vessel, Bloodpreserver's Countenance, Hematite, Poe's Quill, Strange Armor, Moon Tooth
8 Tracking ~ Ouija Board, Kindling, Hunter's Stars, Relentless Hunter's Stars, Metatron, Cerberus, Lich's Crown, Hematite, Moon Tooth
6 Trainer ~ Training Dummy, Necromancer's Stroke, Falconry Gloves 'O.Z. Corvus', Hematite, Bloodstone, Black Helmet, Moon Tooth
7 Spotting ~ Evil Eye, Necromancer's Blindness, Shadowlord's Projection, Artificer's Lenses, Silver Spectacles 'NA CL AG', Hematite, Manticore, Moon Tooth
6 Prisoner Management ~ Chains of Mephistopheles, Hellraiser's Thumbscrews, Usurper, Zeus' Sorrow, Hematite, Strange Great Sword, Moon Tooth
11 Pathfinding ~ Skin Drum, Fleshburner's Panic, Hellraiser's Pokers, Artificer's Wheel, Horseman's Death, Hematite, Poseidon's Trident, Bone Lyre of Persephone, Strange Boots, Pegasus, Moon Tooth, Talaria of Hermes, Skyclad
5 Looting ~ Hand of Glory, Acolyte's Sacrifice, Bloodpreserver's Casket, Khan's Fist, Hematite, Moon Tooth, Muckraker
7 Surgery ~ Philosopher Stone, Infinity Stone, Plaguedoctor's Filter, The Undying Sword of Vlad Dracula, Hematite, Fire of the Gods, Unicorn, Moon Tooth
7 Wound Treatment ~ Shrunken Head, Fracture, Plaguedoctor's Bandages, Bad Bone, Hematite, Helm of Prometheus, Black Armor, Mask of the Rat King, Moon Tooth, Terror Mask
6 First Aid ~ Bezoar Amulet, Fleshburner's Blisters, Crashkit, Good Bone, Hematite, Strange Short Sword, Moon Tooth
8 Engineer ~ Miasmic Artillery, Torque, Fortunato's Sign, Fortunato's Stone, The Pendulum, Hematite, Black Greaves, Man Out of Time, Moon Tooth
6 Tactics ~ Skin Poppet, Tongueflayer, Medusa's Head, Pox of the Red Death, Hematite, Strange Helmet, Moon Tooth

~ Artifacts: 16
~ Weapons: 26
~ Shields: 8
~ Helms: 10
~ Armors: 6
~ Boots: 6
~ Gloves: 4
~ Mount: 4
~ Ammunition: 2
= 82 items total

~ IV2 ~ NECROMANTIC SKILL ARTIFACTS vs ANTIHERO SKILL ARTIFACTS

*Ouija Board - Nightmare Cube (Antihero)
*Hand of Glory - Muckraker (Antihero)
*Legion Drum - Pegasus (Troubadour+Antihero)
*Bezoar Amulet - Slayer's Amulet
*Pandora's Box - Meat Grinder
*Evil Eye - Eye of Izanagi (Antihero)
*Philosopher Stone - Infinity Stone
*Skin Poppet - Rumplestiltskin (Antihero)
*Chains of Mephistopheles - Ghost Machine (Antihero)
*Training Dummy - Changeling Familiar (Antihero)
*Shrunken Head - Terror Mask (Demonic Possession)
*Black Ring - Chrysaor (Troubadour+Antihero)
*Miasmic Artillery - Man Out of Time (Antihero)

~ IV3 ~ FAMILIARS

* These pets have two life points each, measured in a bonus to the following attributes, while in the inventory:

FAMILIAR STAT
Toad Strength
Snake Agility
Spider Intelligence
Rat Charisma
Black Cat Random
White Owl Random
Changeling All Four
Necrotic Same as in life

* Each day a random result will be pulled from the following table (unless it is a Necrotic Familiar):

1: Your pet is not hungry right now...
2: Your pet is hungry. Feed it anything. Will lose a life point if not fed by next check.
3: Your pet needs more than sustenance. Feed it Blood. Will gain a life point if currently less than two. Will lose a life point if not fed Blood by next check.
4: Your pet is ravenous! Feed it a Horse Corpse. Will lose a life point if not fed a Horse Corpse by next check.
5: Your pet ate something poisonous. Feed it Milk. When you feed it milk, it will either stabilize, or lose a life point. Will lose a life point if not fed Milk by next check. Feeding it Nog will guarantee stabilization.
6: Your pet becomes ill. Feed it Wine. When you feed it wine, it will either stabilize, or lose a life point. Will lose a life point if not fed Wine by next check. Feeding it Bloodwine will will guarantee stabilization.

* If your Familiar loses all its life points it dies permanently, and you lose a net total of the two stat points from the bonus it gave, plus a point in the appropriate stat permanently.

V: TROOPS
~ V1 ~ RESPITE AND NEPENTHE

* Respite and Nepenthe are normal troops created via a customizable recipe.
* Only one of them can be created during any given game.
* They are gender-specific. Male characters can only summon Nepenthe, and female characters can only summon Respite.
* After finding Annabel's Ring in Fisdnar, if you ask The Raven about it, he will respond with a riddle. It refers to adding the following customizable recipe ingredients to the Cup of Hebe, along with Annabel's Ring, to summon your perfect demon lover...

"Here lies the body of Annabel Lee
No living woman was fairer than she
And no love ever loved was greater than
The love loved by she and her beloved man..."

* The prelude...

"If perfect love you also seek
Into her sepulchre then peek
A ruby from a foreign land
Bound with gold and coral band"
"A little wine, and some bread,
And candlelight, and a soft bed
Is quite the perfect way to say
I love you more each passing day..."

* Which means, start with:
~Annabel's Ring+Wine+Bread+Candles+Linen...

"And a heart, a diamond, a club, or a spade
Are the gambles on which the game is made
And when the chips are down, often decide
Where the winning hand abides..."

* Which means, add one of the following if desired:
+ (optional; pick one)
~ Club (Str+2,Agi+1,Int-2,Cha-1; Submissive: Almost never tumults when upset, but demands every day)...
~ Spade Shovel (Str+1,Agi+2,Int-1,Cha-2; Dominant: Almost always tumults when upset, but demands only every five days)...
~ Diamond (Str-2,Agi-1,Int+2,Cha+1; Materialistic: Tumults half as often when upset, but demands every three days)...
~ Heart (Str-1,Agi-2,Int+1,Cha+2; Passionate: Tumults twice as often when upset, but demands only every four days)...

"While something old, something new,
Something borrowed, or something blue
Will temper dispositions
For times of hard transition..."

*Which means, add one of the following if desired, as well:
+ (optional; pick one)
~ The Cask of Amontillado (Str+1, Furious Alcoholic: Demands Ale or Wine 50% of the time; Bloodwine can be given instead for an eventual bonus)...
~ The Telltale Heart (Agi+1, Murderous Fiend: Demands living Horse sacrifices 50% of the time; a living Prisoner can be given instead for an eventual bonus)...
~ The Purloined Letter (Int+1; Curious Bookworm: Demands common Books 50% of the time; The Necronomicon can be given instead for an eventual bonus)...
~ The Gold Bug (Cha+1; Covetous Hoarder: Demands Diamonds or Gold 50% of the time; a Philosopher Stone can be given instead for an eventual bonus)...

(Female characters only)
"Snakes, and snails, and puppy dog tails
Are how all bad boys are made
Mayhaps come Respite
Poured forth from they who lent thee
Nevermore will speak this riddle
Of this tomb above the waves..."

* And finally add:
~ Male: Barbed Arrows (Snakes) and Scale Gauntlets (Snails), and Werewolf Blood (Puppydog Tails) = Respite

(Male characters only)
"Sugar, and spice, and everything nice
Are what every bad girl craves
Mayhaps come Nepenthe
Poured forth from they who lent thee
Nevermore will speak this riddle
Of this tomb above the waves..."

* And finally add:
~ Female: Honey (Sugar) and Spice (Spice), and Vampire Blood (Everything Nice) = Nepenthe

* Once created, Respite or Nepenthe will occasionally make Demands, as follows. The frequency of demand, will depend on certain choices made at their creation, as listed above. Every two days is the standard check:

* Demands:
~ Nothing
~ Graveyard Soil
~ Human Corpse
~ Horse Corpse
~ Wax
~ Clay
~ Candles
~ Flour
~ Pottery
~ Wool
~ Wood
~ Wine
~ Crystal
~ Necronomicon
~ Linen
~ Silver
~ Salt
~ Iron
~ Furs
~ Tools
~ Oil
~ Sulfuric Acid
~ Formaldehyde
~ Silk
~ Gold
~ Velvet
~ Diamonds

* Depending on certain choices made at their creation, as listed above, Respite or Nepenthe will make Special Demands 50% of the time, as follows:

* Alcoholic Special Demands:
~ Ale
~ Wine
~ Bloodwine
* Giving Bloodwine six times causes them to produce items for the player, from the following list instead, whenever this chance occurs:
~ Ale
~ Wine
~ Bloodwine

* Fiend Special Demands:
~ Sumpter Horse
~ Saddle Horse
~ Steppe Horse
~ Hunter
~ Courser
~ Warhorse
~ Charger
~ Prisoner
* Giving a Prisoner six times causes them to produce items for the player, from the following list instead, whenever this chance occurs:
~ Human Corpse
~ Acolyte's Sacrifice
~ Ghastly Right Cleaver
~ Butcher's Cap
~ Butcher's Apron
~ Butcher's Shoes

* Bookworm Special Demands:
~ De Re Militari (+1 Tactics)
~ Rhetorica ad Herennium (+1 Charisma)
~ The Life of Alixenus the Great (+1 Strength)
~ Essays on Logic (+1 Intelligence)
~ A Treatise on the Value of Things (+1 Trade)
~ On the Art of Fighting with Swords (+1 Agility)
~ Method of Mechanical Theorems (+1 Engineer)
~ The Book of Healing (+1 Wound Treatment)
~ Manual of Arms (+1 Trainer)
~ The Great Book of Surgery (+1 Surgery)
~ The Necronomicon
* Each book given, enhances their abilities, as listed above. Giving the Necronomicon six times causes them to produce items for the player, from the following list instead, whenever this chance occurs:
~ Bezoar Amulet
~ Ouija Board
~ Training Dummy
~ Bread of the Dead
~ Death Horse
~ Legion Drum
~ Hand of Glory
~ Evil Eye
~ Pandora's Box
~ Chains of Mephistopheles
~ Skin Poppet
~ Philosopher Stone
~ Black Ring
~ Miasmic Artillery
~ Shrunken Head
~ Bloodwine
~ Gold
~ Mumiyo

* Hoarder Special Demands:
~ Silk
~ Gold
~ Velvet
~ Diamonds
~ Philosopher Stone
* Giving a Philosopher Stone six times causes them to produce items for the player, from the following list instead, whenever this chance occurs:
~ Crystal
~ Diamonds
~ Philosopher Stone

* When your lovers Demands go unfulfilled until the next check, Tumults may occur - these represent hardships on the five Paths of Love.
* It is assumed the relationship begins on the fifth path, and will stay there without interference. Keep your lover happy, and never fear.
~ Path of the Hand:
Temperance = They forgive you, or otherwise no path change.

* The first time your lover is offended, a random choice is made between Tumults on a randomly chosen path, among Diamonds, Spades and Clubs. Paths are as follows:
~ Path of Diamonds:
Sloth = She/he is injured and may die. Love troop status is perpetually set to wounded. If a doctor is found, heals to normal, and to Clubs. Otherwise, to Hearts.
Envy = You both grow discontent, dreaming of something better. No other effects other than going randomly to Clubs or Spades. How boring.
Gluttony = You are separated in battle. Love troop is removed from the party and randomply spawned on the world map. If found before next check, to Spades. Otherwise, to Hearts.
~ Path of Spades:
Delusion = You go slightly insane, until you can find the cure. Gains audible hallucinations (no change for Madness characters, unless previously cured). Positive results on a follow up round of gifts will cure them (no change for Madness characters). An ECT may also cure them. Go randomly to Diamonds or Clubs.
Greed = A minor demon takes control of you until you can find the solution. Gains bad luck (no change for Demon Possessed characters, unless previously exorcised). Positive results on a follow up round of gifts will cure them (no change for Demon Possessed characters). An exorcism will also cure them. Go randomly to Clubs or Hearts.
~ Path of Clubs:
Lust = You leave her/him. Love troop is removed from the party and randomply spawned on the world map. If found before next check, to Diamonds. Otherwise, to Hearts.
Pride = She/he suffers a breakdown and kicks you out. If crocuses or blood pudding are given by next check, then to Diamonds. Otherwise, to Spades.
Wrath = She/he cheats on you and you try to kill her lover. Spawns Casanova/Harlot party nearby. If they are killed before next check, to Hearts. Otherwise, to Spades.
~ Path of Hearts:
The Rise = Love endures beyond all hope. Randomly to Diamonds, Spades or Clubs.
The Fall = You permanently lose her/him. -3 to all Attributes. The End.

* If Respite/Nepenthe dies or is lost, your character will never love again. Keep them alive at all costs!

Last edited:
~ V2 ~ REGULAR TROOPS

* Mortals - These troops are mortal beings.
~ Slave Girl - Level 1 - Infantry - Can be upgraded to Follower Woman normally. Abused and neglected, they seldom even have equipment...
~ Hawk - Level 3 - Infantry - Cannot be upgraded. Hard to damage (Invisibility pieces). Wields Scimitarx1.75dmg equivalent. Recruited by Hawkers over time.
~ Hawker - Level 14 - Infantry - Cannot be upgraded. If kept in party, has a random chance of recruiting a Hawk periodically.
~ Erinys - Level 25 - Mounted - Can be upgraded from a Sword Sister by Antihero characters only, with Gold. They wear the Helm of Prometheus and Skyclad, and wield the Fire of the Gods. With a Steel Shield, and riding atop a Charger, their only real weakness is their lack of armor.
~ Assassin - Level 25 - Ranged - Can be upgraded from a Mercenary Crossbowmen by Assassin characters only, with Cartridges. Light Leather Armor for maneuverability, and they usually prefer a flintlock pistol. They use a dagger for close combat, and require protection there. They have high ranged weapon skills.
~ Alchemist - Level 30 - Infantry - Cannot be upgraded. These troops wear basic clothing, and wield the Alchemist's Adamant Set.
~ Slayer - Level 30 - Ranged - Cannot be upgraded. These troops wear leather armor, and wield a winged mace and a formidable pistol crossbow.

* Infected - These troops are mortal, and victims of the Black Death plague.
~ Infected Woman - Level 2 - Infantry - Cannot be upgraded. A weakened and miserable sufferer of the plague. Wears Plague Shroud, and cloth armor, and wields a staff.
~ Infected Man - Level 4 - Infantry - Cannot be upgraded. A slightly less-weakened sufferer of the plague. Wears Plague Shroud, and cloth armor, and wields a staff.
~ Plague Rats - Level 5 - Infantry - Cannot be upgraded. These troops are used mainly for causing Infestation at towns and castles. Hard to damage (invisibility pieces), and weapon equivalent of a Scimitar.

* Necromancer Troops
~ Acolyte - Level 4 - Infantry - Can be upgraded by a Practitioner Necromancy Rank character, to Scavenger with Graveyard Soil, or to Necromancer with Human Corpse. Wears and wields the Acolyte's Ceremony set. May or may not have a shield.
~ Necromancer - Level 9 - Possibly Mounted - Can be upgraded by an Adept Necromancy Rank character, to Fleshburner with Oil, to Plaguedoctor with Sulfuric Acid, or to Bloodpreserver with Formaldehyde. Wears and wields the Necromancer's Withering set.
~ Fleshburner - Level 14 - Possibly Mounted - Can be upgraded by a Summoner Necromancy Rank character, to Hellraiser with Ouija Board, to Shadowlord with Evil Eye, or to Artificer with Philosopher Stone. Wears and wields the Fleshburner's Char set.
~ Hellraiser - Level 19 - Possibly Mounted - Cannot be upgraded. Wears and wields the Hellraiser's Abbatoir set.
~ Scavenger - Level 19 - Possibly Mounted - Cannot be upgraded. Wears and wields random items from the other Necromancy sets.
~ Plaguedoctor - Level 20 - Possibly Mounted - Can be upgraded by a Summoner Necromancy Rank character, to Hellraiser with Ouija Board, to Shadowlord with Evil Eye, or to Artificer with Philosopher Stone. Wears and wields the Plaguedoctor's Remedy set.
~ Shadowlord - Level 20 - Possibly Mounted - Cannot be upgraded. Wears and wields the Shadowlord's Presence set
~ Bloodpreserver - Level 25 - Possibly Mounted - Can be upgraded by a Summoner Necromancy Rank character, to Hellraiser with Ouija Board, to Shadowlord with Evil Eye, or to Artificer with Philosopher Stone. Wears and wields the Bloodpreserver's Eulogy set.
~ Artificer - Level 25 - Possibly Mounted - Cannot be upgraded. Wears and wields the Artificer's Tools set.

* Patchwork Troops - These are all troops as defined as lesser undead that suffer from impaired movement and equipment cohesion difficulties:
~ Patchwork - Level 4 - Possibly Ranged - Cannot be upgraded. Cloth equivalent armor and armed with a Wooden Stick and Stones. Good thing names will never hurt you.
~ River Styx Pirate - Level 15 - Possibly Ranged - Cannot be upgraded. No armor. Wields a Scimitar and a Flintlock Pistol.
~ Filth - Level 15 - Possibly Ranged - Cannot be upgraded. No armor. Wields a Morningstar and a Flintlock Pistol.
~ Slime - level 25 - Possibly Ranged - Cannot be upgraded. No armor. Wields a Morningstarx2dmg and Stonesx2dmg equivalents.
~ Imhotep - level 30 - Infantry - Cannot be upgraded. Godlike Plate armor and Godlike Scimitar equivalents.

* Undead Troops - These are standard undead troops. There are Burned (faster), Boiled (tougher) and Preserved (stronger) versions of each:
~ Zombie - Level 4 - Infantry - Can be upgraded to Revenant normally. Leather equivalent armor. Various low-level melee weapons.
~ Revenant - Level 14 - Ranged - Can be upgraded to Horror normally. Leather equivalent armor. Various ranged weaponry.
~ Horror - Level 19 - Mounted - Can be upgraded to Abomination normally. Leather equivalent armor. Various polearms and
~ Abomination - Level 25 - Infantry - Cannot be upgraded. Mail equivalent armor. Wields Ghastly Right Meat Cleaver and Ghastly Left Meat Cleaver.
~ Andre - Levels 13-38 - Infantry - Upgrades drastically as his dolls are found and incorporated into his entourage. His pieces of equipment are the equivalents of a Shirt, Leather Cap, Mail Chausses, Heavy Bastard Sword, Steel Shield, and a Unique Godlike Throwing Weapon.

* Demons - These are infernal troops summoned from the Abyss, where all is blood and darkness...
~ The Chrysalis - Level 1 - Infantry - Can be upgraded to The Behemoth Worm after 30 days. Cloth helmet and otherwise hard to damage (Invisibility pieces). No weapons; must be protected!
~ Hellworm - Level 3 - Infantry - Cannot be upgraded. Hard to damage (Invisibility pieces) and Mail equivalent armor. Wields Scimitarx1.75dmg equivalent. The advanced "cannon fodder" of the high-level troops.
~ Demon - Level 10 - Infantry - Can be upgraded to Destroyer normally. Mail equivalent armor and shield. Wields Butchering Knifex2dmg equivalent. The basic "cannon fodder" of the high-level troops.
~ Keres - Level 10 - Infantry - Cannot be upgraded. Mail/2arm equivalent armor. Wields Grain Scythex2dmg equivalent. Half the armor of a Demon, but you can summon twice as many for twice the Spice. More fodder!
~ Tsukumogami Koto - Level 10 - Infantry - If all three pieces are brought together, will automatically upgrade to the Tsukumogami Collection. Hard to damage (Invisibility pieces). No weapons.
~ Tsukumogami Lantern - Level 10 - Infantry - If all three pieces are brought together, will automatically upgrade to the Tsukumogami Collection. Hard to damage (Invisibility pieces). No Weapons.
~ Tsukumogami Wine Jar - Level 10 - Infantry - If all three pieces are brought together, will automatically upgrade to the Tsukumogami Collection. Hard to damage (Invisibility pieces). Wields Maulx2dmg equivalent.
~ Tsukumogami Collection - Level 30 - Infantry - Cannot be upgraded. Hard to damage (Invisibility pieces) and Plate equivalent armor. Wields Maulx2dmg equivalent.
~ Destroyer - Level 30 - Infantry - Cannot be upgraded. Plate equivalent armor. Wields Maulx2dmg equivalent. Massive blunt damage for foddering up your prisoner roster as well.
~ Respite and Nepenthe - Level 30 - Infantry - Cannot be upgraded. Plate equivalent armor. Wields random shields and weapons from other Demon troops. Must be protected! If they die you will lose 3 from all stats!

* Homunculi - These are evil fairies from The Underworld.
~ Brollachan - Level 16 - Infantry - Upgrades to Homunculus normally. Mail equivalent armor. No weapons. Used as distraction troops. Summon double the troops for double the Silver!
~ Homunculus - Level 16 - Infantry - Upgrades to Shadow Knight normally. Mail equivalent armor and shield. Wields Falchionx2dmg equivalent. A good well-rounded high-level troop.
~ Shadow Knight - Level 30 - Mounted - Upgrades to Royal Guard normally. Plate equivalent armor. Wields Poleaxex2dmg equivalent. Rides a Shadowbeast. Does great couched-lance damage. Formidable damage and reach when unhorsed as well.
~ Royal Guard - Level 30 - Infantry - Cannot be upgraded. Hard to damage (Invisibility pieces). Wields the Shadowlord's Devourer for massive cutting damage and good reach.

* Golems - These are constructs, given life through magical means.
~ Galatea - Level 9 - Infantry - Cannot be upgraded. Plate/2arm equivalent armor. Wields Military Hammerx2dmg equivalent. Basically a groupie for Troubadour characters.
~ Ghostwood Nymph - Level 9 - Infantry - Cannot be upgraded. Mailx2arm equivalent armor. Wields Practice Axex2dmg equivalent. Follows player characters back from The Faire.
~ Clay Golem - Level 25 - Infantry - Upgrades to Blood Engine normally. Mail equivalent armor and shield. Wields One-handed Battle Axex2dmg(blunt) equivalent. Good blunt damage.
~ Iron Golem - Level 25 - Infantry - Can be upgraded by a High Priest Necromancy Rank character, to Gold Golem with five Blood. Same armor, shield and weapon equivalents as Clay Golem, with x2arm and +25%dmg. Great blunt damage.
~ Gold Golem - Level 25 - Infantry - Cannot be upgraded. Same armor, shield and weapon equivalents as Clay Golem, with x3arm and +50%dmg. Massive blunt damage.
~ Fist of the Gods - Level 25 - Ranged - Cannot be upgraded. Same armor, shield and weapon equivalents as Gold Golem, with Gold Golem Head Godlike, Blood Engine Cannon Godlike and Blood Engine Cannon Balls Godlike. Massive ranged damage.
~ Terracotta Warrior - Level 25 - Possibly Ranged - Cannot be upgraded. Mail equivalent armor. Wields The Rising Sun weapons, and Throwing Daggers-1dmg equivalent.
~ Blood Engine - Level 30 - Ranged - Can be upgraded by a Mortician character, to Sludge Golem with Coffin Nails (reusable). Plate equivalent armor. Wields Unique Firearm and Artificers Bearingsx2dmg equivalents.
~ Sludge Engine - Level 30 - Ranged - Cannot be upgraded. Plate equivalent armor. Wields Unique Firearm(blunt) and Artificers Bearingsx2dmg(blunt) equivalents.

* Shock Troops - These are troops that were once human, but have undergone a dark and powerful undead transformation.
~ Grue - Level 25 - Mounted - Cannot be upgraded. Wears unique armor, and wields a Gruefork for good couched-lance damage. Rides a mount also called a Grue. Excellent damage and protection, and good speed. Deadly to infantry. Vulnerable to ranged weaponry.
~ Vampire - Level 30 - Infantry - Cannot be upgraded. Wears and wields the Vampire's Livery set. Godlike speed, massive piercing damage, and great reach. Deadly to cavalry. Slightly vulnerable to ranged weaponry.
~ Werewolf - Level 30 - Infantry - Cannot be upgraded. Wears and wields the Werewolf's Howl set. Godlike damage and protection, and good speed. Deadly to infantry. Resistant to ranged weaponry.
~ Demilich - Level 30 - Infantry - Cannot be upgraded. Wears and wields the Demilich's Suffering set, and is slightly hard to damage (Invisibility pieces). Great blend of damage, reach, speed, and protection. Deadly to infantry or cavalry.

~ V3 ~ COMPANIONS

LVL ~ COMPANION ~ LIKES ~ DISLIKES ~ PERSONALITY ~ HOME
1 ~ Marnid ~ Borcha ~ Beheshtur/Deshavi ~ Humanitarian2/Honest ~ Sargoth
1 ~ Ymira ~ Alayen ~ Artimenner/Matheld ~ Humanitarian4/Cowardly ~ Veluca
2 ~ Alayen ~ Ymira ~ Nizar/Marnid ~ Aristocratic2/Honest ~ Rivacheg
2 ~ Deshavi ~ Klethi ~ Borcha/Rolf ~ Egalitarian3 ~ Kulum
2 ~ Klethi ~ Deshavi ~ Artimenner/Borcha ~ Aristocratic4/Evil ~ Uslum
3 ~ Borcha ~ Marnid ~ Deshavi/Klethi ~ Egalitarian4/Cowardly ~ Tshibtin
3 ~ Nizar ~ Matheld ~ Alayen/Firentis ~ Aristocratic3 ~ Ergellon Castle
4 ~ Jeremus ~ Firentis ~ Matheld/Artimenner ~ Humanitarian3 ~ Almerra Castle Uni
5 ~ Baheshtur ~ Rolf ~ Marnid/Katrin ~ Egalitarian3 ~ Halmar
5 ~ Lezalit ~ Artimenner ~ Ymira/Bunduk ~ Aristocratic4/Slaver ~ Ismirala Castle
6 ~ Firentis ~ Jeremus ~ Katrin/Nizar ~ Humanitarian2/Honest ~ Suno
7 ~ Artimenner ~ Lezalit ~ Klethi/Jeremus ~ Egalitarian2/Honest ~ Culmarr Castle
7 ~ Matheld ~ Nizar ~ Jeremus/Klethi ~ Aristocratic3 ~ Gundig's Point
8 ~ Katrin ~ Bunduk ~ Firentis/Baheshtur ~ Egalitarian3 ~ Praven
9 ~ Bunduk ~ Katrin ~ Firentis/Baheshtur ~ Humanitarian2/Egalit1 ~ Grunwalder Castle
10 ~ Rolf ~ Baheshtur ~ Marnid/Katrin ~ Egalitarian3 ~ Ehlerdah

LVL ~ MOD COMPANION ~ LIKES ~ DISLIKES ~ PERSONALITY ~ HOME
3 ~ The Raven ~ The Relentless H ~ Poe/Oak ~ Aristocratic4/Evil ~ Veidar
5 ~ Ash ~ Oak ~ The Behemoth W/Rasputin ~ Humanitarian1 ~ Wercheg
7 ~ Thorn ~ Crossbones ~ Oak/Dupin ~ Aristocratic1 ~ Khudan
9 ~ Oak ~ Ash ~ Thorn/The Raven ~ Egalitarian1 ~ Yalen
11 ~ Dupin ~ Poe ~ Fortunato/Thorn ~ Egalitarian4 ~ Old Salt Mine
13 ~ Rasputin ~ Fortunato ~ Stheno/Ash ~ Aristocratic4/Evil ~ Old Zendar
15 ~ Fortunato ~ Rasputin ~ Dupin/Poe ~ Aristocratic2/Dishonest ~ Praven
17 ~ Poe ~ Dupin ~ The Raven/Fortunato ~ Aristocratic4/Evil ~ Uslum
19 ~ The Undying SOVD ~ The Behemoth W ~ None ~ Aristocratic4/Evil ~ Old Four Ways Inn
21 ~ The Relentless H ~ The Raven ~ None ~ Aristocratic4 ~ Old Salt Mine
23 ~ Lamia ~ Stheno ~ None ~ Aristocratic3/Evil ~ Tebandra
25 ~ Crossbones ~ Thorn ~ None ~ Aristocratic3/Evil ~ Ambean
27 ~ Stheno ~ Lamia ~ Rasputin/The Behemoth W ~ Aristocratic4/Evil ~ Tulbuk
29 ~ The Behemoth W ~ The Undying SOVD ~ Ash/Stheno ~ Aristocratic4/Evil ~ Old Zendar
30 ~ Ishtar ~ ~ The Easterner ~ Aristocratic4/Evil ~ Dugan
30 ~ The Easterner ~ ~ Ishtar ~ Aristocratic4 ~ Jelbegi Castle

PERSONALITY TYPES
'Aristocratic' (Opposite: 'Cowardly'):
- Flee From Battle: This NPC will likely get upset any time
you choose to flee from battle.

'Egalitarian' (Opposite: 'Slaver'):
- Excessive Casualties: This NPC may get upset if you take an
excessive number of casualties during a battle. They are
more lenient if the battle has a good outcome.
- Men Unpaid: If you are unable to pay your men when pay day
arrives, this NPC will get upset.
- Men Hungry: If you have no food supplies and therefore
unable to feed your men, this NPC will get upset.

'Humanitarian' (Opposite: 'Evil'):
- Murder a Merchant: If the player completes this quest
they will upset a humanitarian NPC.
- Round Up Serfs: If the player completes this quest, which
involves rounding up serfs that have escaped from a noble,
then they risk upsetting a humanitarian NPC.
- Steal From Villagers: If you select the 'Take hostile
action' while in a town and then select 'Force the peasants
to give you supplies', you will risk upsetting this NPC.
- Loot A Village: If you choose to loot a village, this NPC
will become upset.

'Honest' (Opposite: 'Dishonest'):
- Squander Money: From the debt collection quest, if you don't repay
the quest giver the total amount owed, you risk upsetting an
honest NPC.
- Quest Failure: Certain quests if failed will upset an honest NPC.

HAPPY HUNTING, MOD MINIONS. ~ N0ught

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom