Does this happen to anyone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Aiello2k57

Recruit
Every gun seems to not be aligned with the reticule. The guns tend to shoot downward and not because of bullet drop, I aimed at some random unlucky guy's head at point blank range and it hit him in the waist. Does this happen to anyone else? Also does anyone know how to move the reticule position so I can fix this. I tested this on a character with max everything so the reticule was perfect with 100 accuracy and the it still shot lower than the reticule.

Just the bottom dots? I have to aim up about 1cm to get a headshot. Right now I'm gonna see if I can edit the HUD in any way to fix the reticule. If i find a way I'll post it.

Well, when the 2 dots touch the sides of the opponents head, when you have that kind of accuracy, you can get a headshot that way. I would recommend trying to center on the head for torso kills when you have less accuracy.

Are you playing in third or first person? First person is a lot more accurate than third person is.

Lord Benrir said:
Are you playing in third or first person? First person is a lot more accurate than third person is.

I care to disagree. I never play in first person and I have no problem what so ever. When I do miss its mostly due to hit detection. It takes some getting used to, but I think that third-person is just as good.

But the reticule is placed higher than in first person, so you have to adjust your aim accordingly. It's probably easy enough if that's what you are used to, but it can be a pain if you aren't.

The reticule is just at the center of the screen. Since at 3rd person view, your view point is way above the gun barrel, the "center" points at an elevated point. One can easily notice the shift if you choose a small target, place the reticule on it and flip between 1st-3rd views. How much it moves on your screen (the relative aiming point correction required) depends on the distance:

* For typical short-mid ranges the aiming point in 3rd view is close to the bottom of the round reticule (when closed). Place the head between the edges of the bottom 2 arches to get a head shot.
* At longer ranges this point shifts up - if it is a "hail Mary" shot then the difference is small enough not to matter anyway. If this is a long range shot that you believe you can get if you just aim properly, switch to 1st person "sniper mode".
* The difference is much more extreme with the sniper rifles because of the crouching animation. Scoped rifles should always be used from 1st person.

The hit detection is definitely off. I've aimed above a guy's head at point-blank with a pistol and hit him in the stomach.

The biggest problem with shooting in this game is the bullet drop. Unfortunately, 1866 seems to have failed to modify the projectiles, so they still have arrow dropping physics.

That's strange. To my experience this mod has the best gun physics of all the mods that I've tried. In fact I can barely notice any drop unless I'm trying to shoot someone at the other end of the map.

Lord Benrir said:
That's strange. To my experience this mod has the best gun physics of all the mods that I've tried. In fact I can barely notice any drop unless I'm trying to shoot someone at the other end of the map.

I agree. Hit detection is not where the bullet goes but the fact that the bullet does not incur any damage, despite being an obvious hit.

Aim high for short/long shots.

It might not be instantly intuitive but you get used to it

( If there was bullet splash it would make it much easier to adjust but I don't use the reticule to aim for close shots, you just get a "feel" )

Back
Top Bottom