MP Oriental [WB] The Satsuma Rebellion - Samurai Mod [Screenshots Added]

Users who are viewing this thread

Scorp1171

Sergeant at Arms
First, can I just let you all, the title of 'Japanese Division' is because of the division between the the Samurai, Ninja and The empire. This thread will be updated on a regular basis with edits and new posts showing screenshots. Personally I don't believe in the possibility in a mods success until I see proof that it's in the pipeline and that it's not simply a spur of energy that a modder have which is soon lost, so I will provide screenshots ASAP.

This mod will be based upon Japanese fighting factions including the samurai, Ninjas and the Japanese Empire. Each faction will have there own unique abilities and skills which will make each faction very different while maintaining a game balance. Below are the factions with a basic overview. One of my main goals in this project will be to have some intense, fast paced close quarters combat. Please understand that this post does not portray exactly what will be in the mod, alot more will come, this is simply outlining the basic mod foundation. I would also like you to understand this is not going to be 100% historically correct.

Samurai:

The samurai were one of the most sophisticated fighting forces back in the medieval times, with armour and samurai swords capable of cutting through a person like butter.

- Armoured with Head, torso, leg and hand armour
- Naturally skilled with two handed weapons and polearms
- Horseback ability
- Use of bows, also on horseback

Ninjas:

Fast and agile elite warriors which have free running abilities. They are assassins who are skilled at killing targets in stealth.

- Sacrifice the weight of armour for agility and speed, making them fast, in effect making them harder to hit in ranged combat
- Skilled with one handed weapons, such as katanas
- Skilled with throwing weapons such as throwing stars and daggers
- Free running capabilities meaning they can sustain health from jumping down from tall ledges and they can jump higher

Imperial Empire:

Modernised Japanese fighting force serving the emperor, using muskets like all other main countries during this peroid in the 18th century.

- Consistant uniform which has no armour capabilities making them fairly fast while vunerable
- Armed with a musket which will have good range and accuracy while having a poor reloading speed making every shot count.
- As a melee weapon, they will have short katanas to maintain there honour for the emperor.
- More to come

New Modes:

VIP:

Picture this, a samurai town, and assassins want to kill the lead samurai within the samurai town. The samurais cannot leave this town while the ninjas can enter the town via access across the building roofs etc. This will be made for intense close quarters combat and a struggle for the samurai to keep there master samurai alive while the ninjas try to assassinate him.

Events:

A large number of events will take place with the mod on a regular basis, allowing a large number of event accepted players to take part. Hopefully such events will allow a very large number of players to participate, making it more epic on a larger scale. An example event would be that the Empire has dispatched a troop division to destroy the samurai settlement, to destroy the threat. Samurai have realised whats happening, and so they have gathered an army to intercept the empires troop division before they reach the samurai settlement. The event then would consist of either side having a commander, organising there armies putting them in formations etc and then fighting on a custom made map to suit the event. Then, if the empire wins, another event will be organised for the attack of the samurai settlement due to the empires victory in the battle.

External Requirements:

Texture Artist - A texture artist will be required at some stage to make samurai armour varients so it does not look repetative from the current one texture on the armour.

Maps - I can make map however a variety of maps would be useful and I cannot make a lot at once. However mapping ideas would need to be discussed.

SCREENSHOTS:

The spoiler below contains very early mod teaser screenshots. Please understand that this is at a very early stage in the mods development, and what you see may be altered in later versions. Also, understand that a lot more content is still to be added, such as armor, and weaponary and another faction etc.

Also, while showing these screenshots, i'd like to give credit for people's work seen inside the screenshots.

22nd_Teutonic_Archer - Texture/modelling
gutekfiutek - Polished Landscapes
Walzou - Samurai Weapons & Armor Pack
Checkmaty - More Metal Sounds
RR_Raptor65 - Flintlock Musket

mb5.jpg

mb6.jpg

mb7.jpg

mb8.jpg

So this is the Boshin War period? If it is I would just call it the Boshin War mod sounds cooler than Japanese Division but I'm not going to tell you what to do with your mod sounds cool btw.

I was originally making a mod like this, but I gave up. And it was for single player.

The last Samurai = Badass.

Despite the fact that katana couldn't cut through a person like through butter ever at all, this could be really pretty cool to play. Good luck! :smile:

Thanks for feedback.

smurfin said:
So this is the Boshin War period? If it is I would just call it the Boshin War mod sounds cooler than Japanese Division but I'm not going to tell you what to do with your mod sounds cool btw.

I was unaware of the war being called the Boshin War, so I will certainly change it as it does sound better.

Artyem said:
I was originally making a mod like this, but I gave up. And it was for single player.

The last Samurai = Badass.

Its ashame you gave up with your mod, and the last samurai was very badass indeed :smile:.

FrisianDude said:
Despite the fact that katana couldn't cut through a person like through butter ever at all, this could be really pretty cool to play. Good luck! :smile:

After watching something on the TV, it shows how sharp a samurai sword was with demonstrations using objects to simulate bones and flesh etc and it sure did. Well thats what the demonstration was showing anyway. Also im glad your interested :smile:.

Katana was easily able to cut through the thickest steel armor. That's the reason why Japanese didn't use metal armor or shields. It even occationally happened that atoms were sliced from a cut of really well crafted katana. This would then lead the brief existence of unstable fission products, giving the sword a faint radioactive aura. It is assumpted that Godzilla was created because of this, when a missed katana swing cut through a pitchblende rock next to a lizard egg.

Urist said:
Katana was easily able to cut through the thickest steel armor. That's the reason why Japanese didn't use metal armor or shields. It even occationally happened that atoms were sliced from a cut of really well crafted katana. This would then lead the brief existence of unstable fission products, giving the sword a faint radioactive aura. It is assumpted that Godzilla was created because of this, when a missed katana swing cut through a pitchblende rock next to a lizard egg.
:lol:

smurfin you threw him off!
This is the Satsuma rebellion.
The Boshin war was the war between the Shogunate forces and Imperial Japan. Both of which had good technology ( i.e gatling guns and up to date rifles) and samurai supporters.

If your going Samurai vs Imperial like the last samurai then this is infact the satsuma rebellion. I myself have been working on a Last Samurai mod in private since last year but it's for normal mount and blade. I would help you with textures but Im too busy right now with my main mod.

Shalictar Hammerfall said:
The Boshin war was the war between the Shogunate forces and Imperial Japan. Both of which had good technology ( i.e gatling guns and up to date rifles) and samurai supporters.

If your going Samurai vs Imperial like the last samurai then this is infact the satsuma rebellion. I myself have been working on a Last Samurai mod in private since last year but it's for normal mount and blade. I would help you with textures but Im too busy right now with my main mod.

omg.. Thanks for telling me :smile: problem with this mod just now is balance between samurai and imperial forces, its like WW2 vs modern day, whos gonna win?

Keep the imperial forces with very very light armor. So that arrows and prolonged melee will make it easier for the samurai. You also have to bring horses to only the samurai and imperial commanders. This will give the samurai another edge. So that the samurai are not too overpowered your probably gonna have to overhaul the rifles of the Imperial forces to be able to kill in 1-3 shots. These just some of the things i've had to do in my mod.

EDIT: @ Frisian a finely crafted Gatana could easily cut through and unarmored target in a similar fashion to butter, lol.

EDIT: Since this is Mp and being cavalry is up to the player, I say keep imperial cavalry light as well.

Shalictar Hammerfall said:

You sure? Because this sounds a lot like the Boshin War which was the end of the samurai. If I'm wrong sorry lol totally mislead you.

Boshin war was the end of the Tokugawa Shogunate.

The Satsuma rebellion was the the end of the Samurai class.

smurfin said:
Should of done research my bad scorp

Not really, it started as a small Samurai vs imperial vs ninja mod then I decided to add some history to it from what you said, although I did mention it to others and they didn't realise either. Ill be changing the name again but on the bright side i've created the samurai and ninja factions now.

Eh scorp if you need any research done I'll be glad to help you out.

Back
Top Bottom