Feature Requests

Users who are viewing this thread

Alot of these changes sound really neat! I really think the tax/revolt thing is a good idea. And karma sounds interesting.. How would that system work? If you don't mind explaining!  :smile:

Well... the original idea was that I'd write this game a decent ending sequence... and karma would largely determine what ending you got. 

And it would influence things, if it got pushed strongly one way or another, or if it went both ways (it wouldn't be a stat you could shove back and forth, but more of a "permanent record" of your good and bad deeds.  So, in some ways, it would be like Honor, but it'd be less about the Lords (who are, for the most part, going to end up being your enemies anyhow) and more about the attitudes of the people of Calradia towards your character.

Oh okay cool, sounds neat! I always try to play a good guy, and a karma system would really contribute to the story of my character being like that. Thanks for the info!

Give barbarians some clothes! I dont mean armor, but shirt at least. I'm pretty sure 14th century barbarians were civilized enough to wear clothes, lol. While it's not hard to get ones, it's somehow ridiculous to me.

The ability to invest in infrastructure such as roads and ports to increase prosperity of the people thus increasing the taxes. In fact if you could make it add roads to the world map because of an investment it could be cool.

Give Merchants the ability to purchase a caravan which temporarily gives them guards and extra inventory spaces to go from either one city to the other or a network of them.

Would it be possible due to say with a blooming population, immigration from enemy annexed and looted villages, and other bonuses such as low taxes for a village to become a city? (If not the immigration idea sounds cool)

it would be great when we could decide how many troops we actually want to get. At the moment you have only 2 options with getting noone or as much as you can afford. I would like to see it that you could decide to only take 10 men even thought you could afford all 20 without problems for example.

Would be great if bandits could band together to attack you. Seeing 3 armys with 120 troops each running from you because you have 140 is quite funny, but brings you nowhere. especially when all their armys are only 0.1 slower than you so it takes ages for you to get them.

If i remember correctly there was a problem with the patrols effiency in the diplomacy mod. They wore out rather fast due to the auto battles and quick (instant?) respawns of the bandit parties. So if that issue hasnt been resolved, you might want to wait for or find a solution to that...

1. Change Autoresolvebattles? - Prolly impossible or a TON of work :grin:
2. No actual "patrols", but rather a decrease in bandit parties? - But i wanne see my shiny patrols :grin:

If that issue has infact been resolved in diplomacy plz disregard what i just said :wink:

xenoargh said:
They don't, currently.

That one's been asked for a couple of times.  I'll see if I can figure out a trigger for that behavior in 1.07 that won't prevent the usual behaviors- this has been done a few times, so I presume there's some utility code I can use.  I won't be able to squeeze that into 1.06.

Cool, I'll just try not to die till 1.07 :grin:. Great mod by the way xenoargh, it's got a great style and the detail and the number of new scenes is refreshing.

I agree with Valdarr with the troop number issue. With the wide range of troops to recruit having the ability to choose the number of men or troop type would be a great addition.

The cheat activation from the menu is great!  Thanks so much for that, now I can test the mod with simulated progress without spending weeks doing so.  I can't bear so much time testing either the mods or my tactical theories, so cheating it is!  Which leads me to another request...

In spending so much time with the "real" game, I've made a habit of carrying my hard work and accomplishments with me from game to game.  Grinding is not for me and I see no fault because the option is there to import and export.  Being maxed, there is no grinding, however, the companions are almost maxed as well which leads to a killing machine of an army.  So, if you get a moment, could you please look into adding import/export NPCs as a feature?  I really hate having to train them over and over simply because I'm testing theories.  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,61239.0.html FYI.

At least I tried for myself before asking, eh?  :???:

Ashmond said:
The cheat activation from the menu is great!  Thanks so much for that, now I can test the mod with simulated progress without spending weeks doing so.  I can't bear so much time testing either the mods or my tactical theories, so cheating it is!  Which leads me to another request...

In spending so much time with the "real" game, I've made a habit of carrying my hard work and accomplishments with me from game to game.  Grinding is not for me and I see no fault because the option is there to import and export.  Being maxed, there is no grinding, however, the companions are almost maxed as well which leads to a killing machine of an army.  So, if you get a moment, could you please look into adding import/export NPCs as a feature?  I really hate having to train them over and over simply because I'm testing theories.  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,61239.0.html FYI.

At least I tried for myself before asking, eh?  :???:

This whole "testing theories" business smells like an elaborate excuse to cover up the fact that you like to cheat and play with overpowered troops way too much.  :lol:

I acyually hate training up my companions all over again, I dont mind leveling my troops though:p

Good call on exporting/importing companions!

Veraxus5 said:
This whole "testing theories" business smells like an elaborate excuse to cover up the fact that you like to cheat and play with overpowered troops way too much.  :lol:

Hello.  My name is Ashmond and I love cheating.  It's just such great fun!  I would like to thank our cheaters anonymous host for allowing this time to face our inner cheat demons.  May the Higher Power help me.

Ashmond said:
Veraxus5 said:

Hello.  My name is Ashmond and I love cheating.  It's just such great fun!  I would like to thank our cheaters anonymous host for allowing this time to face our inner cheat demons.  May the Higher Power help me.

Why didn't you just come out with that in the first place?  :mrgreen: Isn't it good to finally get if off your chest?

wonderwyrm said:
I acyually hate training up my companions all over again, I dont mind leveling my troops though:p

Good call on exporting/importing companions!

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,109481.0.html

dunno if it can be used with B&S, though.

I wonder if you could make some features able to be turned off via camp menu? I'd disable semi-random plains, with pain in my hard, but still would.

Damn said:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,109481.0.html

dunno if it can be used with B&S, though.

I wonder if you could make some features able to be turned off via camp menu? I'd disable semi-random plains, with pain in my hard, but still would.

That file won't work because xenoargh has made extenstive changes in the menu area, I believe it causes an RGL crash, but that was two days ago, so who knows?  Xenoargh also stated that inserting the text yourself won't work and from my own attempts I can confirm that it will not.  Since there are so many new characters, the numbers are all wrong, so it seems.

Any chance you might be able to add in the feature to continue observing the battle even after you're incapacitated? I hate having to constantly spam crtl + h in sticky situations just so I can continue the battle without starting over.

:eek:
Veraxus5 said:
I hate having to constantly spam crtl + h in sticky situations just so I can continue the battle without starting over.
:shock:
gavel2.gif
  HEAR HEAR!  Thou knowest not what thou doest.  Even I, the great WB cheat doth not partake in +h spamming.

Ashmond said:
:eek:
Veraxus5 said:
I hate having to constantly spam crtl + h in sticky situations just so I can continue the battle without starting over.
:shock:
gavel2.gif
  HEAR HEAR!  Thou knowest not what thou doest.  Even I, the great WB cheat doth not partake in +h spamming.

Tell me about it. I don't like using cheats, but I hate having to retreat every time I get killed by a random bolt from left field as I'm directing my troops to advance...  :cry:

Back
Top Bottom