"buy land" in village

Users who are viewing this thread

groose

Regular
Just want to start with that the "buy land" in towns are a great addition in the 1.126 patch! But I was thinking, since in towns you make items out of raw material, why not let the villages help with gathering raw material?

My idea is: the only way to improve villages are through construction a mill! That adds 5% to prosperity, but doesn't really make any good difference. But instead buying land from the village in sort of the same way as in towns, would make it intresting aswell as more real.

I was no thinking in the way like buy this for 10000 denars, get 400+ each week. More like around 1000 denars, earn 1-200 tops a week aswell as increasing town prosperity abit for more income taxes when owned by you, since the town gets richer from selling and the villagers gets jobs. Also, these raw materials would now be of more quantity, having a low price in the village and maybe aswell in town if it gets balanced.

Some ideas for different kinds of land:
Wheat - some places will be cheaper, some already cheap, would also be the cheapest one to buy
Olives
Iron (in villages near mountains)
Leather/fur - either combined or separate
Meat - maybe combined with above
Cabbage/other types of food
Fish for villages near water
A few more, these were the easiest I could think of right now

Just a few ideas. Would be good to have different options for different villages and locations. As mentioned above, Villages near water could have the oppotunity to gather fish, maybe also making it "smoked", which is the one you buy. Others, like Sarranid and Vaegir villages (now from the starting view) might not be able to make cabbage, wheat etc for their land being a dessert and snowy. Therefor vaegir could be good with leather/fur because they live cold, animals that roam free have thick skin/fur for the cold and they have for a long time killed these and made warm cloth etc. You get the idea.

So to sum up, each village would have maybe 2-3 types that each one has, like leather, meat since it's easy to have cattle/other animals in each village. Otherwise, depending on location they would have different (some the same) options for which "land" to buy.

To not exploit this too much, there could be hidden factors. Like in towns right now, trade is what makes the outcome profits. High raw material-price or to low quantity leaves you with lower money this week. Could be the same here, some different things could make it not that good this week or maybe gives you extra for it was a great week. For mentioning the iron-digging again, maybe this week they found a rich vein, giving you extra money and lowering the prices a bit more. The next week they didn't find anything, making you loose some money that is for payment and rising the price of iron this week. All goes around, cheap iron would make ironworks more profitable since you buy cheap iron and sell the tools you make for the same price but with a higher difference from making and selling. Simple math.

Hope this is a good idea!

Unless you could give a very good price I think villagers would be unlikely to sell you their valuble land. The option to invest in an already established farm or mine would be more likely I think. But I'm no expert in medieval economy.

Xzafierk said:
Unless you could give a very good price I think villagers would be unlikely to sell you their valuble land. The option to invest in an already established farm or mine would be more likely I think. But I'm no expert in medieval economy.
Do you think that villagers had any choice? If lord wanted something then they had to do that, no matter if they wanted :smile:
Yes, feudal system was the best ;p

Interesting concept, however, i have a slightly different concept in mind, it would be interesting to be able to supply your actual Businesses via your villages. IE: If you have a Winery in Rivacheg, and own a Village close by, that village should be able to start producing Grapes (Setup a Vineyard) which are then supplying your Winery, this would eliminate the cost of your Winery having to purchase the Grapes saving you from an extra expense potentially increasing the Revenue of your Business.

The village should keep the Stock in it's own inventory (Like your Business does) and you must take the Grape load to the Town yourself, this way you still have to come back every once in a while making it a little less easy to "Get rich quick". If no grapes are in your Winery's stock, it will switch back to purchasing them from the town, again, making it not so easy to simply setup a business early making the game somewhat easier.

Mill - Produces Grain - Supplies Bakery
Vineyard - Produces Grapes - Supplies Winery
etc etc, Villages could possibly only produce 1 type of produce depending on their location for a little more realism.

If this is a potential feature i think Taxes from the Fief should be slightly reduced to emphasize Peasant Wages. And of course, Pillaging and Looting will affect the amount of Produce.

I think some good concepts can derive from your idea  :wink:

Lord Dan said:
Interesting concept, however, i have a slightly different concept in mind, it would be interesting to be able to supply your actual Businesses via your villages. IE: If you have a Winery in Rivacheg, and own a Village close by, that village should be able to start producing Grapes (Setup a Vineyard) which are then supplying your Winery, this would eliminate the cost of your Winery having to purchase the Grapes saving you from an extra expense potentially increasing the Revenue of your Business.

The village should keep the Stock in it's own inventory (Like your Business does) and you must take the Grape load to the Town yourself, this way you still have to come back every once in a while making it a little less easy to "Get rich quick". If no grapes are in your Winery's stock, it will switch back to purchasing them from the town, again, making it not so easy to simply setup a business early making the game somewhat easier.

Mill - Produces Grain - Supplies Bakery
Vineyard - Produces Grapes - Supplies Winery
etc etc, Villages could possibly only produce 1 type of produce depending on their location for a little more realism.

If this is a potential feature i think Taxes from the Fief should be slightly reduced to emphasize Peasant Wages. And of course, Pillaging and Looting will affect the amount of Produce.

I think some good concepts can derive from your idea  :wink:

Good idea! Makes more sense with something like that. But would be good if each town maybe could have some kind of "buy land", since giving job and producing money to the town, like mentioned. Also, a small reputation, 3-4 atleast before buying land? If not the lord of the village, will say. Lords would maybe already have land that they exploit in the village, you only get a small space somewhere (to make it realistic).

When having some kind of factory in each town and villages all around with land, running around each day with the warez to town would be really annoying, I would rather go around killing sea raiders than be a caravan master on full time! So instead, I read in the Diplomacy-threads about an idea of having a trade master that let you make your own trade routes. Implementing him into the game could give the option to send caravans past/to x-village to take y-item to z-town.
  Depending on different factors like distance to the village, troubles on the road like sea raiders, bandits etc, the price would be higher. This would make asking the guildmaster about the trade more valuable, since he could maybe give more info about here and here are too many bandits, making this and this road unsafe. Going out to kill some bandits would maybe lower the price a bit (danger factor, how likely the caravan could get ambushed). Like Rivacheg that is surrounded by sea raiders all the time a caravancrew containing 15 men wouldn't be enough. Either you go there and get rid of some of them, or you buy a bigger caravan (cost a bit more each week!). For this to be balanced, maybe it would cost more than a few denars, 20-40 maybe? Since you do make 600 denars from linery that you sell for that price (so they make what, 1 each week? lazy...).

Also, the elder in town could be payed to organize the trip to town to sell/give the material to the factory.

All of this would make it less profitable so you wouldn't earn huge piles of money but would make atleast a small amount more money each week (depending on how good it all goes, sometimes you lose money 'cause it was a bad trade-week)

Xzafierk said:

Well, the mill doesn't make any good profit in the end, you pay over 5000 denars for a 5% increase in prosperity. It takes long time before you start earning back that money (if not changed the percentage). This is just a way on how to make trading a more intresting thing in the game, also a bit more strategic and lets you choose if you think it would be profitable enough to let X-village produce Y-item and take it to Z-town and earn more money than you put in.

Farmers could deliver the raw products to the town, if you have a business there that uses the corresponding materials the farmers delivered, they will use it. However, to have them deliver the specific product, you have to pay the farmers a little more. It uses a lot less money than having your business to buy it from market and it gives a better feel as well as making it a little more convenient.

Paradoxis said:
Farmers could deliver the raw products to the town, if you have a business there that uses the corresponding materials the farmers delivered, they will use it. However, to have them deliver the specific product, you have to pay the farmers a little more. It uses a lot less money than having your business to buy it from market and it gives a better feel as well as making it a little more convenient.

Good point, Villagers already run to and from their Villages and Towns to sort of simulate delivery of goods and prosperity, it'd make sense for the Villagers to deliver them. The majority of the time i see Villagers outrunning larger groups of Brigands so it's not a massive danger, mostly fast moving Deserters to worry about.

Again, i think some good ideas can stem from this, and they are.  :wink:

Edit:
However, to have them deliver the specific product, you have to pay the farmers a little more.
As i stated above, the easiest way to implement this would be to simply lower the Tax Income from a fief a little to Emphasize Peasant Wages..  :cool: Or, as a more interesting alternative appear on your Weekly Budget Reports:
-74 Denars for Peasant Wages

Lord Dan said:
Paradoxis said:

Good point, Villagers already run to and from their Villages and Towns to sort of simulate delivery of goods and prosperity, it'd make sense for the Villagers to deliver them. The majority of the time i see Villagers outrunning larger groups of Brigands so it's not a massive danger, mostly fast moving Deserters to worry about.

Edit:
However, to have them deliver the specific product, you have to pay the farmers a little more.
As i stated above, the easiest way to implement this would be to simply lower the Tax Income from a fief a little to Emphasize Peasant Wages..  :cool: Or, as a more interesting alternative appear on your Weekly Budget Reports:

Hmm, but if you don't own the village, you don't get any taxes. That would lower the profit of the produced product because they want more to do this. Or maybe it could be set in the payment they take for the work from the start

groose said:
Lord Dan said:
Paradoxis said:

Edit:

Hmm, but if you don't own the village, you don't get any taxes. That would lower the profit of the produced product because they want more to do this. Or maybe it could be set in the payment they take for the work from the start

If you don't own a Village, then your business would simply buy the materials it needs from it's local Market like normal would it not? Sorry, not quite following your last comment.  :wink:

Lord Dan said:
If you don't own a Village, then your business would simply buy the materials it needs from it's local Market like normal would it not? Sorry, not quite following your last comment.  :wink:

What you and he said was that you can lower the taxes for some reason, to emphazise the village people, sorry english it not my main language so don't really know what you mean

But what I said was that if you don't own the town you won't get any taxes from it and therefor can't lower the taxes :razz: But what I meant was that if they anyway go to town to trade with what they produce otherwise, it would simply be best if they counted in the "delivery-job" in the paymentplan when you want to buy land. As when buying a factory, they mention how much it will cost to buy, how much the raw material costs, how much they want for making it and how much you will profit from it in the end.

One more thing, maybe somehow we could ask them which town they do business in so you can buy different land depending on where they go? Would maybe otherwise be bad if they brought iron to Dhirim when it is already cheap there, more profitable taking it to suno for example and let them take something else to Dhirim.

Well, I was thinking. What it you had 2 villages, going to the same town. Wouldn't maybe be that good to have them both make grapes for your vineyard. What if you could tell them to either give to factory or sell on the market? If they give to factory, that would make the most profitable vine because they don't have to buy anything form the market (merchants also buy cheap, sell to a higher price right? now we have removed the middle-hand and earned some money!) BUT you wouldn't make any money directly from town A, since they gave their grapes to the vineyard. Remember that you still need to pay for the labor. Still you do make a profite since since you now get more money from cheap grapes becoming expensive vine!
  Village B on the other hand, that also produced grapes, now sold them to the merchants, earning some money instead. So directly from this village you will only get a positive profit, since selling the grapes was much higher than the price for the labor. Remember that none of these villages are owned by you (yet :cool: ).

So now you have a good investment, cheap grapes, profitable vine! But wait! Village A's villagers on their way to town was attacked! Meaning no grapes for the vineyard, making them buy grapes from the market that village B sold. So this week you still have to pay for the labor and got lower income than last week from the vineyard.

KuroiNekouPL said:
Xzafierk said:
Do you think that villagers had any choice? If lord wanted something then they had to do that, no matter if they wanted :smile:

You still need tradesmen and engineers to set up the place. No point in building a Brewery when all you can make is undrinkable swill or enough bread to supply an entire army

gyrobot said:
KuroiNekouPL said:
Xzafierk said:

You still need tradesmen and engineers to set up the place. No point in building a Brewery when all you can make is undrinkable swill or enough bread to supply an entire army

That's true but still did they manage to build them

I like the Idea, What if you're at another country's land and want to buy something you can't just steal it.  You buy it.

I support this idea. I want to buy a land in a village like a cabbage farm. corn farm. Cow farm, chicken farm, pig farm, apple farm, fishing pond farm, dude any food that we're using in game should have a farm and we could buy those at any village.

Banner.jpg

I support player enterprises in villages.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the cattle and sheep population.

There should be an investment option to increase the growth of cattle or sheep, and eliminate the cattle epidemic that has a 1% chance to occur.
Cattle produces dried meat, cheese, butter and raw leather. A high amount of cattle would increase the production of those trade goods.

If you look at the item shortages in towns, you will see that most of them are what cattle produce. Giving players the option to increase the cattle population in villages will help town shortages and boost prosperity for both towns and villages.

Back
Top Bottom