Gladiator Mod official thread

When you started, where you a roman or a Dacian soldier?

• Roman.

Votes: 97 70.3%
  • Dacian.

Votes: 32 23.2%
  • Skipped the begging sequence.

Votes: 9 6.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
voutare the opening battle scene is ingenious its one of the best bits of the mod and if you change it ill hunt you down and slap you with a dutchmans foot

*TheDrunkenMoron- For some nice models you have done, you have made some insane stuff, and helped us alot.*

you flatter me, but i don't deserve to be in the credit's for the odd models i contributed. a helmet, an armour set, and a sword or two arn't reason for it. all i wanted was that beta!  :razz:

anyway, im downloading right now, let's see what you did

I liked that humor. It was funny to see something like that in the game.

Atla, everyone but you likes the beggining, so it will stay.

Geneyuss: Thanks, help is very much appreciated, but from now on, we dont really have any new things to discover.

You are unable to use the TAB key anywhere! Did you purposely disable it in battle? I understand not wanting the player to TAB out of gladiator fights, but you cant even use it in real fights. This makes playing the game impossible outside the gladiator part. I want to pillage a bit and kill some innocent peasants and legionaries! This has to be the most frustrating, game breaking issue.

TAB works for me, in a regular battle against roman rebels.

Someone also suggested that you may need to rewrite dialogue because it is poorly written or something to that effect. I noticed that a little bit too although it didn’t really bother me that much. I’m not sure if English is your first language or not, but i would be happy to assist you with writing out some dialogue if you need it.

My first language is English, however I wasnt the one who wrote all the dialogue. That was highlander, who is from eastern Europe ( I think). And it isn't so bad that it is impossible to read, so I find no problem with it, granted it will get fixed in time.

TheDrunkenMoron- your way to humble.

Good work guys, been waiting for this one for a long time. Waiting impatiently for the D/L to finish... damn NZ internet!!! If you want someone to go through the dialogue and fix up the spelling and punctuation errors I can probably do it for you, I'm reasonably free for time at the moment.

I guess you could, but I could too. I think I will work on that. Im not sure what is going to happen with all the dialogue errors though, I could try to fix them, by looking at other parts.

id say the main problem is the conversations stalling i personally am not too bothered about dialogue oh and a few weps from the original game slipped through the net and constable hareck asks you to hunt down river pirates and gives you a wooden sheild but glitches like this are what makes this a beta when theyre all fixed it looks like its gunna be a great mod oh yeah and can you get your troops into formation like the romans do coz thatd make battles a lot easier

This mod looks really neat (love the town scenes), but it's practically unplayable. Can't get out of dialogs, can't get out of battles, etc.

I know it's just the first release, but bugs like these shouldn't have been ignored.

I agree Dwinny, but Highlander told me earlier that after he fixed a major bug, some small things went threw the net.

Also, to make a formation, you need to tell your guys to hold your position and they will get into a box.

Did you make your character have red hair? If you change the hair color to something else, it will probebly fix it. I will look into it tommorow.

Oh, you were the same person... didnt know that.

Check if there is the hair_red.dds file in your directory. If it isnt there, that is your problem.

Hmm... I dont know them. I'd wait for Highlander to get back, or ask someone else.

Major bugs: tommorow or Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom