[Europe 1805] Main Topic: General debate, feedback, DOWNLOAD and news.

What are your 2 favourite new units?

• Russian Dragoon

Votes: 69 19.0%
  • Swedish Dragoon

Votes: 75 20.7%
  • Danish Dragoon

Votes: 26 7.2%
  • Danish Grenadier

Votes: 52 14.3%
  • Norwegian Skier

Votes: 72 19.8%
  • Saxon Hussar

Votes: 45 12.4%
  • KGL Hussar

Votes: 61 16.8%
  • Moscow musketeer

Votes: 107 29.5%
  • Brandenburger Uhlan

Votes: 46 12.7%
  • Russian Hussar

Votes: 59 16.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I have this must utter need to bump in here...

First of, improving AI is one heck of a job and quite frankly... I think it's hardcoded. Then to the second part, what the heck do you mean by fake? And last but not least, your sentences are quite messy. You should either take a little more time to go through them or ask your parants for help.

Dear Regards, Bjorne.

I am not a 10 year old child... What i mean with 'fake' is the unrealistic feeling if The Netherlands are taking Marseille.

In Native are sometimes lords who are taking towns that are far behind the borders. It would be nice if they just started at the border with capturing lands.

(PS: I am Dutch and not a English speaking professional...)

JDeNef13 said:
Link to the Total War Center forum with the Uniform thread of Napoleonic troops. Excellent pictures of all kinds of troops from the Napoleonic era and a great source!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=306393

JDeNef13

Great indeed! Most troops are done though. What's left is finishing the city positions on the map, a few more weapon models and lot's of coding. I'm doubting if I'll manage before the end of the week. I won't have time in August so it might be that the release will only be in september. Sorry for that.

Quintillius said:
Do you already have the European map?

Yes, made by Andeg.

Btw, it would be very nice if you can choice for be the Faction leader in the beginning.
Wanting to be Napoleon?
For the moment it's not a priority. But as I said, I'll release the source and it is probably explained somewhere on the forum how to do this. So, when it's released you can do it yourself.

Would it possible to make the enemies more smarter. Example; they can use formations and
don't only charge. Let them stand on several places. The soldiers on a hill in a line and the cavalerie behind them.

It is possible but AI is extremely hard to code. The Form Ranks Kit, which will be implemented, has the AI use formations. I'm altering the AI a bit to reflect napoleonic tactics is on the to do list. But as I said, It's hard.

Oh, and it would also be very nice if the enemies arent taking a city far in the land. Example The Netherlands are capturing Marseille. This is so... fake.

There are two ways of doing this. The first one, for which I have seen the code somewhere (I think in the Europe 1200 source) is to make nations only declare war on nearby nations. This however would not really work for us.

There is also a more direct way. Sword of Damocles has lords who prefer to attack nearby castles and cities. I have no idea how to do this though.

Why the hell these mods always have Serbia?
If u read at historical pages Serbia at that time was Conqered by Ottoman empire and didnt stand a ****.
At the other hand, this looks great!
Europe map, factions...
u said it have different weapons with same mesh. its not good, but u probably noticed that in RoR there are same weapons with different mesh types, so u can separate these meshes to have different weapons(ex. Flintlock pistols have about 5 different mesh variations,carabine too).
Good luck with this mod,
Yeo.

yeo said:
Why the hell these mods always have Serbia?
If u read at historical pages Serbia at that time was Conqered by Ottoman empire and didnt stand a ****.

Because in 1805 Serbia was in full revolt against the ottoman empire, and de facto independent. If in 1805 Poland and Ireland would have been in revolt I would have added them too..

Some more information on the melee aspect of the mod.

Balancing

The game is balanced in a way that the melee aspect stays extremely important. Muskets kill with a single hit, but reloading takes such a long time, and accuracy is so bad that a good group of cavalry can smash any force of infantry unless they stick together and get support from their own cavalry. If infantry sticks together they can by quite dangerous to cavalry. Especially grenadiers are masters with a bayonet and can easily stop a cavalry charge if they form square. But otherwise cavalry rules the field.

Some historical swords that are finished and included

Light cavalry
Pattern 1796 Light Cavalry Sabre (UK)
An IX Light Cavalry Sabre (FR)
An IV Dragoon Sword (FR)
Scimitar* (TU)
Not country specific: Szabla, nomad sabre*, ...

Heavy Cavalry
Modell 1803 Heavy Cavalry Broadsword* (AT)
Pattern 1796 Heavy Cavalry Sabre (UK)
An IX Heavy Cavalry Sabre (FR)
Modell 1790 Pallash* (PR)

Infantry
Briquet-sabre (FR)
Pattern 1796 Infantry Officer's Sword (UK)
Yatagan* (TU)
Not country specific: Sailers Sabre*, small swords*, rapier*.

Some of the above weapons were also used by allied or neighboring countries, both in real life and in-game.
(*Uses a mesh from native or the OSP weapons)

Proficiencies

Because there are no two-handed weapons I changed the melee proficiencies into the following:

Civilian fencing (small swords, rapiers) tend to be thrust weapons only. They are faster then military fencing weapons but cannot be used on horseback and are more useful in a duel then in a confusing battle were there is often less place to keep a distance between you and your enemy.
Military fencing (sabres and cavalry swords) are generally slashing weapons. But most can also thrust and a few of them can only thrust.
Polearmes (lances and bayonets) stay the same as in native.

Animations (not finished)

Military fencing weapons (mostly) use bjornes one-handed animation.
Civilian fencing weapons will get a combination of native and new animations.
Polearms use native animations.

I changed the animations in such a way that infantry can now switch in a splits second between their musket and their melee musket. Thus giving the impression of a secondary weapon ability.

Feel free to comment! Good ideas might always find their way into the mod.

Nice guide you wrote. I like the fact that you changed the animation in switching the melee and firing model of the musket. Now, it seems soldiers carry only one musket. Good idea in changing the proficiencies too!

JDeNef13

JDeNef13 said:
Nice guide you wrote. I like the fact that you changed the animation in switching the melee and firing model of the musket. Now, it seems soldiers carry only one musket. Good idea in changing the proficiencies too!

JDeNef13

Thanks,

I'm also implementing a code which gives the player a melee musket if he has a musket in his inventory when the battle starts. It needs some refinement as well as more testing but it should work out. I won't have time to finish it before September though.

warrior_Lv said:
Good luck with mod!
If you need help in sound i will be happy to help :wink:

Thanks a lot.

At the moment I'm working on other aspects (although progress will be extremely limited throughout august), but I'll remember it when I start with sound.

EDIT:
The new HUD. (Still needs some polishing)

Scripting is hard. I still don't get the items in the game.
When i have a file exported into .obj format, what should i do?
Do i need to create a mesh file and a col file with BRFedit? And then add one line to module_scene?

Quintillius said:
Scripting is hard. I still don't get the items in the game.
When i have a file exported into .obj format, what should i do?
Do i need to create a mesh file and a col file with BRFedit? And then add one line to module_scene?
u have to import them into brf file with dds files in texture folder assuming u have textured it. Now if its an item or object, u have to add them into item_kinds or scene_props, or if u working with module_system, add them into module_items or module_scene_props. For items its easier to do with item editor.Not sure for objects :???:
Note: whatever u did with brf its only mesh, not item, so u have to create item in item editor and use ur new mesh
hope I helped,
Yeo

Eh, i am disoriented now.
In according to a guide, i need 3 files (mesh, col and mat) to create an item and script a whole story.
In according to another guide, i need a mesh and collision file?
In according to you, i need a .dds file (no idea what that is) and i saved always my meshes in Resources. Btw, the item editor is very outdated and i can't import any mesh.

Here, some basic of the building:

Image 1
Image 2
Last image

I need to texture it, maybe tomorrow. Not bad for a newbie =D?

Btw; A siege should like this: There 2 pieces of the walls destroyed, on that spot, there are several holes of artillery strikes. It would be very nice if there came smoke from this holes.
You have your army nearby those walls. You need to figjht in the streets, much of the streets are blocked by damage to houses.  This offers excelent hiding. The last part is adding sound. Cannons and musket shoots :grin:!
Is this possible? Yes? Then, the siege scenes are very nice to do :grin:.

(Post Scriptum: Do you need only ONE siege scene? oO)

Back
Top Bottom