Vikings (Nords)

Users who are viewing this thread

jmarques

Recruit
So i was watching a video clip of "Guardians of Asgaard" from the band Amon Amarth (swedish metal band). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eooG_4T42c&a=80AIOqaCfqk&playnext_from=ML&playnext=1

And i noticed something. I know the armor and stuff used in the videoclip is probably less accurate than Taleworld's (since they did some research, i believe), there is still a feeling at you don't get from M&B Warband that you get from that clip, even without the music. It's... rawness, realism. It also made me think about facial expressions in Warband. Lol. The guy is either smiling all the time, or does a mean face even when standing around.

I think facial expressions should be dynamic. I'll ignore any technical issues or "technical pain in the ass"es when speaking of this. For example, when the character is idle, he could have a relaxed face. When running, (also running could be better done, why don't you try running around with 30kg on your back and see what you look like? (didn't mean this as an offence, just stating)) the character's face should be more "focused", more concentrated. When fighting, same thing, but a good addition would be roars. I hardly imagine someone getting their leg slashed in half not screaming. Same thing when swinging swords, hammers, blocking with shield, etc... And when wounded, the character should show terror.

Do you think this should go to suggestions? I didn't know how much i would write when started. Let's just discuss for now.

There are no facial expressions implemented, I don't think that'll change.
For the sake of immersion I'd say you're right, exhaustion should have a significant effect on the characters.

GerDeathstar said:
exhaustion should have a significant effect on the characters.

you are talking about stamina... been discussed many times but it wont happen because all the spammers will lose thier advantage.

players were talking about it since the beta and it ended like the 2h weapon discussion.

It was mentioned loooong before that. Stop your annoying personal crusade against twohanders.

More ontopic; that clip didn't make me think of either realism nor rawness. The fighting looked like a happy dance and the wasn't very exhausted, or else he wouldn't have been able to push a falling boulder out of the way. :razz:
Now, some stamina and more facial expressions WOULD be nice, but please don't make the fighting as silly as that. :razz:

I know they don't look exhausted, it doesn't even look realistic, i mean why would two guys fight in the midle of nowhere? It just made me start thinking, and then i ended up thinking about this facial expression thing.

I didn't say Amon Amarth's video was realist did i?

Back
Top Bottom