[B] Heavy Hooves: No More Sneaky Horses!

Users who are viewing this thread

thick1988

Master Knight
HEAVY HOOVES

We've all been in a pitched battle before, focusing intently on our opponents feints and attacks. Only to be suddenly, ridiculously, and anticlimactically lanced in the back by a ninja horseman. BUT NO MORE! Now I introduce the Heavy Hooves tweak. This will overwrite and increase the horse gallop, canter, trot, and walk sounds with the same sounds, increased by 15 decibels. So now you can hear those pesky mounties breathing down your neck.

Simply paste the .ogg files into your main sounds folder, or a module sounds folder of your choice. Click yes on any overwrites.

Download Here: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2072

Very interesting. Might I suggest to increase the sound of infantry walking on the ground as well? It has always bothered me how an entire army can walk up behind you, and all you'll ever hear is the sound grass makes when it grows.

Edit: Having tested your mod, I found it was a bit too loud for me. Is it possible to somehow only modify the volume when they are further away from you?

I don't think so. I'll probably re-release it with the sound a bit lower. perhaps set to 8-10 decibels as opposed to 15. Also I will raise the footfall sounds by 3-5 decibels. Any other things anyone can think to change just let me know.

Can you make the body fall sounds a little louder if the unit is armored? Like if someone falls down, there is a clang sound, I hate it when a armored knight drops and all you hear is leather touching the floor D: I understand that metal armor doesnt make super loud clanging noises when people fall down (from experience), but I definitely know that they dont make leather sounds :grin:

MountandBladeKinsman said:
Can you make the body fall sounds a little louder if the unit is armored? Like if someone falls down, there is a clang sound, I hate it when a armored knight drops and all you hear is leather touching the floor D: I understand that metal armor doesnt make super loud clanging noises when people fall down (from experience), but I definitely know that they dont make leather sounds :grin:

Hm I dont know if I'm that advanced yet. But I suggest you check out the More Metal Sound Mod for Warband. I think it has what you're looking for.

many thanks Sir Thick, this is maybe the most essential mod ever done, as most of 'em are just for visual improvements.

Back
Top Bottom