RUM team - results of matches and schedule. Make your challenge

Users who are viewing this thread

Derp.

If nobody needs the server after you, go ahead and play all 20. If you know people need that server and have it scheduled for a certain time, delaying the end - and that's all it is, stalling - Is selfish, pointless and downright tosser-y.

Two hours is a good chunk of the day to be setting aside for a match. Two hours where 20+ people need to ensure they're free. You made them take another half hour. You wanted to finish the match for the sake of pride? **** off to another server where people aren't relying on it being free for a certain time. You're lucky bigmac wouldn't give me the admin pass - If I had my way, you'd have all been kicked the second one team hit 11 wins.

Some people have jobs, college, uni etc. Your taking an extra half an hour just for the sake of finishing a match you'd already lost could have meant some people were unable to play, leaving their team stuck having to reschedule - And with the limited timeframe for each round, it could well wind up with a team having to default on a match.

So, uh...Yeah. Sod off.

Ok, you have lost half hour of your life, sorry for that. Believe it or not, I study, I work (normal time - 8-10 hours a day) I have girl, I have friends. Wait uh...what kind of argument was that? I think this is valid for most of us around here. That is the reason, why every team has some players in reserve, is it not?

Just curious, what would you say, when we would play an even matches as someone did - 9:9 and 2 not decided in time. What then?
I suppose, you would tell us, what poor selfish p...layers we are for playing and trying to winn, insted of letting you play - am I right? Trying to winn in decent way and trying to score till the end is the same in my book.

If this competition is to stay in decent mode, it would be better to write about things, that someone has done on purpose to delay you, not when his actions are ok and according to rules.

Something to learn from this case? Let's schedule another fight 2,5 hours after the last one -  everything will be ok.

I was referring to the self important git above me. And the 9/9 match was us. Trying to win is fine, but carrying on AFTER THE MATCH HAS ALREADY BEEN DECIDED, when people reserved the server for that time when you were playing just for the sake of playing? Yeah, I'd call you selfish pricks.

Yeah, well I got it. If I have some spared money, I would pay you some lessons of decent behaviour. Read what Zheka posted in his second point.

First and only fault is to reserve server TOO SOON after last match (always possibility of another long even war, so he has to wait anyway, does he not?). This flame is only because someone could not play and needs someone to blame, coz if we had an even match, NOONE would say anything, right? Even with another half hour gone. Even with whole hour gone. So where's the point? Someone is in bad mode, and needs to spread it. Someone other joins him because of boredom or because of need to learn others "what is right and what is wrong" in his book. Tadaaaa - one flamewar for free!

I'd love to have your problems and your time guys. Thank god most people do not care for crap like this, or I'd have to move on Mars.

Zheka said:
Even if I knew that there are some other matches scheduled after ours I would not care anyway.

I guess this answers my question regarding the delay. The answer being that you're a bunch of ****s.

Thanks for you input, Evgen - it was really enlightening.

Server is free to the two teams as long as they have not finished the 20 rounds, I think. If they would have been losing time stupidly I could agree it was a stupid move, but if they were just finishing the basic 20 rounds, then they had all rights to play them...

Edit: Even if you have lost, there are many matches coming ahead, and playing some more rounds are very useful.

Harlequin_ITA said:
Server is free to the two teams as long as they have not finished the 20 rounds, I think. If they would have been losing time stupidly I could agree it was a stupid move, but if they were just finishing the basic 20 rounds, then they had all rights to play them...

Edit: Even if you have lost, there are many matches coming ahead, and playing some more rounds are very useful.

True.

However I would like to point out that we were already 30 minutes delayed well after the point of the Russians obliterating the Czechs. It was rather annoying but let's hope it won't happen again.

Turanien said:
Harlequin_ITA said:

True.

However I would like to point out that we were already 30 minutes delayed well after the point of the Russians obliterating the Czechs. It was rather annoying but let's hope it won't happen again.
I have no idea of what happened exactly, just know from what I read here, maybe it'd be more wise to give teams more time, or even better talk between leaders before! :smile:

Larkraxm said:
I guess this answers my question regarding the delay. The answer being that you're a bunch of ****s.
Hey, we've let the Frenchs delay our match half an hour, because they did not have enough players. And noone have mentioned it afterwards. And then we played a full match. We were crushing them from the beginning, but they didn't run away like a cowards. And so we yesterday.

So yes we're all selfish ****heads, but you're cowards on the other hand.

Edit: That's all I've wanted to say. Now please...
stfue.jpg

Everything was said I suppose.

We did not know, there is match so soon after ours.

We have the right to play all of our 20 rounds and we did.

You've made a mistake reserving so soon. You were delayed because of yourself.

Lets hope it wont happen again - agreed. Lets hope next time you realize that there needs to be some time-reserve and you wont blame others for your faults.

Boh_Chris said:
Everything was said I suppose.

We did not know, there is match so soon after ours.

We have the right to play all of our 20 rounds and we did.

You've made a mistake reserving so soon. You were delayed because of yourself.

Lets hope it wont happen again - agreed. Lets hope next time you realize that there needs to be some time-reserve and you wont blame others for your faults.

Actually, it's all found right here in this thread:wink:

Harlequin_ITA said:
Well, reserving the server 1 hour later the match start is surely not wise...

True enough. However, again note how that we were delayed and thus also was the match to follow. But it matters not now...  :smile:

Harlequin_ITA said:
Turanien said:
Harlequin_ITA said:

True.

I have no idea of what happened exactly, just know from what I read here, maybe it'd be more wise to give teams more time, or even better talk between leaders before! :smile:

Nothing weird happened - we just played our match till the end like usual. We aren't a group of noobs, we already played many matches, we know how things go.

The problem was that noone came and said: hey we need the server now, we are waiting and your match is already decided, so could you let us play? Noone said something like that to me.

Larkraxm said:
Zheka said:
Even if I knew that there are some other matches scheduled after ours I would not care anyway.
Thanks for you input, Evgen - it was really enlightening.

You are welcome. I can clarify one more thing for you. If you think that your are very important person and everyone has owe you, then be aware that you are not.  Teams have to play 20 rounds. Only team's Captains or Nation Cup administrator/supervisor may interrupt it earlier and not a smart boy who thinks that having admin password makes him worth something.
Calodine, this is you are lucky that Bigmac did not give you admin password, not us. Do you realize what consequences will be if you interrupted the match without having any rights doing this? If I were UK team captain I would thought twice before giving password to such person.

Turanien said:
Harlequin_ITA said:

True.

Not true. As soon as we played 20 rounds we left server immediatly.

hm , i  see that the only selfish person here is Lugh himself, i  had better opinion about him, but nvm...

P.S. Server was free immediately after we finished 20 rounds.

Reserve +- 15 mins for some mistakes, net problems etc etc.

Turanien said:

Well, it is for me the last thing I would go before the important match. Nothing against you Tura, but I am used to focus on things important for me - and even we loose, we could still learn more from their tactics, score some points etc. Even if you were my brother, leaving the match before 20th round is the last thing I would have in mind.

Boh_Chris said:
Reserve +- 15 mins for some mistakes, net problems etc etc.

Turanien said:

Well, it is for me the last thing I would go before the important match. Nothing against you Tura, but I am used to focus on things important for me - and even we loose, we could still learn more from their tactics, score some points etc. Even if you were my brother, leaving the match before 20th round is the last thing I would have in mind.

Of course. At least we are all aware of this problem now.  :smile:

Back
Top Bottom